Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Noise-cancelling headphones

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Noise-cancelling headphones

Should have brought some years ago.

Anyway who has them and what have you got?

After something under $200 if poss.

Cadet Gold
    The Sony 1000XM2, get very good reviews. https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/29/...ing-headphones

Used to have noise cancelling headphones (Bose), but have since moved on to audiophile headphones. Works fine in the plane also.

Oops under USD 200, try the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I have the BOSE Noise Canceling. They were $350. But they work great. I have the over the ear type.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I have some BOSE but their ear muffs started to disintegrate after one year. I have not been able to find a replacement. I might just go with a cheap pair. I'll bet I could find something in the market at Tatchik in Burma if I looked.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

I see some are wireless, how would that work in a plane?

Im guessing you have some sort of transponder thing you got to plug into the plane. If so im sure I would forget to take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I have some BOSE but their ear muffs started to disintegrate after one year. I have not been able to find a replacement. I might just go with a cheap pair. I'll bet I could find something in the market at Tatchik in Burma if I looked.
    Same same, the ear muffs on mine did the same.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

Im guessing you have some sort of transponder thing you got to plug into the plane. If so im sure I would forget to take it out.
    Ooh you want to connect the headphones to the IFE ? I am sure I read somewhere there is an adapter, but not sure if it's 3rd party product or not.

Then you better get the wired one.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar

They have Blue Tooth. And a wire to connect to the plane system.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Same same, the ear muffs on mine did the same.
    Glad to hear that I'm not alone with my complaint. Bose didn't seem too concerned when I e-mailed them, wrote them and phoned them. Once bitten I don't go back under any conditions. $200 wasted.
    Rockitt likes this.

I have Bose quiet comfort 35. These are now only used when travelling on planes and I find them to be very good. Although wireless, on the plane I just wire up (it is in the pack). Not $200 but if they are for yourself, just fork out (That boat you once had would make $500 peanuts). If is for the kids well stick to under $200. If they have to work for something they will appreciate it more.

One complaint about them though and no solution (even had a Bose worker spend a few hours trying to sort it out), is that the wireless is incompatible with some systems; changing drivers etc does not work. Now if at home and listening to music, I do as would the Thai's. Full volume (or close to it), windows open and share it with the neighbours. Pay back for the early morning PA announcements and predictable music!

Noise cancelling on planes alone is worth the money. Buy duty free on your next trip out and save about $50 (if you have time to claim it back on your way out, receipt needed though they never asked to see but could)
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by retdent View Post
    I have Bose quiet comfort 35. These are now only used when travelling on planes and I find them to be very good. Although wireless, on the plane I just wire up (it is in the pack). Not $200 but if they are for yourself, just fork out (That boat you once had would make $500 peanuts). If is for the kids well stick to under $200. If they have to work for something they will appreciate it more.

One complaint about them though and no solution (even had a Bose worker spend a few hours trying to sort it out), is that the wireless is incompatible with some systems; changing drivers etc does not work. Now if at home and listening to music, I do as would the Thai's. Full volume (or close to it), windows open and share it with the neighbours. Pay back for the early morning PA announcements and predictable music!

Noise cancelling on planes alone is worth the money. Buy duty free on your next trip out and save about $50 (if you have time to claim it back on your way out, receipt needed though they never asked to see but could)
    Thanks mate, im flying international tomorrow so will check out the shops, and yes for myself kids would have to buy there own.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Glad to hear that I'm not alone with my complaint. Bose didn't seem too concerned when I e-mailed them, wrote them and phoned them. Once bitten I don't go back under any conditions. $200 wasted.
    You can order original ear cushion set from Bose her
    https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...shion-kit.html

There is also many non-original, this is one example https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075MVY9CR...9-b521805f7331
    Rockitt likes this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Another vote for Bose, I bought the headphones about 5 x years ago, I just had a look and they are Q25 ?............................................Excel lent and super comfortable headphones, I never thought I would say that they are worth the $380 I paid, there just brilliant. I use them every couple of weeks why im mowing my lawn, plug in the Ipod and turn the noise cancelling on and you can hardly hear the mower, and there good when im on a plane 555

Btw never had to replace the cushions, looks like they are leather ?
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by anmeno View Post
    You can order original ear cushion set from Bose her
    https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...shion-kit.html

There is also many non-original, this is one example https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075MVY9CR...9-b521805f7331
    Here is a video on how to replacing the ear cushions

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I have the Bose quiet comfort 35 and they really are superb. Very comfortable and total noise cancellation. Battery life for the wireless is excellent. I have the Beats Studio and the Bose is space age in comparison. Beats is a brandname only and doesn't compare with Bose Quality. Well worth the money. Think I spenk about 275 euro.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Votes are in, lash out on the QC35 and then give those that have not got them an independent report.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Sound to me my cheap Charlie $200AUD budget isnt going to do it. Starting to think I wish I never posted this now....55

Thanks guys will check out the Bose ones.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Sound to me my cheap Charlie $200AUD budget isnt going to do it. Starting to think I wish I never posted this now....55

Thanks guys will check out the Bose ones.
    there is a Bose QC 35 II out now , not much difference to the ones recommended on this thread , the originals will have come down in price
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    there is a Bose QC 35 II out now , not much difference to the ones recommended on this thread , the originals will have come down in price
    That one is $450 ish.

The 25 is $240 ish.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Can anyone recommend any in ear alternatives to the Apple air pods? Functionally I love them. But I think the sound quality isn't improved over the wired ones and for the money that isn't good enough.

I've seen some generic non big brand Chinese ones for sale on amazon which I might try out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast