• 2 Post By Bacon
  • 2 Post By RakThai
  • 2 Post By Cippy
  • 1 Post By RakThai
  • 2 Post By obes

Thread: Any Gas Fitters in here?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar

Any Gas Fitters in here?

Any Gas fitters in here? I want to convert a Natural Gas Stove to LPG. Worth the effort? Any safety concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    Any Gas fitters in here? I want to convert a Natural Gas Stove to LPG. Worth the effort? Any safety concerns?
    Jack of all trades, not a gas fitter. You'll have to change the burners jets as the 2 gases burn differently.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    Yep, not a gas fitter but have converted a few - as Kap says, get the right sized jets and no problems.

Understand the jet size, also adjust the regulator, seems an easy job, wondering why my plumber thinks its a 2 hour job when I think I would knock it over in 30 minutes, with 20 minutes of that trying to find tools.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    For the same reason the electrician thinks changing a fuse is a 30 minute job rather than the 12 seconds it would take an honest man to do.
    bacwaan and obes like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    Understand the jet size, also adjust the regulator, seems an easy job, wondering why my plumber thinks its a 2 hour job when I think I would knock it over in 30 minutes, with 20 minutes of that trying to find tools.
    An hour to drive to your place and an hour to drive back!
    See, he works for free.. Crazy Patong traffic.. 555
    Quarky and kaptainrob like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    555, funny, but . . .

When I used to move furniture, people complained about that all the time. "I don't get paid to drive to work." I would say, "I don't either! The shop is not at my house, I had to drive there, pick up this truck and drive to your place, when I am done, I will have to clean the thing too, fold blankets, sweep all the crap that fell out of your disgusting couch so people get to transport their shit in a clean truck tomorrow, all because I moved your shit, but that should be free too? Should the drive between your old house an new house be free? Because I am not working, only driving. I guess truckers should only get paid to load and unload their trucks and not the three days it took to get there." 555

If someone's time driving to and from jobs is not worth getting paid, nobody could make a living giving their time away.
    OZZYGUY and Cobba like this.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    555, funny, but . . .

When I used to move furniture, people complained about that all the time. "I don't get paid to drive to work." I would say, "I don't either! The shop is not at my house, I had to drive there, pick up this truck and drive to your place, when I am done, I will have to clean the thing too, fold blankets, sweep all the crap that fell out of your disgusting couch so people get to transport their shit in a clean truck tomorrow, all because I moved your shit, but that should be free too? Should the drive between your old house an new house be free? Because I am not working, only driving. I guess truckers should only get paid to load and unload their trucks and not the three days it took to get there." 555

If someone's time driving to and from jobs is not worth getting paid, nobody could make a living giving their time away.
    Sometimes I feel a bit embarrassed to drive somewhere at a doctor's rate..
    In an hours drive I make more money from driving than a taxi driver in a full day plus overtime...

Not to embarrassed though, if they wouldn't pay my driving time, I wouldn't come... 555

Sometimes I feel a bit embarrassed to drive somewhere at a doctor's rate..
    In an hours drive I make more money from driving than a taxi driver in a full day plus overtime...

Not to embarrassed though, if they wouldn't pay my driving time, I wouldn't come... 555
    Yeah, so, two and half hours of your time and you get paid for 1/2 hour? Why bother when you can stay home and get paid for all your time? I spent 6 hours driving today, but I only got paid for 2. 555
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Yeah, so, two and half hours of your time and you get paid for 1/2 hour? Why bother when you can stay home and get paid for all your time? I spent 6 hours driving today, but I only got paid for 2. 555
    Just my snowflake heart feeling it is crazy the way the world works...
    I know I studied a long time, and do work that carries responsibility and requires certain skills.. So yes, I fully agree that my work should pay more than the work of a taxi driver..
    But how much more? 10%? 50%? 100%? 1000%? Truth be told, it's in the last category and often I ask myself why?

Is one hour of my time really worth 10 hours of another worker's time?
    When I work work (doing my own thing) and see how much money simple advise can safe a company, I think "hell yes, I am underpaid rather than overpaid.."
    Which is true at the top of my game, in one hour I can safe a company 10's of thousands of euro's.

But when driving? Should a doctor make ten times what a professional driver like a taxi driver makes??
    That feels like I should be sitting in the back of a taxi with a laptop and a phone and leave the driving to someone else..
    Truth be told, the top of my game is not available all day, it requires a level of concentration I can only keep up for a few hours at the time..

But when my children tell me proudly that they found a job and now making their own money at 3 or 4 euro's an hour, yeah, I feel embarrassed!

Of course over here we have a tax system that will help you get rid of the embarrassment easily..
    It's like the first hour I work, I get to keep,
    The second hour, the tax office takes 10 %,
    The third hour, they take 20%,
    etc., until 60%

So in the end it's more community work than work for your own income! 555

Au cointreau, this is Brisbane traffic, and his time estimate did not include travel time. That would be on top.

Just my snowflake heart feeling it is crazy the way the world works...
    I know I studied a long time, and do work that carries responsibility and requires certain skills.. So yes, I fully agree that my work should pay more than the work of a taxi driver..
    But how much more? 10%? 50%? 100%? 1000%? Truth be told, it's in the last category and often I ask myself why?

Is one hour of my time really worth 10 hours of another worker's time?
    When I work work (doing my own thing) and see how much money simple advise can safe a company, I think "hell yes, I am underpaid rather than overpaid.."
    Which is true at the top of my game, in one hour I can safe a company 10's of thousands of euro's.

But when driving? Should a doctor make ten times what a professional driver like a taxi driver makes??
    That feels like I should be sitting in the back of a taxi with a laptop and a phone and leave the driving to someone else..
    Truth be told, the top of my game is not available all day, it requires a level of concentration I can only keep up for a few hours at the time..

But when my children tell me proudly that they found a job and now making their own money at 3 or 4 euro's an hour, yeah, I feel embarrassed!

Of course over here we have a tax system that will help you get rid of the embarrassment easily..
    etc., until 60%

So in the end it's more community work than work for your own income! 555
    Yeah, not so sure our two situations correlate. I was a young man making $13/hr.

etc., until 60%
    Cannot really complain about paying tax. It is the system a country uses to keep the majority of it's citizens roughly in the same financial zone. At the end of the day a pack of Tim Tam biscuits or a slightly different ride.

Quote Originally Posted by retdent View Post
    Can really complain about paying tax. It is the system a country uses to keep the majority of it's citizens roughly in the same poor financial zone. At the end of the day a pack of Tim Tam biscuits or a slightly different ride.
    Fixed that for you Dave.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by retdent View Post
    Cannot really complain about paying tax. It is the system a country uses to keep the majority of it's citizens roughly in the same financial zone. At the end of the day a pack of Tim Tam biscuits or a slightly different ride.
    When I was young it was clear what we paid taxes for.. Infrastructure, electricity, sewage, roads, social security, army, etc.. All transparent and beneficial to all...

Now, it's not so clear anymore.. pensions and social security have degraded to something not worth being proud off...
    Sewage, electric, garbage, water and sewage have been privatized and you pay separate for..
    Even roads and infrastructure are privatized and you pay road tax and 90% taxes on petrol..

So where is the up to 60% income tax going to..?
    really, I have no clue.. Other than the system taking care of the system, without any function or purpose...
    kaptainrob likes this.

When I was young it was clear what we paid taxes for.. Infrastructure, electricity, sewage, roads, social security, army, etc.. All transparent and beneficial to all...

Now, it's not so clear anymore.. pensions and social security have degraded to something not worth being proud off...
    Sewage, electric, garbage, water and sewage have been privatized and you pay separate for..
    Even roads and infrastructure are privatized and you pay road tax and 90% taxes on petrol..

So where is the up to 60% income tax going to..?
    really, I have no clue.. Other than the system taking care of the system, without any function or purpose...
    It is becoming a convoluted mess... do you also have council tax or something equivalent?

I found this.. not sure if it helps...

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน obes's Avatar
    And all this has what to do with converting a stove to LPG - my what a tangled web we weave 555
    Quarky and kaptainrob like this.