Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Millennials in the Workplace & relationships

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Millennials in the Workplace & relationships

Was your wife born after 1984 ? This may explain a few things……….5555

Interesting video and he has some good points.

Minder, Dupree and Stillearly like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I love this Generational analysis. I have a thread that's on this same vein. I'm going to copy this video to it.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    might have been posted before

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Because of my job, I get kids contacting me all the time looking for a job or just advice

I think these kids now are way more prepared for work out of university than our generation was

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Because of my job, I get kids contacting me all the time looking for a job or just advice

I think these kids now are way more prepared for work out of university than our generation was
    Academically sure. But how do you know emotionally. Which is the point.

tbh the millennials I worked with in my last couple of years were really good , much more driven and ambitious than I ever was , they didnt even go to the pub at lunchtime ... I suppose the fact they had to go through several interviews and appitude tests, before getting the roles, sorted out the wheat from the chaff
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    tbh the millennials I worked with in my last couple of years were really good , much more driven and ambitious than I ever was , they didnt even go to the pub at lunchtime ... I suppose the fact they had to go through several interviews and appitude tests, before getting the roles, sorted out the wheat from the chaff
    But socially inadequate? My friends wife has a son from a previous marriage. When the kid was a young teenager he a few friends over for a sleepover. My friend thought it was pretty quiet in the room for teenage boys. So he popped in to say hello. They were all on their laptops chatting to each other in a chat room...555
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    But socially inadequate? My friends wife has a son from a previous marriage. When the kid was a young teenager he a few friends over for a sleepover. My friend thought it was pretty quiet in the room for teenage boys. So he popped in to say hello. They were all on their laptops chatting to each other in a chat room...555
    No these guys were pretty gregarious ,not geeky at all , also I haven't really come accross any of the entitled types in the clips , maybe more of a US thing , although I'm sure we will catch up eventually ..

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    No these guys were pretty gregarious ,not geeky at all , also I haven't really come accross any of the entitled types in the clips , maybe more of a US thing , although I'm sure we will catch up eventually ..
    A true Millennial is about 35 years old now. The next Generation is born around 1995. Which makes them 20 something now. They are on another level of social inadequacy.

A true Millennial is about 35 years old now. The next Generation is born around 1995. Which makes them 20 something now. They are on another level of social inadequacy.
    It's all folklore............

I am around a ton of young kids from mid 20's to teenagers with my nephews and stepson

They are all as social as any of us, and way smarter than we were
    My stepson gets stuck in his phone but is as personable as anyone when engaged..........

It's all folklore............

I am around a ton of young kids from mid 20's to teenagers with my nephews and stepson

They are all as social as any of us, and way smarter than we were
    My stepson gets stuck in his phone but is as personable as anyone when engaged..........
    It's not ALL folklore. Boston kids are probably the least affected by it because the town in some ways is still living in 50s. Your family seems a couple decades behind the real world from the stories you tell of how stupid they are and how poor you were.

It's not ALL folklore. Boston kids are probably the least affected by it because the town in some ways is still living in 50s. Your family seems a couple decades behind the real world from the stories you tell of how stupid they are and how poor you were.
    Huh?

My sister and her husband are lawyers and he was one of the top cops in the US, her husband has retired from 2 jobs with pensions totaling close to 400k/yr
    Their sons grew up in one of the nicest towns in Massachusetts and attending private schools
    They are the every day millennial

My nephew is being recruited by Harvard and Yale for hockey...............oh, on the side he just has been working at his family's engineering firm doing deals with Mosanto and Gordon's Fisherman as a 19yr old

All my best friend's kids in NYC and Boston are incredibly smart, incredibly engaging kids

Don't follow the sheep and just blurt out shit................

Huh?

My sister and her husband are lawyers and he was one of the top cops in the US, her husband has retired from 2 jobs with pensions totaling close to 400k/yr
    Their sons grew up in one of the nicest towns in Massachusetts and attending private schools
    They are the every day millennial

My nephew is being recruited by Harvard and Yale for hockey...............oh, on the side he just has been working at his family's engineering firm doing deals with Mosanto and Gordon's Fisherman as a 19yr old

All my best friend's kids in NYC and Boston are incredibly smart, incredibly engaging kids

Don't follow the sheep and just blurt out shit................
    Huh? You're always telling us how ignorant your family is and have to get away from them. There are millions of children in the US. To say that all these professional observations are folklore based on your subset is ignorant. No offence..55

Huh? You're always telling us how ignorant your family is and have to get away from them. There are millions of children in the US. To say that all these professional observations are folklore based on your subset is ignorant. No offence..55
    Do you spend a lot of time with kids in these age groups?

I work with guys in their 30's and hang around with them socially
    I have 9 nephews mid 20's to 20yrs old
    My stepson is 17yrs old

My best friends kids are 14-17yrs old

So the 30's are on the West Coast, the others are on the East Coast
    I rarely see the negatives spoken of

The one negatives I see from my one nephew and his gf, which I do think is common is they think they should move into a brand new apartment with all the amenities
    Wheras we lived in crap places

And I don't think the negatives come from social media, I think they come from parenting...........every parent treats their kids like they are prince and princesses
    Stillearly likes this.

Do you spend a lot of time with kids in these age groups?

I work with guys in their 30's and hang around with them socially
    I have 9 nephews mid 20's to 20yrs old
    My stepson is 17yrs old

My best friends kids are 14-17yrs old

So the 30's are on the West Coast, the others are on the East Coast
    I rarely see the negatives spoken of

The one negatives I see from my one nephew and his gf, which I do think is common is they think they should move into a brand new apartment with all the amenities
    Wheras we lived in crap places

And I don't think the negatives come from social media, I think they come from parenting...........every parent treats their kids like they are prince and princesses
    Then you agree with the video's point. It's the parents for starters. Social media is the heroin. Watch the video again.

Then you agree with the video's point. It's the parents for starters. Social media is the heroin. Watch the video again.
    It is the parents, and in most cases that’s us lot.

Social media and video games are the root of all evil. Watch the video again.

Look around, look at people on the train, waiting for an appointment, out for dinner, In a meeting, everyone is on the phone. I should this movie to my wife because I think she is addicted to her phone, she just looked at me and said "do I do that"

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    It is the parents, and in most cases that’s us lot.

Social media and video games are the root of all evil. Watch the video again.

Look around, look at people on the train, waiting for an appointment, out for dinner, In a meeting, everyone is on the phone. I should this movie to my wife because I think she is addicted to her phone, she just looked at me and said "do I do that"
    Sure people/kids are on their phone

But when it comes time to socialize and engage they are more than capable to do so

It's absurd to suggest otherwise and that's what a lot of people do suggest

And I've long said Asian girls are the absolute worst
    I had to make a "no phones" rule this holiday
    At breakfast.....no phones

And I've long said Asian girls are the absolute worst
    I had to make a "no phones" rule this holiday
    At breakfast.....no phones
    We are doing new house rules now for my son and wife.........55

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    We are doing new house rules now for my son and wife.........55
    Oh by the way
    Maybe I need a rule for Dupree!

He is one of the worst offenders I know with his phone!!! 5555
    He is using his phone when we are out way more than any of my 20-something nephews

I can't believe I've been arguing with that mutt for half a day and forgot about that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast