Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: World's friendliest countries

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

World's friendliest countries

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Lots of Asian countries,

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    ^ A few Latin countries in there too. What most have in common is poverty. Proof that money turns people into assholes 55.
    Quarky, PeteGill and Ian Forbes like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Australia didn’t even get a mention, I thought us lot were a friendly bunch....55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    We dont have to be friendly , every man and his Dog is coming here to live weather were nice or not .
    OZZYGUY likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Australia didn’t even get a mention, I thought us lot were a friendly bunch....55
    It stopped being friendly after the last convict ship arrived 55555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    They didn't mention New Zealand, either. Once I got away from the few big cities, the Kiwis were some of the friendliest people I've ever met.

I just gave it a quick flick through to see who they picked, and I was surprised by a few. The person, or persons who wrote that must have traveled with some protected tour group.

Ireland followed by Canada for me. Romania shouldn't be anywhere near that list... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

These lists are always highly subjective and personal. 55 @ Uganda and UAE. Like feck

All my mates who've visited the US tell me most people are super friendly over there. I've heard similar reports from others so I believe that. I'd also put Singapore on that list. Have also heard the same about Japan.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    What about Nigeria.?? with all those nice people giving their money away 55
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    These lists are always highly subjective and personal. 55 @ Uganda and UAE. Like feck
    Can't speak for UAE, but the few Ugandans I have met over the years are really friendly and approachable people. It is difficult to set a criteria for something like this, just how do you measure friendliness?
    Is it about the state of the country or the fact that the locals will generally welcome you in to their own homes and share whatever they may have with you?

I think that most us Westerner's are too guarded and suspicious to be openly friendly, other than a wave or a greeting. If that is the criteria then we are where we should be on that list... Nowhere 55555

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    What about Nigeria.?? with all those nice people giving their money away 55
    Not even other Africans like Nigerians. Followed closely by Somalis.
    Moo Uaon and Ian Forbes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Not even other Africans like Nigerians. Followed closely by Somalis.
    And Sudanese.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Always going to be a strange list given that it samples people that have chosen to make the relevant country their home. If you are on-the-run, then any country without an extradition treaty would be friendly! You would need to be a religion chameleon to find some of those countries friendly, or more likely just be aligned with their religion (Myanmar) or one of the "official" religions (Indonesia).
    PeteGill and Ian Forbes like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

I think you would need to get a black (and half white), paraplegic, blind, deaf (and mute) transgender person to visit all those countries and decide...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I think you would need to get a black (and half white), paraplegic, blind, deaf (and mute) transgender person to visit all those countries and decide...
    So you volunteering then 55555
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    In my opinion there are no friendly Countries, it is the people on an individual basis that define friendly.
    Countries, per se are governed by clowns that exude a feeling of friendliness but are a law unto themselves and each and every government has their own interests at heart,
    Australians, bless em, are very open but if you cross us, beware. You can soon get your arse kicked. Too bad the good- natured citizens are forced to vote for fukcwits.
    Minder, Ian Forbes and supersub like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    In my opinion there are no friendly Countries, it is the people on an individual basis that define friendly.
    Countries, per se are governed by clowns that exude a feeling of friendliness but are a law unto themselves and each and every government has their own interests at heart,
    Australians, bless em, are very open but if you cross us, beware. You can soon get your arse kicked. Too bad the good- natured citizens are forced to vote for fukcwits.
    I agree with this.

Might be going off topic but... we all share a common interest in in Thailand and Thailand is listed in the link above. Despite that, I realized after a few trips that a lot of that friendliness is just on the surface, and deep down there is a lot of resentment for westerners. Spend a bit of time on thai social media and you'll see they can be very violent when crossed.

It's all relative tbh.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Like Supersub, I would agree with that. And, for that very reason I gradually turned more and more into an anarchist. Our laws and rules, as they are implemented, favour a select group of people. We all basically know right from wrong, but when you can legally bribe politicians to keep them in power, so that you can "bend" the laws and rules, then something is wrong.

As a young boy (1950) on a trip across the USA to Chicago, I remember how friendly and helpful the American people were to us poor Canadians hauling a big sailboat to Chicago so my father could race it in Lake Michigan. The American friendliness at the yacht club in Chicago contrasted vividly with the stuffy old pricks at the yacht club in Toronto, Canada.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I agree with this.

Might be going off topic but... we all share a common interest in in Thailand and Thailand is listed in the link above. Despite that, I realized after a few trips that a lot of that friendliness is just on the surface, and deep down there is a lot of resentment for westerners. Spend a bit of time on thai social media and you'll see they can be very violent when crossed.

It's all relative tbh.
    A couple things on that
    I think in a lot of tourist areas Thais can be real assholes

I've had more nasty service in Thailand than anywhere else, by a country mile

But I've also had better interactions with Thais than I have had anywhere else

A lot of highs and lows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast