Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Can you be too nice?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Can you be too nice?

Last night I come home at 10pm and there are some workers making huge noise throwing debris from an office that is being renovated.
    I mean it was extremely loud

The bylaws are you can't make any noise from private construction after 8pm

So I went down and told them they need to stop and the bylaws state they can't be doing construction past 8pm and they stopped after I told them I'd call the cops

The thing is, this happens all the time in Vancouver

So if you think about it, all these nice Canadians that won't ever say anything in turn create this community of assholes that don't care about others

And it happens all the time, where people take advantage because they know no one will confront them

If I were running that job I would never think of making that noise after 8pm in consideration of people that have lives
    But maybe I wouldn't do it because I know back in "rude" NYC/Boston I would be confronted
    kaptainrob likes this.

My neighbours play music loudly sometimes way past midnight. Myself and other neighbours have politely asked them to turn it down... no luck. Told us to fuck off... Tried the council.. who sent them letters... which they ignored... tried the police... who said they don't deal with loud noise... have to go via the council...

So.. back to the council who told us the next step is to take them to court privately... what a palava... meanwhile.. no sleep when they fancy a party...
    I think they might be drug dealers as they don't seem to go to work, drive Range Rovers... and seem to have lots of women around... maybe I should try and join in.. 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    ^ work creates noise, can't be helped..

Office buildings have office hours, so prefer to have the noise outside of office hours,
    residential buildings just the other way around..

Big issue in residential / office area's, no-win situation for construction companies...

I live in a little village, semi detached, or rather half of an old farmhouse..
    The agricultural mechanization company moving his business to ground work for large construction and road building used to be the greatest problem.
    But the last 5 years I have a new neighbor, DIY kind of guy, who keeps on doing the odd task, all involving knocking on my walls..!

He works as a KLM purser, so if off for days or weeks, but when he is off for a few days, the knocking on my walls always continues..
    Not non-stop for a week, and not after his family comes home.. but intermittent, one hour of hammering before going to walk the dogs, one hour before lunch and one hour in the afternoon...
    But for me, working from home, many times I feel forced to stop work (cannot concentrate and cannot make calls)..

Yet it is daytime, so I have no right to say anything at all?
    Quarky and sidvicious like this.

Rak... I'll kill your neighbour.. if you kill mine... 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post

Office buildings have office hours, so prefer to have the noise outside of office hours,

Big issue in residential / office area's, no-win situation for construction companies...

The agricultural mechanization company moving his business to ground work for large construction and road building used to be the greatest problem.
    But the last 5 years I have a new neighbor, DIY kind of guy, who keeps on doing the odd task, all involving knocking on my walls..!

He works as a KLM purser, so if off for days or weeks, but when he is off for a few days, the knocking on my walls always continues..
    Not non-stop for a week, and not after his family comes home.. but intermittent, one hour of hammering before going to walk the dogs, one hour before lunch and one hour in the afternoon...
    But for me, working from home, many times I feel forced to stop work (cannot concentrate and cannot make calls)..

If it's within the proper hours, I don't have any qualms, it sucks but nothing you can do about it

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    If it's within the proper hours, I don't have any qualms, it sucks but nothing you can do about it
    He's at it now (7.30 pm).. I choose The wall to protect myself.. He'll be probably knocking my door asking if I can put the music down in 30 minutes.. 555

'All in all it's just another brick in the wall!"
    justcruzing1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    probably will be racist, so I'll pass.. 55
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Last night I come home at 10pm and there are some workers making huge noise throwing debris from an office that is being renovated.
    I mean it was extremely loud

The bylaws are you can't make any noise from private construction after 8pm

So I went down and told them they need to stop and the bylaws state they can't be doing construction past 8pm and they stopped after I told them I'd call the cops

The thing is, this happens all the time in Vancouver

So if you think about it, all these nice Canadians that won't ever say anything in turn create this community of assholes that don't care about others

And it happens all the time, where people take advantage because they know no one will confront them

If I were running that job I would never think of making that noise after 8pm in consideration of people that have lives
    But maybe I wouldn't do it because I know back in "rude" NYC/Boston I would be confronted
    You are being too nice. Just call the cops every time. If nothing changes let Quincy use their area as a toilet..55
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post

He sounds like my neighbour. Mine is retired and always have something to do. He has to work every day doing something or the other, 6 days a week.
    Should actually ask him to do stuff i should have done years ago 555.
    PeteGill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    You are being too nice. Just call the cops every time. If nothing changes let Quincy use their area as a toilet..55
    I prefer to go down and yell at them

Also, one thing I hate is when I call them cops(I do a lot) they always ask me crazy info like my birthdate
    Then I end up arguing with them

WTF do they need my birthdate to make some meth head stop shitting in our courtyard?

Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    He sounds like my neighbour. Mine is retired and always have something to do. He has to work every day doing something or the other, 6 days a week.
    Should actually ask him to do stuff i should have done years ago 555.
    Good idea! When you employ somebody, you can control their hours, right? 55
    Quarky and sidvicious like this.

I prefer to go down and yell at them

Also, one thing I hate is when I call them cops(I do a lot) they always ask me crazy info like my birthdate
    Then I end up arguing with them

WTF do they need my birthdate to make some meth head stop shitting in our courtyard?
    That would piss me off too. Get a gun...555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Just hire me. I'll be a professional about it and kill BOTH of yours. 555

I'm too "Canadian" and try to be nice and considerate to others... until they make it plain they don't give a shit about me or others... then I retaliate quietly.

That would piss me off too. Get a gun...555
    And don't be polite by shooting with a silencer...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Just hire me. I'll be a professional about it and kill BOTH of yours. 555

I'm too "Canadian" and try to be nice and considerate to others... until they make it plain they don't give a shit about me or others... then I retaliate quietly.
    Actually you'd be perfect... I mean, they'd never connect you to the crime... in and out of the country before anyone knew they were dead...

Just thought.. what if they are replaced by noisier neighbours... 55

Actually you'd be perfect... I mean, they'd never connect you to the crime... in and out of the country before anyone knew they were dead...
    Especially when I do my bent old man doddering walk impression. The Thai girls all laugh when I do that. 555

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Especially when I do my bent old man doddering walk impression. The Thai girls all laugh when I do that. 555
    Actually, if you could just remove their ears... that might be better... 55

And scratch all their LPs...5555
    Quarky likes this.

That is actually a good plan when there are a lot of them. In the Second World War there were a few Sikhs who would silently sneak into a German camp and kill all but one of the Germans with a knife. The Sikh would cut off the ears of the dead ones and leave them on the bed of the one left alive. It showed it was intentional and scared the shit out of the other Germans who heard about it.

And scratch all their LPs...5555
    It's not the 70s here... I don't live in NZ any more... 55

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast