The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: "Merry Chirstmas" thoughts

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    As for happy whatevers do and say what you feel.
    Commercial or religious everyone has an angle.. should just be about being with the ones you love and thinking about the ones you cant be with.
    PeteGill likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I am in the same camp as Bacy and M26, I assess the person I am addressing and Taylor my greeting.

I do include the word "Safe" into it so....Have a Safe and Happy Festive season...

I and my family don't give presents, many years ago when I was living in Perth, I had the option of sending them all presents and not coming home or we go no presents and I use the money for the air fair...They opted for me to come home and we have continued it as they finally realized how much they were spending on things that weren't necessary.

My sister in Sydney used to work a 3rd job for 2 months to cover the cost of the presents to her husbands family. He is one of 10 and has 11 niece & nephews, they have all got at least 3 kids, my sister has 6.

last Tuesday (Christmas Day) they were 63 of them for lunch.

They now do a "Secret Santa" buy one present for one of the mob with a max $30 and everyone is happy.

I don't see Christmas or Easter going away, everyone wants the holidays and the retailers want the $$$$$$

If anything was to drop off, it would be Fathers Day, Mothers Day and Valentines Day.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

One of our Tai-yai workers took great delight in showing me a 'Merry Xmas' video on his phone when he arrived for work on 25th. Devout buddhists from the hills west of Fang they understand the meaning of Xmas and enjoy the video carols. Nicer hard working people would be difficult to find.

bacwaan, Ian Forbes and obes like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I prefer to use the Merry Kissmyass and buy them nothing…..555

With gifts its not the amount you spend it’s what you buy, and the thought gone into it.

The best Christmas I have had in a long time was in Cebu two years ago. The whole family spent the day cooking and we then delivered food to all the squatters in the village.

My wife’s family have been doing this for years it has become a bit of a tradition since her grandparents started it when they were alive. I had the pleasure of my daughter and son helping us prepare and deliver the food. Seeing the faces on my kids helping these people was priceless and better than any gift.

My kids couldn’t believe how some people live and how appreciative the families were to receive such a small inexpensive gift. Something my kids will never forget.
    Now that sounds like a great Christmas. Seeing the joy on people's faces would be worth all the effort.

I don't celibrate Christmas at all because I'm in Thailand most years, and it's not a big event here... other than in a material way for stores.

I give money to my grandkids (Christmas presnt) before I leave for Thailand and let them spend it as they wish. They have most of the material things they need anyway.

If people want to get in a festive mood around Christmas then go for it. I will respond in kind to any greeting. "Merry Christmas" is just a meaningless saying for 80% of the people who actually celibrate Christmas.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post

I don't celibate Christmas at all because I'm in Thailand
    Is that a spelling mistake or a Freudian slip?
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post
    Is that a spelling mistake or a Freudian slip?

I was VERY careful when I wrote what I did. My dear old father used to get those 2 words mixed up all the time, and we always had a chuckle over it.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I prefer to use the Merry Kissmyass and buy them nothing…..555

With gifts its not the amount you spend it’s what you buy, and the thought gone into it.

The best Christmas I have had in a long time was in Cebu two years ago. The whole family spent the day cooking and we then delivered food to all the squatters in the village.

My wife’s family have been doing this for years it has become a bit of a tradition since her grandparents started it when they were alive. I had the pleasure of my daughter and son helping us prepare and deliver the food. Seeing the faces on my kids helping these people was priceless and better than any gift.

My kids couldn’t believe how some people live and how appreciative the families were to receive such a small inexpensive gift. Something my kids will never forget.
    If I had kids or if I have kids
    Volunteering will be a big part of Xmas

This Xmas I kept on saying how people in Boston spend too much money
    And I got the greatest example to back that up
    My nephews opened all the gifts my sister bought them but the last one was a framed photo of them and their Grandmother who passed away along with rose petals from her casket
    They were both very moved

It allowed me to remind them that the present they got that was the most valuable to them was something made from the heart

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I am in the same camp as Bacy and M26, I assess the person I am addressing and Taylor my greeting.

I do include the word "Safe" into it so....Have a Safe and Happy Festive season...

I and my family don't give presents, many years ago when I was living in Perth, I had the option of sending them all presents and not coming home or we go no presents and I use the money for the air fair...They opted for me to come home and we have continued it as they finally realized how much they were spending on things that weren't necessary.

My sister in Sydney used to work a 3rd job for 2 months to cover the cost of the presents to her husbands family. He is one of 10 and has 11 niece & nephews, they have all got at least 3 kids, my sister has 6.

last Tuesday (Christmas Day) they were 63 of them for lunch.

They now do a "Secret Santa" buy one present for one of the mob with a max $30 and everyone is happy.

I don't see Christmas or Easter going away, everyone wants the holidays and the retailers want the $$$$$$

If anything was to drop off, it would be Fathers Day, Mothers Day and Valentines Day.
    We only buy for the "kids" who aren't kids anymore

I buy all of them the same thing
    This year was a nice golf polo that cost me about 22usd each

I tell them their Xmas gifts are open ended invites to Vancouver or any trip they want to meet me on

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    the last one was a framed photo of them and their Grandmother who passed away along with rose petals from her casket
    They were both very moved

It allowed me to remind them that the present they got that was the most valuable to them was something made from the heart

As I said "With gifts its not the amount you spend it’s what you buy, and the thought gone into it".

I can be totally honest and say I never really thought that way in the past.

Its my wife, and spending time in 3rd world countries that have tort me and I feel I’m a better person for it.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    A good trick is buying family presents. Instead of spending on individuals buy something for all of them. They like camping? Great. Get them a big tent. Done.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

As I said "With gifts its not the amount you spend it’s what you buy, and the thought gone into it".

I can be totally honest and say I never really thought that way in the past.

Its my wife, and spending time in 3rd world countries that have tort me and I feel I’m a better person for it.
    Plenty of needy people in our backyard also......

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Plenty of needy people in our backyard also......
    True, but most have a different attitude. brings me to a not so good situation.

I needed a hand lifting some stuff out of my ute.

Stopped at the homeless hang out in front of the grocery store. Asked the guy begging for money.

Hey, you want to make $50 for about a hours work?

Fuck off I make more money begging in this place.... C0ck head. Last time I try help that dude.
    Tingtong likes this.

True, but most have a different attitude. brings me to a not so good situation.

I needed a hand lifting some stuff out of my ute.

Stopped at the homeless hang out in front of the grocery store. Asked the guy begging for money.

Hey, you want to make $50 for about a hours work?

Fuck off I make more money begging in this place.... C0ck head. Last time I try help that dude.
    That's homeless on the street
    I don't give to them unless I really know they need it and appreciate it

But believe me, you won't be getting any attitides when feeding or giving gifts to a mom and her kids in a shelter
    Or an older person with no family
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Not really. Was taught it at school but I just glazed over... but wouldn't mind knowing a quick summary... 55
    This will give you the old story in a way you won't have seen ... your reply got me to go hunting for it

The Day Christ Died .... part satire, part political thriller, classic black comedy that I really enjoyed when I first saw it back in the early 80's ... the idea that Jesus was framed for a political end ...

Modern language and classic non - PC lines like " But what if he (Jesus) is innocent? " "(Scoffs) He's a JEW!"

Quarky likes this.
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    This will give you the old story in a way you won't have seen ... your reply got me to go hunting for it

The Day Christ Died .... part satire, part political thriller, classic black comedy that I really enjoyed when I first saw it back in the early 80's ... the idea that Jesus was framed for a political end ...

Modern language and classic non - PC lines like " But what if he (Jesus) is innocent? " "(Scoffs) He's a JEW!"

Bit long though... 42 mins.. and that's only Part 1 of 4... 55

So in a nutshell... why was he arrested again? Even Google aint helping me on this one... seems to be a hundred different versions and none say "why".. 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Bit long though... 42 mins.. and that's only Part 1 of 4... 55

So in a nutshell... why was he arrested again? Even Google aint helping me on this one... seems to be a hundred different versions and none say "why".. 55
    You are probably better off watching 'The life of Brian' 555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    You are probably better off watching 'The life of Brian' 555
    Seen it many times. Still doesn't help... 55
    PeteGill likes this.

Seen it many times. Still doesn't help... 55
    Perhaps but it is also a work of fiction 555
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Perhaps but it is also a work of fiction 555
    Jesus or Brian? ..55

Jesus or Brian? ..55
    No doubt that Jesus existed, but given that most of what was writen about him was done so long after his death (and some say rebirth, though I highly doubt that)mostly fiction based on hand me down stories. So both.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast