The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: "Merry Chirstmas" thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    No doubt that Jesus existed, but given that most of what was writen about him was done so long after his death (and some say rebirth, though I highly doubt that)mostly fiction based on hand me down stories. So both.
    So.. do you know why he was arrested? What was the charge? (Whether true or not).
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    So.. do you know why he was arrested? What was the charge? (Whether true or not).
    Impersonating the son of God 555
    In those times you could be arrested for just about anything, and being stoned was not half the fun it is today.
    Ian Forbes and Buksida like this.

In those times you could be arrested for just about anything, and being stoned was not half the fun it is today.
    Is that what it was? Did he ever claim to be the son of God? Or was it his followers that announced he was the Messiah... and hence the Jewish authorities thought him a very naughty boy? Even though it was hearsay?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    PeteGill, Dupree and OZZYGUY like this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Is that what it was? Did he ever claim to be the son of God? Or was it his followers that announced he was the Messiah... and hence the Jewish authorities thought him a very naughty boy? Even though it was hearsay?
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Those in charge will do anything to to stop anyone that "slightly" threatens their power. That includes anything up to leagalized murder. It's always been that way and it's not likely to change.
    Last edited by Ian Forbes; 27th December 2018 at 19:51.

So tried for claiming to be son of God and also King of the Jews. Though he claimed neither himself. This sounds like a cold case that needs to be re-tried with a possible pardon, now, do we have a body?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    Ian Forbes and Buksida like this.

Platinum
    Only found out yesterday that Santa Claus was jesus’s Brother and when the sh1t began to go down he decided to get out of dodge and went to the North Pole where he started hanging out with a group of midgets. Anyway to remember his Bro he goes out every year and gives presents to everyone that isn’t a Jew on, you guessed it, Jesus’s birthday.

*courtesy of Bert Kreischer https://www.netflix.com/ie/title/80238360
    Tingtong likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I couldn't find where else to put this......cracked me up!!

Ian Forbes likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

By the way... do most people have this week "off" around the world? I had Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day off... so three days off... but most other offices in my building are still closed...

Are most people off work till next week around the world?

By the way... do most people have this week "off" around the world? I had Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day off... so three days off... but most other offices in my building are still closed...

Around here (SA) this time of the year coincides with 'builders holiday' and a lot of other businesses involved in either manufacturing or supplying close as well. Even though I am at work right now (Took off from the 24th till the 2nd Jan) most of the suppliers and vendors that I deal with are either on skeleton staff or closed. mostly re-opening on the 7th. So not a lot to do right now aside from play games, send off the odd e-mail and chat to the few people who are in the office.

I am happy that I am not forced to take leave over the Xmas, New Year period as everything is so busy around here being a holiday destination. Much rather do my normal mid Feb to mid March leave.

Anyway two years or perhaps even less and I will be on leave all year round 55555
    Quarky likes this.

Two years till retirement? I guess your month long holidays to LOS might be more like Forbes' trips.. all winter?

I like working this time of year.... the roads are quiet and the office is less stressed... with a relaxed atmosphere... but the toilets did run out of toilet paper.. cause the cleaners are still on holiday... 55

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

Here in Aust. the building industry closes for 3-4 weeks. You can't get tradesmen or supplies and from a sales point, people are too busy with Christmas, family visitors, or on holidays with their kids.

Previous companies i worked with forced me to take 3 weeks off and I hated it, I don't have kids on school holidays and the crowds and prices of any holidays turns me right off. it left me with 1 week in the middle of the year...not great.

This year i took 1 day out of my leave (24th) so had 24, 25, 26th then my weekend was 27 & 28th went back for 3 days then had 3 more days off. i am back to normal routine tomorrow.
    Quarky and PeteGill like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Here in Aust. the building industry closes for 3-4 weeks. You can't get tradesmen or supplies and from a sales point, people are too busy with Christmas, family visitors, or on holidays with their kids.

Previous companies i worked with forced me to take 3 weeks off and I hated it, I don't have kids on school holidays and the crowds and prices of any holidays turns me right off. it left me with 1 week in the middle of the year...not great.

This year i took 1 day out of my leave (24th) so had 24, 25, 26th then my weekend was 27 & 28th went back for 3 days then had 3 more days off. i am back to normal routine tomorrow.
    I needed a plumber on Christmas Day as my boiler just stopped... so no heating (and it was a cold day). Luckily I have a friendly plumber who lives nearby and knows about my elderly parents.... and he popped around and fixed the boiler quickly... all before mid day... before going home to open his presents. Didn't even charge me! Did take about 6 mince pies though!
    justcruzing1 and Stillearly like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I needed a plumber on Christmas Day as my boiler just stopped... so no heating (and it was a cold day). Luckily I have a friendly plumber who lives nearby and knows about my elderly parents.... and he popped around and fixed the boiler quickly... all before mid day... before going home to open his presents. Didn't even charge me! Did take about 6 mince pies though!
    Isn't there a thread in here somewhere about why you shouldn't do freebies for your friends...555

Sounds like a good bloke your plumber...

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Isn't there a thread in here somewhere about why you shouldn't do freebies for your friends...555

Sounds like a good bloke your plumber...
    He's playing the long game. Bastard 55

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    bacwaan, Ian Forbes and Stillearly like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

A lot of the lunch places around work have been closed since Xmas and not open yet
    And I'd say they are all owned by Asians

I guess, just like in Asia, they take this time off

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    A lot of the lunch places around work have been closed since Xmas and not open yet
    And I'd say they are all owned by Asians

I guess, just like in Asia, they take this time off
    Only other office open in our building is a Turkish Plastic Surgeons...

I just enjoy driving around the city at peak hour and it feeling like a Sunday... nice.. 55

Only other office open in our building is a Turkish Plastic Surgeons...

I just enjoy driving around the city at peak hour and it feeling like a Sunday... nice.. 55
    Traffic here is fine going in to work, I leave a lot later ATM. Same on the way home. Just stay away from the roads leading to the beaches, big shopping malls or other touristy places. They are an absolute nightmare.
    As mentioned before, I live close enough to the beach to make it a less than 15 minute walk down. On New Years day I took a long walk down to the beach and along the beachfront, cars backed up and no parking to be found. I enjoyed my stroll but would have been extremely frustrated if I had been one of those driving there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast