Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Hua hin/Pattaya for Songkran

Hua hin/Pattaya for Songkran

Hi guys,

Iíve semi finalised my next trip and will spend a week in Bali, followed by 4 nights in Chiang Mai, 4 nights in Chiang Rai and then fly down to DMK and get a taxi down to Hua Hin. After reading up a bit on here Iíve decided to stay at the Hilton for 4 nights and this falls on Songkran. Im thinking of getting the ferry across for the day to Patts for the party and just coming back to HH and chilling. What day is the biggest over there? I figure if I get up early, get across on the ferry, party the day away and get the last ferry it might be a good mix. Open to all suggestions.

Cheers Pete
    Food fishing and furballs

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Sounds like you plan on being busy. Why not just go to Pattaya and forget Hua Hin? If you stay at a hotel away from the beach strip in Pattaya it's easy enough to chill out and get away from the worst of the noise. Then you can go there at your leisure for the festivities. The ferry rides aren't much fun and they would eat up two full days. If you want a ferry ride then just take the one to Koh Larn Island and chill there for a few hours. The ferries are cheap, take about 45 minutes and run about every hour during the day.

And, why 4 nights at Chiang Rai? I find that city dreadfully boring unless I have a lady with me. It is a city strung along a highway and it's full of traffic lights. If you have your own motorbike then you can get around okay, but I can't think of anything exciting there. Chiang Mai has far more night life of a wider variety.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peteman View Post
    Hi guys,

I’ve semi finalised my next trip and will spend a week in Bali, followed by 4 nights in Chiang Mai, 4 nights in Chiang Rai and then fly down to DMK and get a taxi down to Hua Hin. After reading up a bit on here I’ve decided to stay at the Hilton for 4 nights and this falls on Songkran. Im thinking of getting the ferry across for the day to Patts for the party and just coming back to HH and chilling. What day is the biggest over there? I figure if I get up early, get across on the ferry, party the day away and get the last ferry it might be a good mix. Open to all suggestions.

Cheers Pete

the 19th is the big day in Patts , but you would need to stay a night or two , the ferry arrives in Patts at 15:00 and leaves at 15:45 , so if you went on the 18th and returned on the 20th , you would get the Pattaya Songkran experience ...