Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Never want to hear anyone complain about how much a divorce cost!

  1. #21
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,331
    I was asking an honest question. I don't know either of them from a hole in the wall, but assume from Slammer's post they have lot of money. I had one minute to read the post and make a reply before heading out on a 4 hour ride to the border. I just got back 2 minutes ago. Like I already said, when you have that much money a 100 million is pocket change.

    M26 gave me a fairly succinct reply laced with insults. I would not expect anything less from Paul. Now I know all I need to know about them. They will never be in my circle of friends. Neither will Tiger Woods and what he paid in alimony.

  2. #22
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,185
    ^^^ But your reply was purely based on an assumption.. That she was some sort of gold digger.

    The facts turn out to be quite the opposite. Sometimes perhaps it is best not to just assume?

    Even if you only have a minute to reply before you go on an extended ride in the country.. The forum can wait 55555

    Just as an aside. My sister-in-law would be the big loser if she and my brother slit and their assets were divided down the middle. She has always been the big earner between the two of them. And I know loads of couples in the same boat. This is not the 60's and today professional woman are quite capable of earning more than their husbands.
    Quarky and sidvicious like this.

  3. #23
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    Attachment 16305
    Jerry Hall deserves every penny!

    couldn't agree more...how much would you want to marry, live and have sex with The Creature from the Black Lagoon...shouldn't be too much longer now....55


  4. #24
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,185
    Wow Mick has aged 5555

  5. #25
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,844
    ^ Didn't know Mr Burns' (from The Simpsons) first name was Mick???...555
    PeteGill likes this.

  6. #26
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ Didn't know Mr Burns' (from The Simpsons) first name was Mick???...555
    Well pile the hair on top and she does bare a striking resemblance to Marge these days 555
    bacwaan likes this.

  7. #27
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    M26 is a hothead and Ian knows it 55.
    Anything I said that was wrong?

    I've said it countless times that I love Forbes
    We just don't see eye to eye on a lot of things but in terms of ignorant posts like above(and it was ignorant) I can still point that out less harsh and still make my point

  8. #28
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Anything I said that was wrong?

    I've said it countless times that I love Forbes
    We just don't see eye to eye on a lot of things but in terms of ignorant posts like above(and it was ignorant) I can still point that out less harsh and still make my point
    You're passionate about a lot of things and I don't disagree with you often. But you can always phrase posts better or at least probe the other person's statement a little more before letting loose.

    It's not the argument, it's the delivery. And this is coming from someone who often sees red and has had plenty of off the cuff moments in the past, so I know what it feels like to want to put someone's remark in its place right away. And given your second post, you obviously realised you came on a bit strong 55.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  9. #29
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,331
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    ^^^ But your reply was purely based on an assumption.. That she was some sort of gold digger.

    The facts turn out to be quite the opposite. Sometimes perhaps it is best not to just assume?

    Even if you only have a minute to reply before you go on an extended ride in the country.. The forum can wait 55555

    Just as an aside. My sister-in-law would be the big loser if she and my brother slit and their assets were divided down the middle. She has always been the big earner between the two of them. And I know loads of couples in the same boat. This is not the 60's and today professional woman are quite capable of earning more than their husbands.
    You are as quick to make assumptions as M26...

    I said ... quote
    I wonder what it was that SHE brought to the marriage?

    But, as M26 says... they have so much money they can't even spend it all.
    Nowhere did I say she didn't bring anything to the table. For all I know she could have set him up in business with her own money.

    I've also said many times that many/most women are smarter than men and have their priorities in order. Not very often do you hear of a wealthy women marrying some derelict man and then giving him half her fortune when they divorce.

  10. #30
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    You're passionate about a lot of things and I don't disagree with you often. But you can always phrase posts better or at least probe the other person's statement a little more before letting loose.

    It's not the argument, it's the delivery. And this is coming from someone who often sees red and has had plenty of off the cuff moments in the past, so I know what it feels like to want to put someone's remark in its place right away. And given your second post, you obviously realised you came on a bit strong 55.
    Although I agree with you 100%, I do believe my beliefs on this are also correct, there is ample evidence of it
    BUT........who gives a fcuk, I can get my point across in a better manner and will try and do so...............
    Bacon likes this.

  11. #31
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    You are as quick to make assumptions as M26...

    I said ... quote

    Nowhere did I say she didn't bring anything to the table. For all I know she could have set him up in business with her own money.

    I've also said many times that many/most women are smarter than men and have their priorities in order. Not very often do you hear of a wealthy women marrying some derelict man and then giving him half her fortune when they divorce.
    Please another classic walkback from you, as you often do.........

    Every single person knows what you meant when you wrote SHE, in capitalized letters

    At least stick to your ignorant views instead of blatantly lying about what you initially meant 555


    You've continually have commented on what women bring to a marriage, you then make a comment in the manner that you did and then accuse others of making assumptions when you are called out

  12. #32
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,331
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Please another classic walkback from you, as you often do.........

    Every single person knows what you meant when you wrote SHE, in capitalized letters

    At least stick to your ignorant views instead of blatantly lying about what you initially meant 555


    You've continually have commented on what women bring to a marriage, you then make a comment in the manner that you did and then accuse others of making assumptions when you are called out
    Yes, every single person with their head shoved so far up their ass that they can't see daylight has that assumption.

    I personally know three fairly well off women in Canada who DIDN'T divorce their husbands because they came in with a whole lot more than him.

    I would not have to explain myself in detail... or "back track" as you call it if you were not so critical and such a nit-picker.

    But, when someone has an "agenda" as you do, then you are quick off the mark to be critical. You say I hate women... that is your agenda. I don't. I love everything about them. But I also understand them. I wouldn't have so many lady friends, both in Canada and Thailand, if I hated women.

    I capitalized the SHE because I truly didn't know who she was, and I didn't have time to Google her. I was off to MaeSai.
    Last edited by Ian Forbes; 11th January 2019 at 02:06.

  13. #33
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,185
    Perhaps if you realy wondered what SHE brought to the marriage, you should have waited till after your bike ride and then did some research.

    Then you wouldn't have had to wonder 5555

  14. #34
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    19,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Yes, every single person with their head shoved so far up their ass that they can't see daylight has that assumption.

    I personally know three fairly well off women in Canada who DIDN'T divorce their husbands because they came in with a whole lot more than him.

    I would not have to explain myself in detail... or "back track" as you call it if you were not so critical and such a nit-picker.

    But, when someone has an "agenda" as you do, then you are quick off the mark to be critical. You say I hate women... that is your agenda. I don't. I love everything about them. But I also understand them. I wouldn't have so many lady friends, both in Canada and Thailand, if I hated women.

    I capitalized the SHE because I truly didn't know who she was, and I didn't have time to Google her. I was off to MaeSai.
    I don't have an agenda

    You say a lot of ignorant shit when it comes to women and I call you out on it............that's all

  15. #35
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    9,967
    BITCHES BE CRAZY...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

  16. #36
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,331
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Perhaps if you realy wondered what SHE brought to the marriage, you should have waited till after your bike ride and then did some research.

    Then you wouldn't have had to wonder 5555
    Then I would not have had M26 reply and I would have had to go searching for it.

    The original topic by slamplay could be looked at as knock against women and what they receive in a marriage settlement if THAT IS YOUR AGENDA. I just took it as a news topic about people who have more money then they could ever spend.

    Nobody really knows what two people bring to a relationship except those involved. Sophia Loren and Carlos Ponti is one famous example. She stayed with him until he died and he was 22 years older than her. If there were scandals of either of them having other "lovers", they were kept hidden from all the paparazzi that followed their every move.

    There are intangibles brought to any relationship that are impossible to put a dollar value on. That is why we have a "no fault" law in most of Canada, and at least the State of Washington in the US. It takes it out of the hands of lawyers who want to get their hands on your money... and to some degree they prey upon people's emotions.

    You could say the same about good friends... and what do they bring to the relationship.

  17. #37
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,331
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I don't have an agenda

    You say a lot of ignorant shit when it comes to women and I call you out on it............that's all
    Better I just not reply to anything?

    The "ignorant shit" as you call it is from observing what goes on around me and from watching what happens to others. I've been doing that since before you were in diapers. That is why I'm a good angler, and a reasonable artist and photographer. It comes from observation and analyzing what the reasons are. It is what separates the good or great coaches in sports from the ones who were just good players who turned to coaching.

    I've got thick skin and don't mind all the bantering. It keeps me alert and on my toes. I will post shit on Fakebook just to see what kind of reaction I might get. I always have the silly side of me.

  18. #38
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,616
    Money can really change people. I have absolutely no interest in accumulating it. I have a great salary and earn probably in the top few percent in Ireland. But I never save. I have a fair few properties which will take care of retirement and have a sizeable equity in 3 very successful companies (compliance, recruitment and Money Laundering reporting for the funds industry) which I expect will be sold in the next number of years. I love experiences and that’s where it goes. I also like making people happy. Paid off my parents mortgage and the look on their faces was worth more than anything. My best mate had the year from hell with one of her kids which meant she only worked a third of what she should because very of it. She didn’t say anything to anyone but I saw one day a look of dejection. I finally got it out and she told me she had no money for sant or Christmas and was rejected for a loan. Without hesitation I paid for everything and the look of happiness was worth more than anything. She paid back in full a week after Christmas. But I loved being able to help.

    On the flip side if someone ripped me for a Renner I am disgusted. It’s strange.

    Women are weird. The amount of money and property I have lost through fiancÚs (Irish) is bizarre. I regret nothing and actually feel sorry for someone who swindles cash and will never be happy. Finances come and go but morality and knowing you do right is worth more to me. Saying that if I was to lose 70 billion I might have a different opinion.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •