Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: would it b true to say--

Cadet Bronze

would it b true to say--

patongs dead? thailand rob reckons so, the reply's his website say that the exchange rates are so sh-t now , and the idiot thais have cooked their goose as far as ridiculous over-pricing for the farang ?
    i can buy food and beer here in the uk sometimes cheaper than over there
    even plane fares have gone crazy
    for a decent flight time--i don;t want a china airways flight that takes forever with the ch--ks gozzing up phlem on the aircraft floor
    i hear the girls are 3 plus thousand bht a poke !bug-er that! i;ll just toss myself off and spend my pension on a decent meal instead rather than a slack old well used clopper
    i s;pose i might be able 2 find a farm-fresh gal with buffalow sh-t still between her toes a bit cheaper ,
    (anyone know any?) i'll stand u an over priced beer
    Tingtong likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    How old are you exactly? Cause this reads like the ramblings of a hormonal teenager.
    wabbits likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Another award winning post from old feller...5555
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    How old are you exactly? Cause this reads like the ramblings of a hormonal teenager.
    Pretty sure Andy is about my age..he sure as shit should know better than this by now...555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Pretty sure Andy is about my age..he sure as shit should know better than this by now...555
    So mid 40"s then.............

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Bacwaan LIKES this. 555
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Geez he's aged terribly.

j/k
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I wish....555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I wish....555
    555? you are not that old, surely..!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    555? you are not that old, surely..!
    Don't call him Shirley..
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Ok I'm going to answer one of Andy's drunk posts seriously 555

I don't know a ton about the p4p scene, it definitely has changed but still plenty girls around
    And is 3k baht really a lot for a girl to spend the whole night with you? Probably have 2 go arounds?

As for pricing, prices are pretty much the same as 10yrs ago
    I found beers cheaper this year than ever before

Dinner at my favorite Italian place, Da Rico was around 1k baht for 2 drinks, 2 apps and 2 entrees
    Can't beat that!

Some nights I'd go sit at the bar at Baan Lamai and they had nice fresh Singhas 2 for 1

Oh and it was jammed packed in October
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Ok I'm going to answer one of Andy's drunk posts seriously 555

I don't know a ton about the p4p scene, it definitely has changed but still plenty girls around
    And is 3k baht really a lot for a girl to spend the whole night with you? Probably have 2 go arounds?

As for pricing, prices are pretty much the same as 10yrs ago
    I found beers cheaper this year than ever before

Dinner at my favorite Italian place, Da Rico was around 1k baht for 2 drinks, 2 apps and 2 entrees
    Can't beat that!

Some nights I'd go sit at the bar at Baan Lamai and they had nice fresh Singhas 2 for 1

Oh and it was jammed packed in October

I think you'll find that unless you're very shrewd, you'll be forking out a lot more just on LDs. A night out on bangla hitting the bars will easily set you back 10-12k including girl. I didn't come close to that in Chaweng in June last year but on the whole Samui is more laid back so that helps.

Taxi and tuk tuk prices are and have been out of control for some time too.

That aside though I don't mind the prices there. It

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    I think you'll find that unless you're very shrewd, you'll be forking out a lot more just on LDs. A night out on bangla hitting the bars will easily set you back 10-12k including girl. I didn't come close to that in Chaweng in June last year but on the whole Samui is more laid back so that helps.

Taxi and tuk tuk prices are and have been out of control for some time too.

That aside though I don't mind the prices there. It
    I'd probably think similar, but haven't been back to Patong in 10 years. But Pattaya certainly doesn't feel any different to ten years ago.. price of girls or hotels... back then it was only slightly cheaper than Patong... sounds like Patong has skyrocketed since?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    I've only tried P4p in phuket, Bangkok, Samui and Chiang Mai. Phuket has always been the most expensive. All things considered. Thing is when you're there once or twice a year you don't care and just pay it. Although doing that every night for 2 weeks isn't advisable 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I always find it funny when people say somewhere is dead. I can have fun in the smallest village. Why do people want throngs of people with music blaring. Can you not have fun without seeing crowds of people?

Patong is different but still great fun. There is drink, women, friends, good food and beaches. The only real difference is the lack of happy ending massages that used to be there.

Why does it worry you? Is it because there aren’t as many dirty YouTube videos so you can vicariously live through someone else’s holiday without the guilt of going with a bg?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I enjoy going and being places where there is hardly anyone...the jungle/wilderness,rural areas etc
    Best restaurants,4 star hotels,crowded bars etc are a long long way behind me these days.
    CM,CR,Nan,Udon appeal to me and no matter what anyone says there's always company and cold beers available if you want it.
    Bacon and OZZYGUY like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I'd probably think similar, but haven't been back to Patong in 10 years. But Pattaya certainly doesn't feel any different to ten years ago.. price of girls or hotels... back then it was only slightly cheaper than Patong... sounds like Patong has skyrocketed since?
    Hasn’t really. Hotels and food are still pretty much same price and can get good deals on agora. Drink is expensive with corona sometimes being more in Bangla than home. I have never spent more than 2k on a lot and never had a complaint. Lady drinks and bar fines are ridiculous but that’s life. It hasn’t got way more expensive but more ways to waste money I suppose. But I spent the same now as I did in 2007. More or less. But haven’t been since 2017. I thought when I went to Sami for a holiday I would spend less but the same. Then again I spent 3k one night on laughing gas balloons 5555

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I enjoy going and being places where there is hardly anyone...the jungle/wilderness,rural areas etc
    Best restaurants,4 star hotels,crowded bars etc are a long long way behind me these days.
    CM,CR,Nan,Udon appeal to me and no matter what anyone says there's always company and cold beers available if you want it.
    One reason I like CM so much now. Those tucked away bars Nells too me to during my last visit were a treat. You wouldn't find any tourists there. Mostly just expats know about them I think.

We were the only souls on that beach, along with the two sleepy girls that served us our drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    Hasn’t really. Hotels and food are still pretty much same price and can get good deals on agora. Drink is expensive with corona sometimes being more in Bangla than home. I have never spent more than 2k on a lot and never had a complaint. Lady drinks and bar fines are ridiculous but that’s life. It hasn’t got way more expensive but more ways to waste money I suppose. But I spent the same now as I did in 2007. More or less. But haven’t been since 2017. I thought when I went to Sami for a holiday I would spend less but the same. Then again I spent 3k one night on laughing gas balloons 5555
    In 2007 I was getting around 75 baht to the pound... now it's around 40 baht... so would seem more expensive. But I still think in terms of baht rather than pounds when in Thailand... and in 2006/7 Patong didn't feel that much different to Pattaya in terms of pricing for anything.... girls, hotels etc. Are you saying there is still not much difference apart from beer prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    One reason I like CM so much now. Those tucked away bars Nells too me to during my last visit were a treat. You wouldn't find any tourists there. Mostly just expats know about them I think.

We were the only souls on that beach, along with the two sleepy girls that served us our drinks.
    Do you mean Samui? Or has Nels moved to CM and taken the beach with him... 55
    Rivo and Nomad like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast