Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: St Paddy's Day

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Interesting isn't it. In NZ people almost want to hide where they are from. You want to appear as Kiwi as possible. Like a new beginning.
    Well most Italian-Americans or Irish-Americans, or whomever, aren't actually from those countries, most have never even been to those countries

But you ask any American what they are they wouldn't say American
    They would say "I'm Irish" or "I'm Italian"

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Well most Italian-Americans or Irish-Americans, or whomever, aren't actually from those countries, most have never even been to those countries

Funny you don't have English-Americans... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Funny you don't have English-Americans... 55
    Maybe the American Revolution had a little to do with it?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    They just pretend they're from somewhere else. "Sir I assure you, I'm quite Italian. Boobidy bubidy, bubidy boobidy. See!"
    Quarky likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Maybe the American Revolution had a little to do with it?
    What about Scottish or Welsh Americans? Why this Irish-Italian thing? I blame the Godfather... 55

The Irish do like a drink. I had some bad hangovers drinking with them. But then there’s the guys from Finland. Jeez!
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    The Irish do like a drink. I had some bad hangovers drinking with them. But then there’s the guys from Finland. Jeez!
    Or the Russians in Siberia... if you didn't drink... you froze to death!
    Rockitt likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post

most are German I believe

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    . But then there’s the guys from Finland. Jeez!
    HOLY SHIT, YES!

I remember back in my logging camp days where the Finns were notorious for their drinking. In the camps with lots of Finnish workers, Mondays were pretty much a "write off" as far as getting much accomplished. However, the buggers were hard workers, and more than made up for their Monday letdown the rest of the week. If you came to their room on a weekend they would hand you a bottle of whiskey or rum and expect you to drink the whole thing. I stayed well clear of them on weekends.

Oddly enough, we didn't get any Russian or German loggers. Over my many years of traveling to various remote camps on the BC coast I don't recall seeing one Russian or German.
    Rockitt likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    A little bit. Pubs always put up decorations and you see some people dressed up for it. People do get involved, but nothing spectacular.

No surprised about your 7-6 pm pass-outs. You lot couldn't hold your liquor to save your own grandmothers.
    Bacon, get down to Fibber Mague's or JB O'Rielys in Leeedervile on Paddy's day as I think you might change your mind about the "little bit of celebration" you stated, especially as it is on a Sunday this year.

Banned
    Being of Irish decent and in Australia, St Pats day is a good excuse for a drop of the pure, but when isn't. I get a bit pissed off with some of the irish for a day people, but I suppose at least we have progressed from being the scum of society.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    sidvicious and Fianna like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    When I was young Saint Patrick’s day meant a day off from lent (check the Bible Jesus ate chocolate on paddy’s day in the desert), going to mass in Irish, wearing shamrock and going to a parade (always used to have impure thoughts of the majorettes in their miniskirts).

As I grew up and living in different countries I have seen it getting bastardised and is as far removed from being Irish as anything can be. Firstly Patrick was welsh who was kidnapped by a guy called Niall of the nine hostages and sold to a farmer in Ireland. There as a shepherd he saw visions from god and brought Christianity to Ireland. He supposedly banishe snakes from here but seeing as we never had any that was fairly easy.

So our national holiday celebrates a welsh bullshitter. But saying that it does promote our country worldwide and I love when international landmarks go green and even the Hudson is dyed.

Things I hate: when it’s called Pattys day. Like fingernails down a blackboard.

This year I didn’t even go out. Hate false patriotism. And it’s one of the most violent days here. This guy says it best.

Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    When I was young Saint Patrick’s day meant a day off from lent (check the Bible Jesus ate chocolate on paddy’s day in the desert), going to mass in Irish, wearing shamrock and going to a parade (always used to have impure thoughts of the majorettes in their miniskirts).

As I grew up and living in different countries I have seen it getting bastardised and is as far removed from being Irish as anything can be. Firstly Patrick was welsh who was kidnapped by a guy called Niall of the nine hostages and sold to a farmer in Ireland. There as a shepherd he saw visions from god and brought Christianity to Ireland. He supposedly banishe snakes from here but seeing as we never had any that was fairly easy.

So our national holiday celebrates a welsh bullshitter. But saying that it does promote our country worldwide and I love when international landmarks go green and even the Hudson is dyed.

Things I hate: when it’s called Pattys day. Like fingernails down a blackboard.

This year I didn’t even go out. Hate false patriotism. And it’s one of the most violent days here. This guy says it best.

The Hudson doesn't get dyed green
    It's the Chicago River that does

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12