Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Weird Facebook Friends

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,361

    Weird Facebook Friends

    I'm actually not a FB hater
    I don't go on much but check it from time to time
    It keeps me up with some friends and family I don't talk to as much as others
    I think it's useful

    But I probably go on once a month

    But we all have Facebook Friends that are a bit much

    My Cousin David Michael.....he makes posts when famous people die. It's sort of his "thing"

    Old college friend lectures daily on healthy eating
    It's not even like he owns a healthy store he's pushing
    The thing is, some of his meals are pretty fxuking good!
    So I don't block him, but still annoying as shit

    I've blocked my brother and one of my closest cousins 5555

    My cousin just posts non-stop about everything!
    She asked me in person why I blocked her, I told her she was annoying as hell!
    My brother is dumb as shit and also a bit racist(reminds me of Obes)
    He'd always post right wing BS that, of course, he wouldn't research
    So then I'd make him look like an idiot with facts
    He complained so I told him best I block him because I'm not going to stop making him look like an idiot when he posts untruths(sounds familiar)


    Any weird ones you guys have?


    Oh, the guy who works for me had this stalker frol elementary school
    Another dude
    He writes him the craziest FB messages
    Pretty sure he's going to kill him but my guy is Canadian and too nice to block him 55555

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,599
    I use Facebook frequently to stay in touch with friends and relatives scattered around the globe. There are several sub-forums on Facebook dedicated to fishing that I stay in touch with. The difference between Facebook and forums like this is on Facebook you can post short, instructive videos: fly tying, casting or fishing. There are things that video shows that regular pictures don't.

    But, like you there are a few people who are mildly annoying. They post non-stop about weird things about some idiotic TV program, or about weird stuff with cats. I have several lady friends who are "dog people" and at least their posts are touching or funny.

    Because I stay in touch with some of my Thai friends, Facebook bombards me with Thai advertisements as well as others from other parts of the world. It gets a bit tedious scrolling through 5 or 6 advertisements just to see one topic that I might be able to related to or contribute. The ones with 15 thousand replies I don't even open.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I use Facebook frequently to stay in touch with friends and relatives scattered around the globe. There are several sub-forums on Facebook dedicated to fishing that I stay in touch with. The difference between Facebook and forums like this is on Facebook you can post short, instructive videos: fly tying, casting or fishing. There are things that video shows that regular pictures don't.

    But, like you there are a few people who are mildly annoying. They post non-stop about weird things about some idiotic TV program, or about weird stuff with cats. I have several lady friends who are "dog people" and at least their posts are touching or funny.

    Because I stay in touch with some of my Thai friends, Facebook bombards me with Thai advertisements as well as others from other parts of the world. It gets a bit tedious scrolling through 5 or 6 advertisements just to see one topic that I might be able to related to or contribute. The ones with 15 thousand replies I don't even open.
    Oh I forgot I do watch a lot of animal videos on Facebook too!

    This one yesterday was awesome!
    A guy found a kitten and took her with him biking around the world

    Check out @dodo’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1112...454813696?s=09

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,599
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Oh I forgot I do watch a lot of animal videos on Facebook too!

    This one yesterday was awesome!
    A guy found a kitten and took her with him biking around the world

    Check out @dodo’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1112...454813696?s=09
    Although I'm NOT a cat person, I do have compassion for all animals. Kittens get away with murder because they are so cute.

  5. #5
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,646
    Do you mean you block them from your news feed... or block them from posting on your own page?

    I block my best mate... because he's full vegan now.. and posts constantly from animal slaughter houses where he is protesting... it's ok now and then. But he does this every day... so I just block his posts from my news feed... he doesn't even know. So no harm done.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  6. #6
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,646
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Oh I forgot I do watch a lot of animal videos on Facebook too!

    This one yesterday was awesome!
    A guy found a kitten and took her with him biking around the world

    Check out @dodo’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1112...454813696?s=09
    I saw that one... too bloody cute. Came up on my news feed... not from someone else.. but as something FB thought I would like.. bastards... 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,509
    You don't have to block people, you can just exclude them from your feed so you don't see their posts. Unless this is what you mean.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  8. #8
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    You don't have to block people, you can just exclude them from your feed so you don't see their posts. Unless this is what you mean.
    That's what I mean...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    That's what I mean...
    Sorry I skipped your post 555.
    bacwaan likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  10. #10
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Sorry I skipped your post 555.
    It's ok. Most people do. . Or block me. Can't think why. . 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Do you mean you block them from your news feed... or block them from posting on your own page?

    I block my best mate... because he's full vegan now.. and posts constantly from animal slaughter houses where he is protesting... it's ok now and then. But he does this every day... so I just block his posts from my news feed... he doesn't even know. So no harm done.
    No, like a total block so they know 555

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    You don't have to block people, you can just exclude them from your feed so you don't see their posts. Unless this is what you mean.
    No, I block them
    Sends a message that they are annoying 5555

    When my family sends a group chat, usually to find out who is coming to an event
    I answer, then immediately cancel the chat 5555

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,803
    Damn. I don't think I could block a relative as it would cause them a lot of offence. For the annoying ones I just unsubscribe from their updates.

  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Damn. I don't think I could block a relative as it would cause them a lot of offence. For the annoying ones I just unsubscribe from their updates.
    Haha
    I am probably more blunt with my family than I am on these forums

    I told ya before............I don't have that gene where I get uncomfortable over those things 5555
    But I do sort of joke with them when asked................so not a total asshole
    Still block them though!

  15. #15
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,646
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Haha
    I am probably more blunt with my family than I am on these forums

    I told ya before............I don't have that gene where I get uncomfortable over those things 5555
    But I do sort of joke with them when asked................so not a total asshole
    Still block them though!
    I've seen the Sopranos... east coasters get riled easily... and Tony used to share a laugh just before he killed them... 55

    You think it's funny eh? Blocking me? How funny? Go on tell me.... how fuuuuuuuuuuuny....
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I've seen the Sopranos... east coasters get riled easily... and Tony used to share a laugh just before he killed them... 55

    You think it's funny eh? Blocking me? How funny? Go on tell me.... how fuuuuuuuuuuuny....
    Now, do I use the 9mm Beretta, the 44 magnum Colt, or just the 308 sniper rifle. 555

  17. #17
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Now, do I use the 9mm Beretta, the 44 magnum Colt, or just the 308 sniper rifle. 555
    Nahhh... he'll kill them with facts... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  18. #18
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,617
    I have 100s of fb friends with the same name as me. I did it as a joke but came quite good friends with them and visit about 10 regularly.

    I have another girl who loves video sex. Don’t know her real name as her fb name is a nickname. She is hot but nuts.

  19. #19
    Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    85
    i;m a big facebook user .due to the fact that i no longer watch or pay for the bbc --they employ peados in huge numbers

  20. #20
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,617
    If there was a website where I could see how fat my exes got there would be no need for Facebook.
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •