Nice videos and stories

There is enough negativity in the world these days
    And it's a bit hoaxy

But let's have a thread for nice videos and stories

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    This lady waved to the kid's every day walking by her house to school

Now 88yrs old she is moving and they have her a send off

These kids these days have no respect!

Check out @CBSNews’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1...611172866?s=09
    Quarky likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Thailand TV often features these sorts of ads which have a message...whist they are very old fashioned and feed back into the patriarchal hierarchy that exist here they are basically well intentioned and meaningful..

Ian Forbes and sidvicious like this.

tearjerkers or inspirational?....

sidvicious likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    tearjerkers or inspirational?....

Both 555. Love these Thai ads.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Here's a video with a nice ending... Don't see the point of the thread to be honest. Don't we have enough video threads? Interesting threads. Good Person Threads, Rant Threads, Funny threads, Happy threads, Sad threads... Indifferent Threads... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Here's a video with a nice ending... Don't see the point of the thread to be honest. Don't we have enough video threads? Interesting threads. Good Person Threads, Rant Threads, Funny threads, Happy threads, Sad threads... Indifferent Threads... 55
    Not one that is just for nice videos so they can lost in the mix

I search them out when want to feel good

The Dodo has amazing ones on rescued animals

so you want to stop people from making new threads now???....WTF...The Contrarian strikes again...555

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Not one that is just for nice videos so they can lost in the mix

I search them out when want to feel good

The Dodo has amazing ones on rescued animals
    you should start a rescued animals thread too then 55

Just think having too many similar threads gets confusing.

I'll start a sad videos thread just for balance. 55

I give this thread a week. If it's still going next year. Then my bad.
    Last edited by Quarky; 5th May 2019 at 03:36.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    you should start a rescued animals thread too then 55

Just think having too many similar threads gets confusing.

I'll start a sad videos thread just for balance.
    I appreciate a good story well told in pictures or video. From a writer's perspective it takes some skill to edit something down to a point where it holds an audience's attention, but still passes on a message. For something like Facebook the video has to be under 2 or 3 minutes at most. Unfortunately, with Facebook they have a lot of those "Click bait" topics that go on and on with useless crap and never post what originally caught your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    so you want to stop people from making new threads now???....WTF...The Contrarian strikes again...555
    There is actually method behind my apparent contrarianism... 55

Ideally on a forum you want as many active threads as possible... so how do you do that? You have interesting threads that people enjoy contributing to...

When you have too many threads on similar topics, you tend to dilute the content. Especially on small forums. We have thousands of threads on TD... but not that many "active" threads. If you have a number of threads on a similar topic... most will die out.. leaving one active thread. Look at the music section, despite the protests when I merged a lot of threads... we still have only one active music thread.. even though I restarted multiple music threads as requested... after a few posts, no one posts in them.

If you keep starting new video threads... for happy videos, sad videos, funny videos, etc... only one will survive.. or none...

It's like how we have one football section. If we had multiple football sections.. I guarantee, after a time, only one thread will be active...

If we were a large forum that could populate niche threads, then fine.. but we're not, we're small... so keep it simple...

Lets have lots of active threads and just a few dormant ones... instead of thousands of dormant ones... and only a few active threads...

Seven would back me up... 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.

DP it's supposed to be a nice thread

So why don't you get the fxuk out of it if you don't like it 5555

I watch these type of videos all the time

I will just post them
    When someone needs some cheering up or some perspective they know where to go!

Blind and deaf and he super owner taught her commands by touch!

Dogs are amazing!

Check out @dodo’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1102...010063361?s=09

I've looked into being able to volunteer to rescue animals but you have to either beinf highly trained or volunteer for years and years doing the menial jobs to get to the point you are one of the ones that get to go out in their field and rescue animals

I'd do the menial jobs
    But I honestly would donate thousands if I could just become a rescuer immediately
    I wouldn't do that because you'd be jumping ahead of people who have worked long and hard to become an actual rescuer
    But if I wasn't screwing someone over I would do that

I told Ao if I ever did retire and move to Thailand I would wake up every day and walk around and feed the soil dogs and cats
    I don't feed them now on holiday but she is a bit tired of me waking up early and then coming back from my morning walk and waking her up to show her all the pics of took the Soi animals 5555

Oh yeah
    Fxuk you DP (and change your stupid name back) 5555

Pitbull rescued

Check out @dodo’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1124...906368000?s=09

There is actually method behind my apparent contrarianism... 55

Ideally on a forum you want as many active threads as possible... so how do you do that? You have interesting threads that people enjoy contributing to...

When you have too many threads on similar topics, you tend to dilute the content. Especially on small forums. We have thousands of threads on TD... but not that many "active" threads. If you have a number of threads on a similar topic... most will die out.. leaving one active thread. Look at the music section, despite the protests when I merged a lot of threads... we still have only one active music thread.. even though I restarted multiple music threads as requested... after a few posts, no one posts in them.

If you keep starting new video threads... for happy videos, sad videos, funny videos, etc... only one will survive.. or none...

It's like how we have one football section. If we had multiple football sections.. I guarantee, after a time, only one thread will be active...

If we were a large forum that could populate niche threads, then fine.. but we're not, we're small... so keep it simple...

Lets have lots of active threads and just a few dormant ones... instead of thousands of dormant ones... and only a few active threads...

Seven would back me up... 55
    This is very true. I've seen it numerous times on other forums that either survived or died a slow death.

The tricky part is keeping a good balance.

No conversation lasts very long if only one person is talking. And, very few conversations remain "on topic" for very long. Again, it is a tricky balance, and tough on moderators.
    Quarky likes this.

I will just post them
    There is nothing wrong with starting any topic in a general forum. It will either draw some interest or it will die off. We just don't need a bunch of SEPARATE headings for various topics. That is what general is for.

I will just post them
    I will fuck off. I don't do nice... 55

But if this thread lies dormant for a long period... I'll post a video about the victims of Chernobyl in it... 55
    Ian Forbes likes this.

I will fuck off. I don't do nice... 55

But if this thread lies dormant for a long period... I'll post a video about the victims of Chernobyl in it... 55
    I have some gory pictures I could include. 555

All the sweet, cuddly animal videos I see are all on Fakebook, and you can't transpose them to here. Because I have a LOT of dog lover lady friends in Canada I get to see what they post on Facebook. Then, Facebook logs me onto a lot more similar ones with the understanding that that is all I want to watch. 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast