Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: What are you wearing?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar

What are you wearing?

Look at those ridiculous clown outfits. Kids these days dress just fine compared to that. Imagine walking around today with scaffolding under your dress.

There are a handful of things to admire about the past, but most of it is romantic hogwash IMHO.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

Look at those ridiculous clown outfits. Kids these days dress just fine compared to that. Imagine walking around today with scaffolding under your dress.

There are a handful of things to admire about the past, but most of it is romantic hogwash IMHO.
    The thing is that the higher class "ladies" DID wear crap like that in those days.

I took my ex there one time and I was wearing one of my cowboy hats... hiding my bald head. When someone started to go into the barber I doffed my hat and declared... "Don't go there for a hair cut. Look what he did to me!" Everyone got a laugh... including the barber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    The thing is that the higher class "ladies" DID wear crap like that in those days.

I took my ex there one time and I was wearing one of my cowboy hats... hiding my bald head. When someone started to go into the barber I doffed my hat and declared... "Don't go there for a hair cut. Look what he did to me!" Everyone got a laugh... including the barber.
    Yeah that was kinda my point 55. Nice barber joke.

Sorta connected. Was watching a TV show set in the early 60s and noticed how smartly dressed everyone seemed. I asked my mum if people really were more smartly dressed back then (This was an English show) compared to today, or was it just because it was a TV show, so no one is going to look casual or scruffy?

She said people did used to dress more smartly back in the 50s and 60s... and we have just got more casual over time.. at least in the UK... Ian.. can you confirm if this is also the case in Canada? Did people generally make more of an effort in the 50s and 60s?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Sorta connected. Was watching a TV show set in the early 60s and noticed how smartly dressed everyone seemed. I asked my mum if people really were more smartly dressed back then (This was an English show) compared to today, or was it just because it was a TV show, so no one is going to look casual or scruffy?

She said people did used to dress more smartly back in the 50s and 60s... and we have just got more casual over time.. at least in the UK... Ian.. can you confirm if this is also the case in Canada? Did people generally make more of an effort in the 50s and 60s?

even in the 80s and early 90's if you went clubbing you got suited up or put your best clobber on , no decent place would let you in wearing jeans ... until the rave culture then everything relaxed a bit

same as office work , every man wore a proper two piece suit , shirt and tie in 80's 90's .... 00's we started having dress down days on Fridays ( a US thing ... ) then no one was wearing a tie unless they had a meeting with a client ... most guys don't even wear suits these days

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    even in the 80s and early 90's if you went clubbing you got suited up or put your best clobber on , no decent place would let you in wearing jeans ... until the rave culture then everything relaxed a bit

same as office work , every man wore a proper two piece suit , shirt and tie in 80's 90's .... 00's we started having dress down days on Fridays ( a US thing ... ) then no one was wearing a tie unless they had a meeting with a client ... most guys don't even wear suits these days
    Good point. Even in the 80s when I had a part time office job during university, I had to wear a shirt and tie. In the 90s, my job needed a suit. Then in the 2000s and right up till now my three office jobs have been casual. Smart casual initially, but gradually over time.. everything is more relaxed... shorts and t-shirt and sandals is my attire now during the summer... unless as you say... meeting a client. Only time I wear my suit...

Mind you I hate the opposite as well. I'm back in Changi at the moment and was in jeans and boots heading to the airport from Samui even despite the heat. There's a line for sure.

Suites are for squares these days. I rarely wear one anymore. Maybe a sports jacket for meetings or nights out.

Ditch the sandals DP. FFS man 555.
    Last edited by Bacon; 24th May 2019 at 18:29.

Mind you I hate the opposite as well. I'm back in Changi at the moment and was in jeans and boots heading to the airport from Samui even despite the heat. There's a line for sure.

Suites are for squares these days. I rarely wear one anymore. Maybe a sports jacket for meetings or nights out.

Ditch the sandals DP. FFS man 555.
    Sandals are great! Keep my feet aired!

I have actually changed the attire of my whole office block... years ago no one had seen anyone in shorts here.... they used to mock me in the car park... now they are all at it... even the odd sandal around...

On another topic... we have a plastic surgeon office in our building now. And loads of attractive women come in every day.. presumably for Botox/boob jobs etc. The surgery isn't done there... it's like a consultation place... but anyway... the men's toilet is on the same floor as this place. Women's toilet is a floor up. Not sure why, probably laziness... (Should this be in the lazy women thread?) ...but a lot of these attractive women have started using the men's toilets... and none of us men are complaining... sorta caught me by surprise at first. Standing at the urinal while a girl does her make up in the mirror. A couple of the guys in one office are a bit funny about it... but generally...we look the other way... 55

I wonder how long it will last before some uppity puts a stop to it... it's been a few months now.. so maybe they won't...

Wonder if Paulie could have a dump there...
    Last edited by Quarky; 24th May 2019 at 19:16.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar

Before public toilets, bum-guns and toilet paper.. I think these dresses made a lot of sense! 555

Reminds me of a Thai toilet. Not a LB joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Before public toilets, bum-guns and toilet paper.. I think these dresses made a lot of sense! 555
    Ahaha you may not be far from the truth there.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Sandals are great! Keep my feet aired!
    you still wearing those rubber + nylon + velcro jobbies....footware for subbies...555

you could at least get a smart leather pair of slides or loafers...

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    you still wearing those rubber + nylon + velcro jobbies....footware for subbies...555

you could at least get a smart leather pair of slides or loafers...
    Crikey... you remember what I was wearing? Had them since 2006... lasted me well... 55

Am on the lookout for some sandals with more arch support though... have seen nice stuff online, but I want to physically try some on... and I just can't find anything decent in the shops...

I hate loafers... make my feet sweat...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

I hate loafers... make my feet sweat...
    No show socks......

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Oh yes Khun Quirky......I knew you'd be one of those velcro sandals guys even before I met you......555

TBH if you need some support for your arches and you don't want to look like you are wearing orthopaedic shoes Dr Scholls have some slides which offer support without looking like subbies shoes...

somegthing along these lines....a darned sight better than those velcro jobbies...555

Good thing about loafers is that you can just slip them off under your desk whilst working...then just slide them back on when you need to get up....but as Paulie says..no showing socks...those little slip ones work pretty well
    Last edited by bacwaan; 24th May 2019 at 23:29.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar

I think this explains why lamp shades give me a semi...55
    Tingtong likes this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Oh yes Khun Quirky......I knew you'd be one of those velcro sandals guys even before I met you......555

TBH if you need some support for your arches and you don't want to look like you are wearing orthopaedic shoes Dr Scholls have some slides which offer support without looking like subbies shoes...

somegthing along these lines....a darned sight better than those velcro jobbies...555

Good thing about loafers is that you can just slip them off under your desk whilst working...then just slide them back on when you need to get up....but as Paulie says..no showing socks...those little slip ones work pretty well
    I'd rather not wear socks at all. So no chance of showing socks... loafers are shoes to me... I like a sandal option...

My only concern with that sandal pictured is does it slip off easy? no strap around the back? I like the option of being able to run in sandals... you may think "When would you run?" But the number of times I have needed to run when wearing sandals... I have been grateful for them staying on... 55

Someone about a year back mentioned a quality sandal that I looked up at the time... which looked nice. Can't remember the name.. except it was expensive... it may even have been you...

PS. How did you know I would be a Velcro sandal wearer? What do we have in common?..55
    Last edited by Quarky; 25th May 2019 at 00:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I think this explains why lamp shades give me a semi...55
    Are you banned from certain retail establishments?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    What is it? Friggin open mike? 55
    Are you banned from certain retail establishments?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    What is it? Friggin open mike? 55
    Well you opened the mike you queer fcuker... 55

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast