Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ireland/England/Beach trip

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Yes I do
    Although there is confusion if we are from Ireland or Scotland!
    We've always said we are Irish but I think we are Scottish 555

So if you were interested we should think about it
    I was told my ancestry on my mother's side was "Scots/Irish." But the Scots part mostly added to defer racism towards the Irish at the time. 555
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    I was told my ancestry on my mother's side was "Scots/Irish." But the Scots part mostly added to defer racism towards the Irish at the time. 555
    I'm almost 100% positive that my mom's side is from Barra Island
    I have a bunch of documents I need to go through

And Barra is an island in between Ireland and Scotland but definitely part of Scotland

Now what you say makes sense because Irish were discrmenated against

But where I am from in Boston is all Irish
    So maybe my great grandparents go there and said "Fcuk it, we're Irish" 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar

And Barra is an island in between Ireland and Scotland but definitely part of Scotland

I wish I knew as much as you. My family history was destroyed somehow by an undoubtedly racist ancestor who found out something they didn't like in our genealogy. Probably some darker blood in our past.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

One of my friends that you met traced his ancestors back to Barra Island.. and went and visited the island back in 1990 to trace his ancestors... I'll have to tell him he might be related to MarcMac26.. 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    As long as you don't want to swim the sea... there are plenty of nice beaches... gorgeous beaches... and when it's 30 odd degrees, you can almost imagine you're in Australia... 55
    Which day was that ? 55
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Which day was that ? 55
    It was a Saturday in 2003... 55

Most summers seem to have weeks above 30 degrees these days... even in the north... 55

I never mentioned wanting to go to beaches in the UK

I want to go to the beach as part of my trip to another country after England/Ireland
    Then you should have titled the thread then... Ireland/England and Beaches in Europe ? .. 555

Then you should have titled the thread then... Ireland/England and Beaches in Europe ? .. 555
    Or Ireland/England and other locations I may never go to... 55
    Sydney, Rockitt and Stillearly like this.

Then you should have read the 1st post

Although DP's title suggestion above is pretty apt too! 555

As long as you don't want to swim the sea... there are plenty of nice beaches... gorgeous beaches... and when it's 30 odd degrees, you can almost imagine you're in Australia... 55
    I actually don't look at actually swimming in the sea as a necessity to "going to the beach"
    That probably sounds weird though

I like being in a beach atmosphere and being relaxed and swimming is just a bonus

I go to the beach almost daily in Vancouver and I never swim there(although I could just be a tad cold)
    And I am way more relaxed there than most crystal clear beaches

Then you should have read the 1st post

Although DP's title suggestion above is pretty apt too! 555
    given up reading your potential/maybe/this time its fairly sure holiday threads ... 555555 ..... sorry i just had to, you fell right into it, i actually had this post considered before i finished my last post, like a game of chess really ..lol
    Last edited by Sydney; 8th August 2019 at 03:08.

just reread this again, its funny as ...... what not swim, so what am i going to the beach for, play in the sand ? ..555, just having to much fun with this thread, apologies all ... i will leave the room now, just grab
    my sand bucket and spade
    Last edited by Sydney; 8th August 2019 at 03:13.
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    He likes the beach so he can show off his ass crack...555
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

given up reading your potential/maybe/this time its fairly sure holiday threads ... 555555 ..... sorry i just had to, you fell right into it, i actually had this post considered before i finished my last post, like a game of chess really ..lol
    Haha
    I hope you realize I am not getting my panties in a bunch
    I love the jabs 5555

just reread this again, its funny as ...... what not swim, so what am i going to the beach for, play in the sand ? ..555, just having to much fun with this thread, apologies all ... i will leave the room now, just grab
    my sand bucket and spade
    How much time do people actually spend in the water when they go to the beach?
    I bet most people spend less than 15% of the time in the water

I much rather my beach in Vancouver than the tropical beaches I go to on holiday
    Because the tropical ones are so hot you are always trying to get out of the sun
    Whereas my beach in Vancouver we can hang out all day and not be hiding under umbrellas

I love tropical beaches for their beauty
    But have a much more relaxed time at my Vancouver beach

Well thats a fair question, and its probably a culture thing, among other things, Aussies live in the surf, like hours out there, something you did as a kid, other than building sand castles at the waters edge , but mum had to drag me out of the water all the time, i remember her yelling at me all the time at the top of her voice ... get out of the water we are going home !!

Also matters a lot on the beach itself, a tropical paradise with palm tress providing shade and flat calm water is completely different to a east coast Australia Beach, were the surf and big waves and constantly crashing in, the waves are the fun, even now i still love getting smashed by them and trying to body surf them, and i dont even surf, were do you think the average aussie kid spends all his day when at the beach ?

Our beached are mostly wild, no trees, no shade, you get burnt to a crisp just sitting on the sand all day, the water is the only thing that keeps you alive ..haha ... obviously everyone puts up those beach hut/tents things, havent yuo ever watched Bondi Rescue ..555 look where everyone is, in the firggen water all day, all 10,000 of them
    Last edited by Sydney; 8th August 2019 at 03:53.

Well thats a fair question, and its probably a culture thing, among other things, Aussies live in the surf, like hours out there, something you did as a kid, other than building sand castles at the waters edge , but mum had to drag me out of the water all the time, i remember her yelling at me all the time at the top of her voice ... get out of the water we are going home !!

Also matters a lot on the beach itself, a tropical paradise with palm tress providing shade and flat calm water is completely different to a east coast Australia Beach, were the surf and big waves and constantly crashing in, the waves are the fun, even now i still love getting smashed by them and trying to body surf them, and i dont even surf, were do you think the average aussie kid spends all his day when at the beach ?

Our beached are mostly wild, no trees, no shade, you get burnt to a crisp just sitting on the sand all day, the water is the only thing that keeps you alive ..haha ... obviously everyone puts up those beach hut/tents things,
    Same with me growing up... I'd always be in the sea as long as I could... especially if good surf... was too hot on the beach anyway.. 55

I remember one day in particular at Whangamata when I was about 13 or 14... I got into the surf with my board about 10am and got out at 6pm... fuck my face was burnt to a frazzle... but time just flies when you are in the water... I imagine most of the surf guys on here spent hours in the sea... and barely any time on the sand...

Our beached are mostly wild, no trees, no shade, you get burnt to a crisp just sitting on the sand all day, the water is the only thing that keeps you alive ..haha ... obviously everyone puts up those beach hut/tents things, havent yuo ever watched Bondi Rescue ..555 look where everyone is, in the firggen water all day, all 10,000 of them
    I went to the beach every day as a kid from morning to night
    And we went in the water all day
    And I still enjoy going in the water
    I put a boogie board beatdown on my nephew in Costa Rica on my nephew 555

But I just think the beach can be more than swimming
    I meet my friends there and will BBQ, play beach games and drink and a day like that is more relaxing and feels more beachy to me than when I was just in Cuba at the most beautiful beach I have ever seen

I love all beaches
    I just think becahes and "going to the beach" can be so many different things
    Usually based on where you grew up and lived

This is one of those times where I don't think there can ever be a wrong answer!

I went to the beach every day as a kid from morning to night
    And we went in the water all day
    And I still enjoy going in the water
    I put a boogie board beatdown on my nephew in Costa Rica on my nephew 555

But I just think the beach can be more than swimming
    I meet my friends there and will BBQ, play beach games and drink and a day like that is more relaxing and feels more beachy to me than when I was just in Cuba at the most beautiful beach I have ever seen

I love all beaches
    I just think becahes and "going to the beach" can be so many different things
    Usually based on where you grew up and lived

This is one of those times where I don't think there can ever be a wrong answer!
    I think it changes as you get older... even a warm sea beach I will go in but won't stay in long nowadays...

So yeah... your needs change. You always say you like villages/towns with a beach vibe... so do I. Why I like Mediterranean Islands like Corfu. But you can get it on Mainland Europe as well... Portugal, Spain, France, Italy....

Or go to Heidelberg.. it has a river and a castle!

You been to Scotland ever? Edinburgh is a must see...

I think it changes as you get older... even a warm sea beach I will go in but won't stay in long nowadays...

So yeah... your needs change. You always say you like villages/towns with a beach vibe... so do I. Why I like Mediterranean Islands like Corfu. But you can get it on Mainland Europe as well... Portugal, Spain, France, Italy....

Or go to Heidelberg.. it has a river and a castle!

You been to Scotland ever? Edinburgh is a must see...
    No I've never been to Scotland but would miss it this time

Ao 100% wants to go to Prague and she's been on about it for 10 years
    So England and Ireland then Prague and Greece most likely

I was surprised she chose Prague over going to see her friend in Portugal

I'd go anywhere

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast