Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Electric Scooter rentals downtown

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I almost got ran over by an electric motorbike in Hanoi , about 30 secs after walking out of my hotel ... just didn't hear it and didn't look obviously... learnt my lesson quickly

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Too many people ride them on footpaths... that seems to be the main issue...
    I road it on the sidewalk
    But I rode as if the pedestrian is the priority and has the right of way at all times

Unfortunately others may not, although I didn't see anyone riding like an ass but that's just one day sample size
    I am sure plenty do ride like an ass

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    sorry, but imo anyone who rides a "machine" on the sidewalk, including skateboards, plain kick scooters, bikes, rollerskates etc is doing the wrong thing... add a motor to it and that is asshole territory...you just can't react in time to the unpredictability of humans....hell, I regularly bump into people just walking, as they will just stop mid step or change direction without giving a thought that there may be someone behind or to their side...its getting crazy out there, especially with phones and earbuds etc...

It is illegal to ride all of the above on footpaths in aus....and there would be a very special fine for anyone caught riding a device with a motor in it on the sidewalks here....a fine of hundreds of dollars would be my guess..get in the cycle lane I say...555
    1080, Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    sorry, but imo anyone who rides a "machine" on the sidewalk, including skateboards, plain kick scooters, bikes, rollerskates etc is doing the wrong thing... add a motor to it and that is asshole territory...you just can't react in time to the unpredictability of humans....hell, I regularly bump into people just walking, as they will just stop mid step or change direction without giving a thought that there may be someone behind or to their side...its getting crazy out there, especially with phones and earbuds etc...

It is illegal to ride all of the above on footpaths in aus....and there would be a very special fine for anyone caught riding a device with a motor in it on the sidewalks here....a fine of hundreds of dollars would be my guess..get in the cycle lane I say...555
    Even when running I only go on the sidewalk if no choice... try to keep to the roads as much as possible... especially if people around... else if on the sidewalk, I am a running arsehole.. 55

As you say, people move sideways often without warning... hard to stop...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    Mobility scooters/carts can be a problem in pedestrian areas too. When the driver is acting sensibly they are fine. But when a bad tempered grandma clips your ankle itís painful.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post

I actually think cities want these ridden on the sidewalk and not the street

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Mobility scooters/carts can be a problem in pedestrian areas too. When the driver is acting sensibly they are fine. But when a bad tempered grandma clips your ankle it’s painful.
    I've been ankle-tapped by them as well... just as you are in on goal... out of nowhere!
    Rockitt likes this.

Appears that in the UK e-scooters are not allowed to be ridden on the sidewalk... or on the road! Only on private land. But in Paris, only allowed to be ridden on the road...

The Metropolitan Police said in April that it was cracking down on e-scooters in an effort to increase road safety.

"People who use e-scooters need to be aware it is currently illegal to ride them on the pavement and the road."

First person to die on an e-scooter in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Appears that in the UK e-scooters are not allowed to be ridden on the sidewalk... or on the road! Only on private land. But in Paris, only allowed to be ridden on the road...

The Metropolitan Police said in April that it was cracking down on e-scooters in an effort to increase road safety.

"People who use e-scooters need to be aware it is currently illegal to ride them on the pavement and the road."

First person to die on an e-scooter in the UK.

I should have said in Denver where I was riding
    It was a closed street with a tram in the middle

But looks like most need to ride in the bike lanes, which obviously makes sense
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Here in Bris. we have two e scooter companies, lime and orange.

It seems to be well used and the riders go anywhere, footpath, bike lane, road. They are expanding into the suburbs as well and down on the Gold Coast there is a fight to get them approved by the council who think they are dangerous and don't want them.

In the CBD they are a good and cheap way to get around, especially if you have appointments at different ends of the CBD.

Like everything there are idiot riders, no different to the mopeds that tourist rent with a car license and no experience on a bike.

The lack of noise is a problem, maybe if they had a recording of a motor installed and linked to the throttle so you hear them coming.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    A peg and a Footy Card in the spokes will make it sound like a Harley and every c@nt will get out of the way .
    Chob likes this.

Cadet Gold
    We have a number of seaside councils trialing these things for the summer i think there will be issues .

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    This is YOU Paulie !

11.7 kg ...

Ive been looking at all the models as a possible present for Alice and this company seems to have it together !

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/in...hq1Fj&search=1

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    I also learnt that Lithium batteries cost the most and are what everyone judges scooters on ...
    Theres lots of shonky models out there apparently.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Don't worry, some guy is going to build one that will travel in excess of 100 km/hour, and go from 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds. 555

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12