Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Business closures due COVID

  1. #41
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Tofino looks great , Have you ever thought about going and trying Surfing (in summer ) ?
    I've been there many times

    I tried surfing with Chob....

    A) I'm fat 555
    B) But the big thing is I have a bad neck so paddling and looking up really kills it

  2. #42
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Tofino looks great , Have you ever thought about going and trying Surfing (in summer ) ?
    When I was in Costa Rica I did some serious boogie boarding
    I've done it before at random beaches on shitty boards

    But I did it on some serious waves in CR with real proper boards and I loved it and was pretty damn good
    Was kicking the 19yrs old asses that were with me! 555
    Tingtong likes this.

  3. #43
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    38
    Posts
    12,666
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I've been there many times

    I tried surfing with Chob....

    A) I'm fat 555
    B) But the big thing is I have a bad neck so paddling and looking up really kills it
    These days a casual snorkel is enough for me before it's time for more beers and lunch 555.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  4. #44
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I've been there many times

    I tried surfing with Chob....

    A) I'm fat 555
    B) But the big thing is I have a bad neck so paddling and looking up really kills it
    Ah Cool ,

    Ive got the same thing with my neck from years of Paddling with your head tilted back ..... Ive now trained myself to have my neck more straight when paddling out . It helps but you cant always maintain that especially on bigger days .

  5. #45
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    38
    Posts
    12,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Ah Cool ,

    Ive got the same thing with my neck from years of Paddling with your head tilted back ..... Ive now trained myself to have my neck more straight when paddling out . It helps but you cant always maintain that especially on bigger days .
    Seems like they're putting electric motors on just about everything these days. Maybe you can work something out for a board to save you paddling out?

    And maybe add some sides around the board so water doesn't get in.
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  6. #46
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Seems like they're putting electric motors on just about everything these days. Maybe you can work something out for a board to save you paddling out?

    And maybe add some sides around the board so water doesn't get in.
    They have already Got them , Electric Motors on the Boards and they go hard . Ive seen a Guy who lives here, out in 12 ft storm surf a while back . It was insane how fast he was going on his board . But he would have been fucked if it broke down of run out of power .

  7. #47
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    55,541
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Here's a good YouTube video

    Really chill fun small town too...

    *

    *
    I can just see Ian getting off his motorbike with a surfboard strapped to his back... 55

    That place looks amazing... has a NZ Coromandel beaches feel to it with the forest/mountain backdrop... though colder. But sill it looks a great place to live...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  8. #48
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Quarantine
    Posts
    55,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Seems like they're putting electric motors on just about everything these days. Maybe you can work something out for a board to save you paddling out?

    And maybe add some sides around the board so water doesn't get in.
    Your ideal surfboard? ..55

    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  9. #49
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, Cebu, CNX
    Posts
    7,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    These days a casual snorkel is enough for me before it's time for more beers and lunch 555.
    Better change the profile pic then.....55
    justcruzing1 and Ian Forbes like this.

  10. #50
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I can just see Ian getting off his motorbike with a surfboard strapped to his back... 55

    That place looks amazing... has a NZ Coromandel beaches feel to it with the forest/mountain backdrop... though colder. But sill it looks a great place to live...
    With my career in forestry I've spent a LOT of time where that film was made. My problem is I sink. I can take a full lung of air and then lay on the bottom of a swimming pool until I run out of oxygen and have to return to the surface. I actually drowned twice when taking lessons as a child, and trying to learn how to swim. "Where is Ian? Oh, there he is at the bottom of the pool." They just pumped me out and we started over like it was no big deal. Things were different 75 years ago. Oddly enough, I have no fear of the water, but I have a lot of respect for it.

    And, there were no neoprene suits in those days. I remember the first time I put on a neoprene vest and I could float freely without fighting to stay at the surface. What a marvelous feeling! And, I suddenly realized what all the fuss was about when swimming. I now own a 3 mm neoprene vest and shorts outfit and it helps when I swim rivers to study trout, salmon and steelhead. Our rivers are pretty cold and you can get hypothermic if you stay in too long.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •