Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanchanaburi

Kanchanaburi

Here's a few shots from a cycling trip around Kanchanburi...

Procession of Monks crossing a bridge over the River Kwai
    Attachment 1344

River Kwai
    Attachment 1345

Luckily I didn't have to climb the mountain in the distance
    Attachment 1346

Elephants under the bridge being crossed by the Monks
    Attachment 1347

Attachment 1348

Death railway Train ride from "the bridge" over River Kwai to Hell Fire Pass (I think!)
    Attachment 1349

Another mountain I didn't climb
    Attachment 1350

Tour guide and the sag wagon
    Attachment 1351
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    They deserve to be big... check out Picture posting using Photobucket good way to post pics
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 7th November 2011 at 22:31.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Very nice pics, thanks for posting, and for opening the first alternative "other" destination for LOS on TD.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Very nice pics. Oh and love the Lycra. 55555555 Look forward to hearing / seeing more of your adventures. River Kwai is a place I am yet to get to. Is there any good fishing in this river that you know of?
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Thanks for the link PBB...

Lunch stop, and a Thai hot pot

Tomorrow's lunch..555

Another shot of the River Kwai

And another..

Hell fire pass...

Man size photos (this could be embarrassing if they are still small!)

I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Very nice pics. Oh and love the Lycra. 55555555 Look forward to hearing / seeing more of your adventures. River Kwai is a place I am yet to get to. Is there any good fishing in this river that you know of?
    I dangled my pole a few times but didn't catch anything!

Didn't see anyone fishing this far up river, but I think the resort I was at overnight offered it as an activity.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I was at Kanchanburi in August this year, only for a day though, seems like a place you could spend a week at and not see everything. Did you do the train trip Nam ?

Great pictures BTW and thanks for posting, did you get to any of the nearby waterfalls ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I was at Kanchanburi in August this year, only for a day though, seems like a place you could spend a week at and not see everything. Did you do the train trip Nam ?

Great pictures BTW and thanks for posting, did you get to any of the nearby waterfalls ?
    Did the train trip. Took about one and a half hours to get from "the bridge" (where the war memorial, graves, etc are located), to Hell Fire Pass. It was really interesting to see and hear about an important part of Australia's history, and Thailand's history for that matter (from memory, more Thais died than farangs building the railway). Didn't spend much time at Hell Fire Pass itself, just lunch and a bit of a look around. I stayed at a resort a short drive from Hell Fire Pass, which was a beautiful location on the river.

I certainly wouldn't want to do River Kwai and Hell Fire Pass in a day from Bangkok, as it would be a few hours or more of driving plus 3 hours on the train (return). There are tours that offer these two combined, plus Tiger Temple, etc. If time is short fair enough, but you miss so much on these types of tours IMO.

Only got to one waterfall, which was small and not particularly active at the time.

Here's some more pics...

The resort I stayed at for a night

View from the balcony at the resort...

Just a couple of insects...

Front row seats for dinner...

This was the best day of riding, but friggin hot...

One of my favourites shots in LOS...could only describe as a shack at best, but look at the size of the satellite dish on the right...555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    How cool love the pics Mrs W has spent time there and loves it.
    Another place to visit.
    Love the last pic.

Great pictures Nam, I was surprised by the countryside around Kanchanaburi, I was expecting flat countryside but as you know that is not the case, looks a bit like Chiang Mai IMO

Post a pic of your Pushbike, must be hard work on some them hot days, well done.

Motorbike for me 555

Great pictures Nam, I was surprised by the countryside around Kanchanaburi, I was expecting flat countryside but as you know that is not the case, looks a bit like Chiang Mai IMO

Post a pic of your Pushbike, must be hard work on some them hot days, well done.

Motorbike for me 555
    I'm a bit shy Rivo. I don't look as good in lycra as Mrs W...555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Met an interesting guy last night... he has ridden from BKK to Singapore, he's in his late 50's and has been doing big treks all his life... He's from the UK and his last trip to Oz he road from Sydney to Melbourne then on to Adelaide...

Motorbike for me 555
    Here you go Rivo...base level Trek bike...was great until I hit a thunderstorm in Ayutthaya and the road became very slippery.

Great pics!

I suspect this is a set to be used in the next James Bond film.... you think the satellite dish is big... wait till you see the rocket launchers... 555

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    Here you go Rivo...base level Trek bike...was great until I hit a thunderstorm in Ayutthaya and the road became very slippery.

Is that your own bike Nam ? Or do you just hire a bike when in LOS ?

Have you done any cycling up in Chiang Mai, I have seen many cyclists up through the mountains.

Spiceroads supply everything.

Haven't done Chiang Mai, but hoping to shortly.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    Spiceroads supply everything.

Haven't done Chiang Mai, but hoping to shortly.
    Got some heat training in last night 35k in the Perth heat.
    Will have time to do the little BKK ride through khon toei and then across the river to the growing area.

When will you be in BKK wabbits, and riding?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Great Photos NTM, I do not know much about Kanchanaburi but from the look of the photos its a place I would like to see. It does look very nice, thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast