Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Ayutthaya

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Ayutthaya

On my next trip in April I will be heading to Ayutthaya for a Night. I have desided I will take Noy's sister, Husband and daughter there as a way to say thank you for letting me stay with them. I will be hiring a car in Bangkok (outside the city) and driving to Ayutthaya myself. I have been told it is not a very hard drive but Noy is worried about me driving in Bangkok. I know PPB did a drive resently and he assures me it is pretty ease.

We were going to do our own tour so we do not have to organise a guide or anything I was just wondering if any one could recommend specific sites to visit. I have a small list at the moment but understand there is a lot to see but I do not think we will have the time to see it all.

Any tips on Ayutthaya would also be great as i know very little about it. We have booked 2 rooms at Ampo Residence for the night and plan on hiring a car once in Bangkok.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    The best way to describe Ayuttaya is a rectangle island with a river surrounding all 4 sides...... This area would be equivellant to 6 MCG's (so really not that big) so you will find it fairly easy to get around... There are a few historical sites on the otherside of the river but most are within the rectangle.... There is a fake floating Market on the outskirts of town that sells the usual drab, you can get elephant rides and photos with tigers (IMO not a big loss if you don't make it) though they do have some good places to eat at here... Sorry forgot to give you my map the other night...
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    all good i totally forgot about it as well. I have seen a few maps but there seems to be so many things to look at, just did not know which ones are worth seeing.