Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Where to stay in Udon Thani (City)

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Where to stay in Udon Thani (City)

As most of you know I am getting married next year at Noy's house, 30 mins out of Udon Thani. I have had a few of my family and friends ask me where is good to stay. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good Hotel in the middle of all the action in Udon Thani. Most people who are coming are either first or second timers to Thailand so a Village stay is just not an option for them. IMO staying in a "semi-touristy" area is a better place for the guest's to stay any way.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I have an Udon tourist book... I'll try hunt it out!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

G4, which direction is Noi's baan, east of Udon? Off the #22? If so, NB Hotel is near the ring road intersection.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

I should qualify the above recommendation ... NB is not in the centre of town, but as you probably realise, Udon's centre doesn't have much to offer. Therefore, NB may be ideal as it's modern and clean with a superb restaurant and all city or other destinations are easily reached via taxi or hire car.

Linky here > Thailand - Recommended hotels in northern Isaan
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    As most of you know I am getting married next year at Noy's house, 30 mins out of Udon Thani. I have had a few of my family and friends ask me where is good to stay. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good Hotel in the middle of all the action in Udon Thani. Most people who are coming are either first or second timers to Thailand so a Village stay is just not an option for them. IMO staying in a "semi-touristy" area is a better place for the guest's to stay any way.
    G on the road west to Nong Bua Lumphu, just west of the Ring road link there is a Village resort, cant miss it on the right as you head west. I will check it when the ship comes in but for the same reasons as you, it caught my eye. Easy access from the airport and right on the main road into Udon.

BTW we will stay there or the Ban Chiang homestay. Actually looking from the road, get family to scout it and get name, it will fill both of our needs...

Either that or scout Ban Chiang and contacts, give me some figures, my Family (Mooks deceased father's) would cash in on it for a good price for us..... Ban Chiang is less traffic but similar distance to your in laws...
    Last edited by Spot; 27th May 2012 at 21:44.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    G4, which direction is Noi's baan, east of Udon? Off the #22? If so, NB Hotel is near the ring road intersection.
    She is East of Udon on the 22 (Nong Han area)