Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Accom. in Khon Kaen

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

Accom. in Khon Kaen

Any recommendations on accommodation in Khon Kaen? Think I might splurge and stay at the Pullman (is that the former Sofitel?).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Have a nice family 17 Km out of town. You may have to pump the water out to flush the loo. The Pullmen is nice. Yes the old sofitel. If you want to go budget and get a suite The kaen inn for around the same price. Next door is a karaoke bar with nice hostesses that will welcome you. Help you back to the room.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Stayed in top hotel B~ something in central KK but nothing to really do or see so booked next 2 nights at the Rachawadee Oasis Resort between Uni and Airport ... wow, that is one hell of a place! Fabulous modern buildings and all timber Restaurant set among lake and rain-forest like grounds. ~ 10mins from City.

Highly recommended.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Yes
    I have stayed at the Glacier before,ultra modern,very clean,city centre,4star,agoda have on special for about 1400 that's about halve price.i was with my gf ,so do not know their joiner policy.

I found the decor a bit cool for my taste,but immaculately done.place looked quite new.

Great recommendations, thanks guys.

Think I will stay at the Pullman, seems to be set amoungst the centre of the nightlife there and quite reasonably priced for a 5 Star Hotel, Fa may join me there also.

I ended up staying at both hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    I have stayed at the Glacier before,ultra modern,very clean,city centre,4star,agoda have on special for about 1400 that's about halve price.i was with my gf ,so do not know their joiner policy.

I found the decor a bit cool for my taste,but immaculately done.place looked quite new.
    I liked the decor, a little hard to find tho' if new to the city, but close to well known Rad Disco. I did grab a girl from one of the local bars (Eric's Bar), no joiner fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    Think I will stay at the Pullman, seems to be set amoungst the centre of the nightlife there and quite reasonably priced for a 5 Star Hotel, Fa may join me there also.
    Very central and great price for a 5 Star Hotel, bars, nightclubs and soapies right nearby.

Here's a pic of the Pullman;

DSCF1091.jpgDSCF1088.jpgDSCF1089.jpg

Rad Disco (lhs of pic) and bars as seen from the Glacier Hotel;

DSCF1064.jpgDSCF1065.jpg