Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Koh Chang

Newby

Koh Chang

I'am thinking of heading to Koh Chang after Sihanoukvile, any suggestions to getting there from Sihanoukvile ? and what is best beach & hotels (up to $50 a night) to stay at in Koh Chang , near bars nightlife P4P, areas ? any thoughts much appreciated,i will do a google search now

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    White Sands is supposed to have the most bars and nightlife but I was not that taken with it ... too much like Khao Sahn Road by the sea when I was there a couple of years ago ... there are small beer bars at most of the other beaches ... we stayed down the island a bit at Klong Prao beach
    ************Chai Chet Resort Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates**************

Songtaews are cheap enough and your motor bike hire is around 200baht a day.

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    White Sands is supposed to have the most bars and nightlife but I was not that taken with it ... too much like Khao Sahn Road by the sea when I was there a couple of years ago ... there are small beer bars at most of the other beaches ... we stayed down the island a bit at Klong Prao beach
    ************Chai Chet Resort Koh Chang (Trad) Thailand - Best discount hotel rates**************

Songtaews are cheap enough and your motor bike hire is around 200baht a day.

Enjoy...
    Would you recommend it for a few days on a 2 week adventure?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Would you recommend it for a few days on a 2 week adventure?
    For someone who has "been there and done that" a few times in BKK, Patts and Phuket already - yes.

I really enjoyed it there but it is quiet compared to most of the main tourist places.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    It's a fair journey for just a few days, particularly if only holidaying for a couple of weeks.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Maybe skip Koh Chang. After Snoopy go to Koh Rong, then head straight to Pattaya and work your way up from there.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's a fair journey for just a few days, particularly if only holidaying for a couple of weeks.
    Agree, it is more a 4 night Min. IMO to see the place and have a relax. There are mini full moon type parties at different locations (If that's your thing). You will hear the speaker car going round and round the island to which resort it is held at.

I have stayed on Koh Chang many many times and is one of my favourite places.

Night life as in P4P is there but limited. But then again i have not really every investigated.555555

"Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    You can get there pretty easily from Snooky via Trat with a bus land border crossing on the same day if you get up early

Chang is a naturally beautiful island with loads of water sports available......however as has been said not a lot of P4P activity there...but there is some

its a good place to take the wife/GF or GFE for a few days holiday

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I was just there 2 weeks ago, and there were plenty of bars along White Sand Beach, but none looked overly busy, tho there were quite a number of girls to be seen, some quite decent looking as well. I didn't venture much to that side of the road, however, as my TG held my arm firmly and steered me to the other side of the street! 555

Actually, the reason for that was that was Songkran while we were there, and the bargirls were very active with hurling buckets of water on anyone passing by on their side of the road. Even being on the far sidewalk, one girl still ran out between traffic and tried to hurl a bucket at us, but her aim was way off! 555

I would not say to skip it, but it is a lot of trouble for only 2 days. We went for 4, and I was wishing we had a week, as I loved it and did not want to leave.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    There is a trip report under the L1 trip report section titled Koh Chang if you want some perspective of what it takes to get there.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    There is a trip report under the L1 trip report section titled Koh Chang if you want some perspective of what it takes to get there.
    here you go ThaiSabai... http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...ports/3067.htm
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Koh Chang - with an extra 4500 cars on the island (plus ? another 1000+ on 31st?) . . . the joys of New Year!
    Nothing like getting away from it all.

Police reported that ferries carried 4500 cars to Koh Chang Saturday 28 - Monday 30 December 2013.
    Traffic jams, impatient drivers, dangerous overtaking.
    Thairath

Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Ko Chang (Trat province) is just 60km from us, but gets so much more rainfall.
    Trat in August - average 1098mm rain
    Chanthaburi - 513mm; where we are, nearer the Chan coast - 251mm

Runoff wipes out homes on Ko Chang

TRAT, Sept 8 -- Heavy rains last night caused devastating runoff in two sub-districts of Ko Chang, a popular tourist destination in this province.
    Five villages in Ko Chang Tai sub-district are cut off from the outside as deep flooding impedes residents from leaving their homes.
    The heaviest impact was in Ban Than Mayom village. A huge runoff from Than Mayom waterfall wiped out many houses.
    Three workers of an ice factory were carried away by the surging waters. Two were rescued, but searchers continue looking for the third.
    In Ko Chang sub-district on the other side of the island, runoff gushed through Khlong Son canal flooding houses, roads and Ban Khlong Son School with 40-50 centimeters of water.

EDIT: Update from Bangkok Post
    Work gangs were cleaning up on Koh Chang, repairing bridges and washed-out roads on Monday, after the resort island was hit by flash floods following torrential rain on Sunday night.
    The hardest hit areas were Hat Sai Khao and Than Mayom villages. Ban Hat Sai Khao was still being battered by flowing water up to 30 centimetres deep, after it rose to more than one metre on Sunday night.
    One Cambodian worker was confirmed to have died in the flood, and 50 houses, a few resorts, one car and several bridges were damaged.
    In tambon Koh Chang Tai, all five villages were heavily flooded and the residents were unable to leave their houses. All roads were impassable to vehicles.
    In tambon Koh Chang on the other side of the island, a flash flood swept through Khlong Son village and inundated houses, roads and Ban Khlong Son School, leaving them swamped with 40-50cm deep water.
    At Hat Sai Khao village, the road passing KC Grand Koh Chang Hotel, a 7-Eleven convenience store and Ban Pu Koh Chang Hotel was about 60cm under water.
    Last edited by Hatari; 8th September 2014 at 21:38.