Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koh Samui

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Koh Samui

Other then Swimming, Drink and Girls what are some thingd you would recommend to do on The Island?

I am staying in Chaweng for 2 nights and Lamai for 2 nights as well and just looking for some things that I should go and look at

I stayed at the Lamai Wanta Resort Samui Thailand - Best discount hotel rates for 5 days last November. But I just did the pool, beach (nice long beach to walk along) evening entertainment thing.

I preferred Lamai to Chaweng as more laid back. But both resorts are laid back compared to Pattaya or Patong.

We are staying there as well. It looked very nice on the sites we saw it on. In Chaweng we are staying at Ark Bar.
    I think Chaweng we will party and prepare for the FMP then after that may relax a little a Lamai

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    We are staying there as well. It looked very nice on the sites we saw it on. In Chaweng we are staying at Ark Bar.
    I think Chaweng we will party and prepare for the FMP then after that may relax a little a Lamai
    Both good party towns. Lamai has a more old time feel... probably has more girlie bars actually, but Chaweng has many more shops and restaurants and bars/clubs. The Irish Bar with a live band in Lamai is good. And there are a lot of bars/restaurants on the beach which adds to the dusk feeling... you'll enjoy both I'm sure.

I am sure we will have a ball, I have never been to Samui so thats why we went 2 nights at each. I think lamai will be a recovery session after the FMP

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    If you are staying at the Ark Bar G4orce make sure you have an evening meal on the beach at the Ark Bar, Wed and Sunday I think are the most popular and they have beach entertainment etc, get a table on the beach, your TG will love the food there and fairly cheap. Have your camera ready at the airport as it is different to most airports you would of been to

Close to town go up to Wat Khao Hua Chuk, its near town and its a temple on top of a hill, overlooks airport on one side and Chaweng on the other, good view of the island and not far by taxi. stay in taxi after there and go to the Big Buddha, very popular for tourists, make sure you see all the statues near the Big Buddha, there are a few

Halfway from Chaweng to Lamai you can go a lookout on the side of the road, if you get a clear day it is beautiful view overlooking the ocean. Near Lamai is the grandmother/Grandfather rocks, just go and have a look and you will see where their name came from. The Mummified Monk is down near near Lamai and is interesting for history.

I like to get a taxi(plenty speak good english, I like aircond cars, not the ute type) and negotiate a halfday rate and do the sightseeing, usually afternoons as most TG's cant get up to early 555, or get on the back of a motorbike with the TG and go for a look.

Plenty of good restaurants in both places and you are not allowed to get sick 5555

Mrs M.
    Other then Swimming, Drink and Girls what are some thingd you would recommend to do on The Island?

I am staying in Chaweng for 2 nights and Lamai for 2 nights as well and just looking for some things that I should go and look at
    It is kind of embarrasing for a Thai person. I never been to Koh Samui , when I was working TH, what I did was work and tried to live on with my cute little salary. And after married we mostly go to Phuket, BKK, Pattaya, Koh chang (Trad province). We will make our way there one day, won't we Mr M.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    It is kind of embarrasing for a Thai person. I never been to Koh Samui , when I was working TH, what I did was work and tried to live on with my cute little salary. And after married we mostly go to Phuket, BKK, Pattaya, Koh chang (Trad province). We will make our way there one day, won't we Mr M.
    I can hear Mr M booking the flights as we speak 5555555

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Plenty of good restaurants in both places and you are not allowed to get sick 5555
    I will be very careful this tome around. I think next trip I will be too over-cautious, or if I am not I am sure Noy will be 555
    Also thanks for all the info I will look into it. I like the idea of dinner on the beach (as long as there is not a strong wind :S)
    5555 hint hint. I will be sure to post some photos. Noy has not been either as well as she has never been to Phi Phi Islands. She wants to go when I come back in June, but I have been twice and don't really want to head back again.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I will be very careful this tome around. I think next trip I will be too over-cautious, or if I am not I am sure Noy will be 555
    Also thanks for all the info I will look into it. I like the idea of dinner on the beach (as long as there is not a strong wind :S)
    Maybe stick to KFC and Maccas 5555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Maybe stick to KFC and Maccas 5555
    Can't go to LOS and not eat Thai food, I will just be careful and only eat in restaurants (even though thats how I got sick 555)

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I can hear Mr M booking the flights as we speak 5555555
    hu hu hu I hope not, my schedule nearly full this year

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Gee, I'm sorry for the oversight......:thanks..:

but you did not mention your other "married" travel to date in the places outside Thailand - KL, Penang, Singapore and three trips to Bali plus Sydney, Melbourne and country Victoria as well.

So now, let me check the calendar for the rest of this year - Melbourne, Country Victoria, Thailand (3 times minimum), Europe and England.......December? for Koh Samui but that means 4 trips to LOS and bumping Ko Chang way back till at least February 2012

Next year I'll try to do better......555

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

hu hu hu I hope not, my schedule nearly full this year
    I cant believe your husband has never taken you to Samui Mrs M.

I think after all the travel he is making you do this year you will need to relax on holiday in Samui next year, sounds like Febuary 2012 it is, dont forget to do trip report

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Both good party towns. Lamai has a more old time feel... probably has more girlie bars actually
    I would of thought Chaweng would have more girlie bars DP, havent counted them, most are on the road out to the Reggae Club across the lake, did you venture out that way after 10pm, fun walk, even with your own TG

I would of thought Chaweng would have more girlie bars DP, havent counted them, most are on the road out to the Reggae Club across the lake, did you venture out that way after 10pm, fun walk, even with your own TG
    I only saw the area near the Green Mango? Or whatever that nightclub is called... I didn't know about that other area.... my bad.

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Gee, I'm sorry for the oversight......:thanks..:

but you did not mention your other "married" travel to date in the places outside Thailand - KL, Penang, Singapore and three trips to Bali plus Sydney, Melbourne and country Victoria as well.

So now, let me check the calendar for the rest of this year - Melbourne, Country Victoria, Thailand (3 times minimum), Europe and England.......December? for Koh Samui but that means 4 trips to LOS and bumping Ko Chang way back till at least February 2012

Next year I'll try to do better......555, ...
    Enjoy
    ohhh shut...it.., I am talking only in TH. you don't have to tell everyone what we do.

Don't you dare book anymore without give me a notice. 5555

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I only saw the area near the Green Mango? Or whatever that nightclub is called... I didn't know about that other area.... my bad.
    I like mango, but Green mango sound good. oh Are we talking about mango?

Okay, okay I am going

Mrs M.
    I cant believe your husband has never taken you to Samui Mrs M.

I think after all the travel he is making you do this year you will need to relax on holiday in Samui next year, sounds like Febuary 2012 it is, dont forget to do trip report
    We will sure do (TR) if we make it there

I like mango, but Green mango sound good. oh Are we talking about mango?

Okay, okay I am going
    I love Mango smoothies... mmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast