Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rivo

Thread: Santiburi Hill Climb View Point

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Santiburi Hill Climb View Point

Here is a very challenging hillclimb for the scooter riders, I advise beginners do not try to attempt to go here, especially if you have a passenger on board, you wont make it. I did this two up on the Forza 300(Yeah I know im not a small fella 555) and at times I thought it was going to stop. Once you get to the peak the views are magnificent. I followed my friend the frenchman in his Toyota Vigo who said I would not get to the top on the scooter, much to his surprise we made it, he has been here many times in 4wd. Also be very careful decending this hill as my brakes got very hot and I was taking it very steady, aswell as some sand on the concrete road which was slippery.

Start by going to the Santiburi Country Club - SANTIBURI BEACH RESORT, Golf & SPA,12/12 Moo 1, Maenam Beach, Koh Samui. Dont turn into the Golf Club, follow the road straight past their entrance and this road follows the boundary fence of the Golf Course and heads to the hills behind, after about 5 mins of riding to the back of the Golf Club you will think the road has ended, it will look like this....................

Just take it steady and straddle the ruts on this unsealed bit of road, its only about 100m then your back to the concrete road, not sure why they havent done this bit of road. From here it will look like this............

From here the road goes up, and I mean up, so throttle on from here 555 About 3/4 of the way up this steep steep climb there is a lookout area on your right where you can swing in to the open flat area and look out over Mae Nam......

From there carry on heading up the hill, very challanging for the scooter 555 and once you get to the top the road winds around abit past some Thai Shacks who give you a smile and laugh. Must only go for about 1km and you guessed it the road ends, Thai's arnt big on culdesacs or turning points, this road just stops 555 It needs a big sign TBC 555

Now turn around and go down the hill, like I mentioned go very steady, as most would know it is very hard to capture a photo of the decline of a hill, believe me its steep, here is the way back.....................

obes likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Hopefully you make it back down the hill OK, I recommend go into the Country Club and follow the road through the greens which look great, all the way to the club rooms where you are welcomed to the bar area, the views are great and the buildings magnificent. I dont play golf but if i did I would wanna have a game here, heres a few photos...............................

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Great pics Riv want to go and ride a pushy up that.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Great pics Riv want to go and ride a pushy up that.

I think the result will be this Wabbits.................................

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Looks great,Santiburi know how to do golf courses.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 7th September 2013 at 13:17.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I think the result will be this Wabbits.................................

Think so but hey would be worth it.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    its a great golf course lew...challenging but fair...lots of risk and reward..but always a bale out area....great pics Rivo...not such fun coming down thou 5555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I played that course sometime back whilst on holidays...its about 6K baht ($200) a round now so i haven't played since I have lived here

I tried that road too Gav...didn't make that one either...had to turn back 555

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I tried that road too Gav...didn't make that one either...had to turn back 555

555 How far up did you get Nels ?, i would like to try a PCX 150 by myself and see if I make it 555

BTW this one is way steeper than our Long Driveway Challenge in that Moobaan 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ think i`ve got the right machine for that challenge
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^^ maybe midway between the look out and shacks Gav...not sure as I never saw the shacks 555

actually I could have gone on as i could have on the moo ban challenge but my PCX was struggling more than I liked on both occasions

I'd say a geared geared scoot like the Honda Wave fuel injected 125 would probably do it OK