Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BKK Air early flight from Samui

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

BKK Air early flight from Samui

There is a 6am flight from Samui to BKK on Bangkok Air

Has anyone ever taken that and have you ever had any experience with them possibly cancelling the flight because it is so early?

I'd have a tight connection to my Mumbai flight so would be screwed if they cancelled it.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ If its a week day I would say its probably quite a busy flight with business people heading up to BKK for a full business day...and of course other tourists like yourself with connecting flights

Bit of a cr@p hour to be flying though...4am-ish wake-up....I'm just getting my first round of REMs around then....but I guess you are used to that 555

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ If its a week day I would say its probably quite a busy flight with business people heading up to BKK for a full business day...and of course other tourists like yourself with connecting flights

Bit of a cr@p hour to be flying though...4am-ish wake-up....I'm just getting my first round of REMs around then....but I guess you are used to that 555
    It is a Sunday, you think ok?
    Actually a Sunday may have lots of tourist heading out
    The hour doesn't bother me..........go to bed at 12am, up at 4am..........more than enough for me

I could take a later flight but doing this gets me into Mumbai at 1pm instead of 6pm
    I always prefer waking up and getting going on the last day somewhere than laying around until mid day

no guarantees from me....except to say that BKK Airways are not a cheapie airline and are not known for "consolidating" flights when not fully booked...

but on the other hand....does getting into Mumbai at 1pm give you any great advantage over 6pm...what will you do with that extra time realistically...If it were me its a no brainer...later flight...but I'm a pm person rather than an am man like you 555

no guarantees from me....except to say that BKK Airways are not a cheapie airline and are not known for "consolidating" flights when not fully booked...

but on the other hand....does getting into Mumbai at 1pm give you any great advantage over 6pm...what will you do with that extra time realistically...If it were me its a no brainer...later flight...but I'm a pm person rather than an am man like you 555
    I like to get into a new place in the day to get the lay of the land
    And I am only in Mumbai for 2 days so want to get as much time as I can

Thanks for the info Nels

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Ive caught that flight before, like Nels says its an early wake up. I have not heard of them cancelling flights due to low numbers of passengers, especially to Bangkok. I took a flight with them a few years ago from Pattaya to Samui and there was about 30 passengers.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Ive caught that flight before, like Nels says its an early wake up. I have not heard of them cancelling flights due to low numbers of passengers, especially to Bangkok. I took a flight with them a few years ago from Pattaya to Samui and there was about 30 passengers.
    all the lowest fares on the flight are taken so gives me an indication there is decent amount of people booked already

Thanks
    bacwaan likes this.

was just coming back in here to say have a monitor of fare pricing...always a good barometer on how sales/passenger numbers are doing

I was taking a look myself for around that time

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    was just coming back in here to say have a monitor of fare pricing...always a good barometer on how sales/passenger numbers are doing

One other thing, I used to do was monitor seat selection, I don't know if that plight has it or not.

What I used to do was go thru a booking up to the select preferred seat so I could figure roughly how many tickets were gone, then cancel the operation.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

On a related note

It seems BKK Airways have checked through agreements with a lot of airlines.

So I am flying Jet Airways to Mumbai and I can check my bag all the way through and also clear exit customs in Samui

I did not know any if

of that so makes my decision to take the early flight for sure now

Cadet Gold
    Maybe the 6am flight will be more popular than you think. That gets into Bangkok in time for late morning international flights that will arrive early evening the same day.

I always get the 9am flight for my 12 noon Thai Airways departure but i can see why 'safer' people would go for the earlier one.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar

when ever i check fairs on bkk airways they are always the same nels....(samui - phuket)...am i doing something wrong...must be

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Maybe the 6am flight will be more popular than you think. That gets into Bangkok in time for late morning international flights that will arrive early evening the same day.

I always get the 9am flight for my 12 noon Thai Airways departure but i can see why 'safer' people would go for the earlier one.
    I emailed BKK Airways and they were very prompt getting back

They confirmed that they can check me in and check my bags through to Mumbai on Jet Airways........so I am checked-in all the way through in Samui to Mumbai

They also confirmed that Immigration is open to coincide with all their flights

You just need a connection more than 1hr05mins

So good to go

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    when ever i check fairs on bkk airways they are always the same nels....(samui - phuket)...am i doing something wrong...must be
    Nope....USM-HKT very rarely changes from 3100 baht (+ Tax) all year round...whereas USM-BKK can is normally around 4800 + Tax but can go down to 3800 and up to 8K+

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I am I right when I think there is only 1 airline that operates that route? That might explain the prices, if, I am indeed, right?
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

^ yep Dave..only BKK Airways fly that route....

still...its not so bad at 3K compared to the 5K we have to pay (usually) to get to BKK...even though Thai fly that as well...let's just say that is a cosey arrangement as the only other alternative is to ferry/coach/fly from Surat Thani or Nakhon si Thammarat on Air Asia which is typically 1800 baht but takes 5+ hours

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Nope....USM-HKT very rarely changes from 3100 baht (+ Tax) all year round...whereas USM-BKK can is normally around 4800 + Tax but can go down to 3800 and up to 8K+
    thanks you had me worried nels..btw i love the flight from phuket to samui..just 45 min..but the best part is seeing the look on fellow passengers faces when they realize that they are flying on a plane with propellers 55555...you can tell the newbies they are all taking pics of the plane ... have great art on there planes ....

Bangkok air is my fav airline....

Bangkok air is my fav airline....
    My email communication with them has been prompt and very professional
    Their written English is perfect

Also flying with 3 new airlines this time
    ANA
    Korean Air (rated 2nd or 3rd for economy class)
    Jet Airways to Mumbai

Always interesting flying new airlines

my flying experiences with BKK Airways have always been pleasant...their service is great..however when you live here (Samui) you soon realise that they do hold you hostage on the price of flights with their cartel (including Thai)....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Only issue is their policy re showing the credit card on check-in, which is a sh!t when you are not travelling together. Main issue is inconsistent application of the "rules", but TiT.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast