Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Quick hello to the forum

Quick hello to the forum

Hi Guys just heard about this forum so thought i'd pop in and take a look. Recognise a few board names from PI and some new ones to boot.

Can never have too many sources of info for the LOS

Cheers for now...
    MWM

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Wttb mwm...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    WTTB,
    Good to see you found us, how did you...just out of interest to see how people are finding us.

Looking forward to your input as well.

Cheers,
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    WTTB,
    Good to see you found us, how did you...just out of interest to see how people are finding us.

Looking forward to your input as well.

Cheers,
    One of the BM's off the other forum is a member here also and it came about through a PM conversation..... I knew another forum had been started but had no idea about its name.....

Anyways I found you now so god help ya !!!! 55555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Welcome MWM with a avatar like that you are most welcome maybe some motogp banter.
    Different than PI and not really in competition at all.
    make yourself at home.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    WTTB MWM, by your location it looks like we have another Expat on board, I think that makes a total of 2 now 555. You are one of the lucky ones

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    WTTB MW, keep us informed re your GPS as I have been reading that post over the road, and also getting advise from KR, as I need to purchase one soon, especially with some driving in BKK coming up.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Welcome MWM.
    You should liven up a few discussions 555.
    I am no-one in Australia and a VIP in Thailand. I pick the latter.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Welcome to the board MWM.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Thanks for the welcomes guys, funnily enough I recognise all the BM names who replied, so home from home really!!

As you can tell from my avatar and as many of you will know, bikes are my passion so always up for bike talk whatever it may be but i promise not to be too harsh on the little aussie bloke!!! 55555

Location down as Phuket but actually in UK at the moment but hoping to return in November. Will be getting married to my lovely Bee in her home town of Khon Kaen so a road trip is in order hence taking some good advice and learning more about GPS from KaptainRob. We'll return to Phuket and then fly up to Chiang Mai for our Honeymoon and see the boys up there for a couple of weeks and take a look around. Been in Phuket 6 years already and had enough of the place TBH so we've decided that CM could be the next place to settle.....

I was always the guy who said was never getting married and certainly never having kids A work driven bloke with any spare time directed towards riding bikes, drinking piss and sh@ggin birds........ then one day i woke up and realised i was 40 and suddenly my perception of life all went out the window !!! 55555 No worries though.....its all good.....2 outta 3 aint bad 5555
    PatongBeachBoy and vanguy77 like this.

6 years in Phuket sounds like a long time, you will be a valuable BM here... Good luck with the wedding, love to hear about it...
    If you dont mind me asking, how long ago was 40 for you?
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 20th September 2011 at 18:00.

Good to see you here Simon. Congrats on the Garmin buy.... my son trawls eBay and often gets a bargain.... eg: 3 month old SAECO fully auto coffee machine @ AUD$80 for example.... unfcukingbelievable.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    6 years in Phuket sounds like a long time, you will be a valuable BM here... Good luck with the wedding, love to hear about it...
    If you dont mind me asking, how long ago was 40 for you?
    I'm 41 now and my birthday is November 3rd so fast approaching 42.... Really don't give a rats about my age as its just a number and doesn't bear any resemblance as to how i live my life. I can be grown up when it matters but most of the time just living my life same as early 20's except with more money !!!! 55555

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Good to see you here Simon. Congrats on the Garmin buy.... my son trawls eBay and often gets a bargain.... eg: 3 month old SAECO fully auto coffee machine @ AUD$80 for example.... unfcukingbelievable.
    Hi Rob, yeah the Garmin 205W came this morning and it was all boxed up without a mark on it. Also all the leads, case, mount inc home charger and USB lead. The guy described it as like new and it was like unpacking a new one with extras so i'm chuffed to bits and all for a bargain 55 quid !!!! Just got to buy an SD card which i'll also buy off ebay or Amazon for peanuts, just have to find out how big a memory card it will take and recognise....

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I was planning to load Thai maps onto my navman as i have been told it is possible or would it be just as easy from a smart phone?
    For nav around LOS in Feb.

I got by from north to south with my Iphone maps.... I would have been lost with out it!!! literally 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I got by from north to south with my Iphone maps.... I would have been lost with out it!!! literally 555
    What was your phone bill like when you returned ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

I used a local sim... but as i'm with telstra I had to buy a chip that sits behind the sim card to unlock it

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Hey MWM ! welcome !!!! Great to see you here andlooking forward to your imput !

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Welcome from me too MWM. Oh another wedding, how exciting 5555

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    WTTB Master, there seems to be alot of BM's wanting to relocate to CM, I have been there twice now and I can see why, some great riding through the countryside.

What bike do ride now ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast