Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Getting car Learners licence hand book translated in thai

fratech68

Getting car Learners licence hand book translated in thai

Can anyone help me ? I have my thai wife in Australia now & i would like her to get her learners permit so that she can eventually get her drivers licence .However her english is limited & her reading ability is also limited. does anybody know of a translated version in thai or some other way. I have looked on the RTA site & they have other languages but not thai. has any one gone through the same road as i .

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Depends what state your in!... I know that the RTA in Melborne offer a translation service.

Maybe try the Thai embassy in your state or even Canberra

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I would call into the nearest RTA and ask for their help and advice, I would think they get a lot of non English speaking clients.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

fratech68
    in nsw i have spoke to them but they dont have thai

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fratech68 View Post
    in nsw i have spoke to them but they dont have thai
    Would it be helpful to have a Thai version from another state? I know the testing is different in every state but I am sure there is the same info in each book.

Another option (maybe not the easiest) wait until your TG goes home and get her to get her licence in LOS then transfer it to an Aussie licence... I belive they have to wait a year before it can be an International licence but with Learners thsn P's way it can take a long time. I recently paid for my GF to get her licence in Udon Thani. was a 6 day course where they taught her the basics of driving then she had to sit the licence test. She was told in a years time she can go back a sit the test to make it an international licence where she can drive in Australia. You will have to look into it but she may not need an International licence to just transfer it directly to an Aussie licence...

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Would it be helpful to have a Thai version from another state? I know the testing is different in every state but I am sure there is the same info in each book.

Another option (maybe not the easiest) wait until your TG goes home and get her to get her licence in LOS then transfer it to an Aussie licence... I belive they have to wait a year before it can be an International licence but with Learners thsn P's way it can take a long time. I recently paid for my GF to get her licence in Udon Thani. was a 6 day course where they taught her the basics of driving then she had to sit the licence test. She was told in a years time she can go back a sit the test to make it an international licence where she can drive in Australia. You will have to look into it but she may not need an International licence to just transfer it directly to an Aussie licence...
    I think the majority of Thais on Aussie roads do it this way instead of trying to interpret not just our language but our rules as well!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Get a copy of the book in electronic form. Copy and paste each page into Bing translator, convert to thai.
    print it for her to study.
    Buy her an electronic translator, there around $80 - 100. Not just for the licence, but for everyday use, they are invaluable.
    Check with the RTA that she can use it at the test, as they haven't got Thai documents.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"