Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Hello to all.

singhma

Hello to all.

Hello. I found this forum by accident and have enjoyed reading the posts.
    I am Australian with a Thai wife and daughter..Back in Aussie to finish up work then retiring in Thailand..We live in a Village on the wifes land, grow everything, raise fish and live off wifes land..All our own produce.
    Our costs are very low..around 8000 baht per month.which includes Diesel , elect, water is free..wife does not like wasting money..
    We have two houses on the land..which we built ourselves with local labour helping.

Have a great day..

Singhma

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Welcome Singhma... where's the village?, and how long have you lived there?
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Welcome from another newbie.

singhma
    Hello PatongBeachBoy,
    Thank you for the welcome..
    We are situated about 70km from Nakhon Ratchasima..and I have lived there about 6 years off and on..wife all her life..

Have a great day
    Singhma

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by singhma View Post
    Hello PatongBeachBoy,
    Thank you for the welcome..
    We are situated about 70km from Nakhon Ratchasima..and I have lived there about 6 years off and on..wife all her life..

Have a great day
    Singhma
    WTTB Singhma looking forward to your contibution and foresight for us looking to head down your path one day. May I ask how you met your wife ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    WTTB Singhma

Your boardname reminds me of a beer in Thailand 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    WTTB Singhma

Your boardname reminds me of a beer in Thailand 555
    It's a car that runs on beer
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

singhma
    Hello and more thanks..
    Arliss, I met my wife in Lumpini Park, end of Silom Road BKK..I went for a walk around the park and was looking at the Big Lizards swimming in the water.just started chatting..mixture of Thai and English..wife was on lunch break from work..We then went to Svensens for a icecream...and Fuji for dinner..wife loves Japanese food.
    Boardname is one of our dogs name...he does not mind.

Singhma

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by singhma View Post
    Hello and more thanks..
    Arliss, I met my wife in Lumpini Park, end of Silom Road BKK..I went for a walk around the park and was looking at the Big Lizards swimming in the water.just started chatting..mixture of Thai and English..wife was on lunch break from work..We then went to Svensens for a icecream...and Fuji for dinner..wife loves Japanese food.
    Boardname is one of our dogs name...he does not mind.

Singhma
    My TGF and I, first meeting, Svensons for Ice Cream , same same 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    WTTB Singhma,
    I'm sure you will have a lot of beneficial information and story's to tell.

Sounds like your doing well with the land and 2 houses set up, very self sufficient.

Is you wife and daughter here as well, or are you just back to tidy loose ends and then back to the village?
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Welcome To The B? Sorry forgot the last bit. You are probably overwhelmed by the welcomes, I have only been active since my engagement in Isaan in October, so a newbie as well. You have enterred like a youth hostel user who has been on the road for more than six months, ie you are where most of us are heading. So we will definitely be wanting to learn from your experience. Networking and expanding our like minded families. You are amongst freinds who have a common goal. You wil sort the chaff from the wheat, I am still guided by longer term members. When you get the time let us know what you are up to and how you got there.

Regards Spot (Still a newbie)

singhma
    Hello...thanks justcruizin1..
    The wife had some of her land already..we just added to it..when the land prices were lower..
    The first house we built ..wife thatched the roof took 1 month working till midnight..she wanted to and said it is cooler..which it is by heaps..
    Second house is my design and has a more modern look ...not huge just to suit needs..if you do the work youself..costs are a lot lower...we paid about 6000 baht in wages..A lot of that was for the rendering..which I am no good at..
    Family worked as well helping with a lot of labouring..
    Wife is in village..does not want to go "everywhere " as she puts it..the land takes 7 days a week to tend..
    We travel everywhere in Asia ..but not to Western countries..long story..

Have a good day
    Singhma

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    WTTB Singo great bunch of people here that draw from each other. Pull up a pew and look forward to your contributions.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

singhma
    Hello sure is friendly,
    Spot...the best advice I could ever give anybody is what I learnt myself..
    When I first went to the Village to meet the family long ago..I said to my wife..not wife then..to stop taking me to places where you think I will like..Where do you go and eat.So we did..I sleep on the floor.sit on a matt and eat have cold shower.do everything the same as everybody else..I stopped drinking bottle water years ago ..when I saw no one else did..eat off the street..never been sick,ever.I really like the lifestyle and peace..We go to the market at 3am once a week for beef.chicken and pork..and some other stores..1 kg of each..we not eat a lot of meat ..a lot more fish..our living costs are very low..Land rates are 1300 baht a year.But we have a bed now..and a tv..I watch movies sometime or just Thai TV..
    I guess I adapted to my surroundings very easy..

Have a good day

Singhma

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Welcome Singhma many thanks that you have decided to give us all a chance have heard and seen the caining that you can get when posting elsewhere...Not here!
    Make yourself at home and look forward to more of your input.

W.
    G4orce likes this.

singhma
    Thank you Wabbits..
    Everyone seems very friendly..not judgemental..a pleasure to read a lot of the Forum posts..
    I think it is how a Forum should be...thank you everyone..

Singhma

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Welcome Singhma many thanks that you have decided to give us all a chance have heard and seen the caining that you can get when posting elsewhere...Not here!
    Make yourself at home and look forward to more of your input.

W.
    And where would that be Wabbs same same or off the beaten track?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    And where would that be Wabbs same same or off the beaten track?
    A very beaten track.555555
    Come to think of it this forum only really came about over the actions of others on an other forum..
    So i understand what singhma is saying.
    Free and fair speech to all, robust or otherwise!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    WTTB mate, More and more expats joining everyday. I know I personally see the forum as a very close communitee full of some great info and has helped me so much in the past and happy to pass on knowledge to others in similar positions. We do not bite here but will tell you the truth and give our opinions.

I am sure you have pleanty of great stories to share. Where you from in Aust?

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    WTTB Singhma i am sure you fit in very well here . Its a great bunch of people !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast