Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mick
  • 1 Post By Mick

Thread: About time

About time

It's about time I introduced myself.

I joined this forum a while ago, but have dropped in only occasionally, and have only made the odd post. I have been more active on some other forums; Thailand (using different names) and motorcycles (using the same name on each forum). Those other Thai forums, to a greater or lesser extent seem to have revolve around the P4P scene. I like that this one, which seems to be more general in its content, and is probably more me.

I have lived and worked in Thailand's Issan and Southern regions off and on for more than a third of the past three decades, so speak Thai quite fluently. Visits between working stints have been breaks in journeys to catch up on old friends rather than tourism as such. Friendships with Thai people struck up during my Issan days have endured. I cannot say the same for the South, where I am for now. Expats feature more my social circles here.

Like probably most men (and the odd woman!) who have come to Thailand, I have dabbled in P4P. Each to their own, but like some others, I have found it is not really my thing. it is great for those who like to rack up the numbers and trying exotic things. I find what Trink used to call "a same sex relationship" more fulfilling...... The comfortable familiarity of being with the same woman, knowing what works. Being in a relationship works better for me.

That being said, I am not in a relationship right now; I have not been for a while, for better or worse. I have had a couple of serious relationships with Thai women, that for one reason and another didn't work out in the end.

I met the first when she was working (illegally, but successfully in horticulture despite having only basic English) in my own country. She could have been back there with me if she had been prepared to go about things the right way. Once she came back to Thailand I discovered she quite liked women, and the way things were going the relationship was unlikely to have passed inspection for immigration. Better to end that one. She has done ok, and now probably has more possessions than me. She still occasionally gets in touch, usually when she is a bit short of ready cash. Don't they all.

The other, who I met here, was from the south. It was a far more passionate relationship, and she would only speak English with me. We were together about four years, but she wanted more than what I could provide, and she wanted me to live in Thailand. In the end she hooked up with a "wealthy" man from Bangkok. It seemed she was after getting back together with me a few months later, but I had always said that if she got involved with someone else it would be a one way trip.
    Spot and bobless like this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    WTTB Mick

Great to have another expat on here, that lives in Thailand with what would seem a wealth of knowledge on all things Thai

Looking forward to having some of your input on the many subjects we talk about here.

What sorta of work do you do in Thailand if you don;t mind me asking....i am guessing teaching english with your perfectly typed OP...5555555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome Mick,
    Thanks for posting about yourself, and sorry about your breakups.

When you get your post count up you will have access to a lot more material.

Looking forward to your input and stories, I'm sure you have a wealth of experience.

Cheers,
    JC1
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Welcome Mick....
    Whats your country of origin?
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Hi Mick thanks for the comments look forward to your input i know you have much to add look forward to it.

W.

Welcome Mick, I only just joined myself, but been around on other forums for a while. What parts have you lived and where are you located now?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    WTTB Mick, happy to have you hear and look forward to reading ore about your times in LOS and life in general.
    I will be in LOS for Songkran and heading South (well Patong) for a bit of the stay. If interested and in the area would be happy to catch up and say hello

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    G'day Mick Welcome, Looking forward to your contributions.

What parts of Isaan did you live in?

Welcome to the board.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Once again, a bit slow in getting back, so looks like it will be the occasional drop in rather than a regular thing at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Welcome Mick,
    Thanks for posting about yourself, and sorry about your breakups.

When you get your post count up you will have access to a lot more material.

Looking forward to your input and stories, I'm sure you have a wealth of experience.

Cheers,
    JC1
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Hi Mick thanks for the comments look forward to your input i know you have much to add look forward to it.

W.
    Thanks... a bit to contribute from time to time, I guess, though probably not really stories. I doubt that I'll ever become a mega poster.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Welcome Mick....
    Whats your country of origin?
    Sorry if I am a bit coy about that at this stage, but it does sort of seem irrelevant. I have two passports, three nationalities, have lived and worked for at least two years in four different countries...... so perhaps naturally I am not particularly nationalistic. Few people pick the land of my birth from my accent. Outside of that, Thailand is where I have lived the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick351 View Post
    Welcome Mick, I only just joined myself, but been around on other forums for a while. What parts have you lived and where are you located now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    G'day Mick Welcome, Looking forward to your contributions.

What parts of Isaan did you live in?

Welcome to the board.
    Mainly Chaiyaphum and Korat, as well as Saraburi (central, but in the hills on the way to Isaan) so I speak central Thai rather than Lao.

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    WTTB Mick, happy to have you hear and look forward to reading ore about your times in LOS and life in general.
    I will be in LOS for Songkran and heading South (well Patong) for a bit of the stay. If interested and in the area would be happy to catch up and say hello
    Looks like I will be busy in Phuket mid April..... though frankly had hoped to take a break up to Isaan about that time! I'll be catching up with a quite a few old acquaintances, but will probably be too knackered to be tripping the night fantastic after fairly full on days. I am more "early bird" than "night owl" anyway.

Phuket is not a bad place for Songkran, it is just one day of pandemonium, which seems as it should be to me.
    Spot likes this.