Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Hello All, I'm returning to the land of smiles

Toby and Arada

Talking Hello All, I'm returning to the land of smiles

Hi All, I'm a newbie to your forum so I need to say hello. I've already received assistance from you in the form of the posts about wok burners. So I'm being a little cheeky in soliciting your help again, even as I introduce myself <3

I'm returning to the land of smiles after a break of 3 years. Reason being the economic screw up that left us all poor and ragged Arada (my wife) has not been happy about this (me neither) but has been stoic in the face adversity, looking after the family business. Not an easy task, up at 4am, sleep at 7pm, sometimes 7 days a week poor thing.

I've been trying to keep up with events via the net but I'm sure there's stuff that's not been available to me or that I'm too stupid to have found.

Is there anything I might need to know and does anyone have some suggestions of good places to take my long suffering Lover so she can have the holiday she deserves ?

Cheers in advance and happy days to all

Toby

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Welcome to the board T & A if we can be of any assistance we will.

Which part of Thailand were you heading to?

Toby and Arada
    Hi wabbits, Thank you.
    We're based in Bueng kan but we hover around Nong khai district in general.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Welcome to the board T&A, 3 year is a long time away from LOS but nothing major has happened. It will depend on where you are going and what you guys are looking for in the holiday. Am I correct in say Arada is Thai (Display Pic?)? If so where is she what part of Thailand is she from? Phuket seemed to be a lot busier and has a large influx of Russian Tourists and I believe Pattaya is the same. This are getting more expensive now in the touristy areas.

Where do you guys come from?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    My6 welcom to you both T&A,
    I have not traveled very much in LOS so I'm sure the other BM's can give great idea's.
    The only place I went that I would think a TG would enjoy, was Ko Shi Shang a small island off the coast 1/2 way between Bkk and Patt's.
    It was the holiday place for the king's of Thai. Still very quaint and origional.
    I was only ther for 1 day but would go back in a second.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Toby and Arada
    Thanks G4orce
    Yep Arada is Thai (essan) and display pic. She comes from and we stay in Bueng kan, Nong khai province up on the Mekong. I've heard it's getting pricey down there but has always been by comparison to the rest LOS hasn't it. We're more into scenery and food (she is Thai after all ). So not overly worried about beach, though I did think of maybe going to Koh Chang. what's it like there now, have you heard?

Toby and Arada
    Cheers justcruzing1

That sounds pretty good actually Just replied to G4orce on same subject and was thinking maybe one of the quieter islands. Went to Koh Chang ages ago and was good but fear it's got to popular. So Ko Shi Shang could be the one.

Cheers again
    T&A

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    WTTB T & A

Look forward to your input
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Toby and Arada
    Thank you Rivo

I would defiantly recommend Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai for the 2 of you. There is so much to see up there. Doi Tung would be great for your wife as it is a massive garden with a lot of beautiful flowers. My FiancÚ loves it there and it is the Royal families garden

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby and Arada View Post
    Hi All, I'm a newbie to your forum so I need to say hello. I've already received assistance from you in the form of the posts about wok burners. So I'm being a little cheeky in soliciting your help again, even as I introduce myself <3

I'm returning to the land of smiles after a break of 3 years. Reason being the economic screw up that left us all poor and ragged Arada (my wife) has not been happy about this (me neither) but has been stoic in the face adversity, looking after the family business. Not an easy task, up at 4am, sleep at 7pm, sometimes 7 days a week poor thing.

I've been trying to keep up with events via the net but I'm sure there's stuff that's not been available to me or that I'm too stupid to have found.

Is there anything I might need to know and does anyone have some suggestions of good places to take my long suffering Lover so she can have the holiday she deserves ?

Cheers in advance and happy days to all

Toby
    Welcome Toby,

Just posted this to another thread but you might be interested.

Travel Deals: Cheap Flights, Discounted Airfare, Bargain Airline Tickets | Travelzoo

My heart is In Isaan but next trip will be up to Chiang Mai and then over to family in Isaan.

Again welcome Spot
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Toby and Arada
    Cheers G4orce
    I do have a face book friend who has some rooms for rent (special prices for FB er's) just outside Chang Mai, could be worth a shout. The gardens sound good but I think anything would make Arada happy at the moment (mostly a lot of shopping I think). 3 years of staring at rubber trees has taken it's toll

Toby and Arada
    G4orce suggested same thing. So Chang Mai it is then
    Thanks for the link

T&A

Chiang Mai is great and I am sure you will both enjoy it. Make sure where you are there that you get to 69 Bar and there other bar (sorry I have forgotten the name).
    A few other good things to see around Chiang Mai are; Doi Suthep, Doi Inthanon, Tiger temple is worth the visit. Then there is Chiang Rai (2 hours drive away) where you could see Wat Rung Khun (White Temple), Doi Tung, Mai Sai, Golden Triange (can cross the border into Lao without a passport from here). There is much more to see there but the place is great. If I had a chance to live in LOS it would be here.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby and Arada View Post
    G4orce suggested same thing. So Chang Mai it is then
    Thanks for the link

T&A
    Toby get your post count up to 31... Whats the weather doing where you are???
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    I know nothing about the Issan anymore but extend a warm welcome to the board and hope you will write a bit of a report on what you saw and did for the next time I leave expensive, out there Phuket for a northern foray....