Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Ah G'Day

Ah G'Day

Having browsed this forum for a while, I am doing the decent thing and saying Hi
    I am a many time visitor to LOS but this time ( july) a little different. I am off to Udon Thani to meet my GF's family before taking her down to Phuket for a holiday.
    I have of course done the "tourist Thailand" but now I am off to the real North East.
    I am a little unsure of the reception but have broad shoulders.
    The future is unknown but we shall see.
    Being a little more senior I am well past the bird a night scene but am not just walking ATM either. Looking forward to it all
    Gazmac and Spot like this.

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    WTTB teddysad, 555
    I will be in NE in August. Maha sarakham. Enjoy your time here and all questions answered.

WTTB Teddy.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Welcome Teddysad, I think you'll love Udon Thani not so much for the place but it's culture.... You'll find a better understanding for your GF and her culture.
    Enjoy
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    WTTB Teddysad, relax mate you will love it.
    Nothing like being the King of the Castle for a few days then off to Patong or Patts for some serious sanuk, eye candy R&R.
    Unlike you im stuck here for a while but rest assured, I will be doing the round trip again before too long.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    WTTB Teddy make yourself at home.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    WTTB Teddy ! You will we are a friendly bunch and dont bite too much hehe . Get a few more posts up and you will find a heap more reading to be done ! 10 posts i think it is ! Relax and enjoy and dont be scared to ask questions .

Where abouts in the land of the long white cloud??

I am already assured of a good reception - I make my own rum ( and other stuff too - its legit to do so here in NZ)
    GF's mum as real keen to try so a supply will be coming up in the bag. Dad is a non drinker so have to come up with something else for him.
    I've already told GF that I'm not a starter to entertain the whole village every night at my expense won't be much left for her ( and me) to have a good holiday down south if it were to happen

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Where abouts in the land of the long white cloud??
    Upper north Island where the fishing is good and the snow is absent

Quote Originally Posted by teddysad View Post
    Upper north Island where the fishing is good and the snow is absent
    Dad had a farm in Kaikohe though i never lived that far north...Did go to school in Kamo for awhile.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    I went past WhykicKAMOocow school Wabbs they said you were the only one they kicked out..5555

G'day Ted welcome.
    Sydney likes this.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    WTTB Teddysad, Glad you have come and said hello. I hope you will enjoy your trip up Isaan. I have been there a couple times now and love it. It is a very different experience. Be aware you are saying you will not be the "Party provider" for the Village but you will be expected (allowed to show face) at least once as it is the Thai way.

I am sure you will work it out.

Cadet silver
    Welcome teddysad, my first ever trip to Isaan was to Udon. Well I say Udon, it was east of Udon around Sawang Daen Din. Stayed in Nong Han. Defo won't be anything like what you're used to in Phuket

I will be in NE in August. Maha sarakham
    Cilla, my wife is from Sarakham. Have you been before?? Can recommend the Taksila Grande if you haven't got a hotel sorted? We've stayed there a couple of times now

Steve

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    Welcome teddysad, my first ever trip to Isaan was to Udon. Well I say Udon, it was east of Udon around Sawang Daen Din. Stayed in Nong Han. Defo won't be anything like what you're used to in Phuket

Cilla, my wife is from Sarakham. Have you been before?? Can recommend the Taksila Grande if you haven't got a hotel sorted? We've stayed there a couple of times now

Steve
    Steve,
    I was there in mid Febuary, only overnight though. I will be there for a week this time in August. The Taksila Hotel is one of the nicest Hotels I have stayed in. I will be staying there again this time.

After being in Bkk it was a sleepy country town.
    Spot likes this.

Cadet silver
    We stayed at the Taksila Grande which is behind the main Taksila (I think they have 4 hotels within the same grounds). Massive room with big sofa etc only 800thb a night

After being in Bkk it was a sleepy country town
    Compared to Bangkok you could say that, but for Isaan I think it's quite a large town. It's considered a big University town. First time I ever went up was in 2010 when the first bad flooding hit the Northeast. I took a bus up to Khon Kaen which was a bit of a nightmare (8hrs). Last time we flew up to Khon Kaen and rented a car and drove over to Sarakaham. Flights were only about 2500thb and got a deal to rent a pick-up in Khoan Kaen, 1000thb per day for a brand new Hilux.

Will be back over hopefully early next year, can't wait.

Steve
    Cilla likes this.

my GF is in Ban Phue so I am staying in Udon Thani. She has all sorts of plans to take me around. No accom in Ban Phue and at home is not practical. Should be fun and flights to and from Phuket were very inexpensive on AA

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toddmeister View Post
    We stayed at the Taksila Grande which is behind the main Taksila (I think they have 4 hotels within the same grounds). Massive room with big sofa etc only 800thb a night

Compared to Bangkok you could say that, but for Isaan I think it's quite a large town. It's considered a big University town. First time I ever went up was in 2010 when the first bad flooding hit the Northeast. I took a bus up to Khon Kaen which was a bit of a nightmare (8hrs). Last time we flew up to Khon Kaen and rented a car and drove over to Sarakaham. Flights were only about 2500thb and got a deal to rent a pick-up in Khoan Kaen, 1000thb per day for a brand new Hilux.

Will be back over hopefully early next year, can't wait.

Steve
    Oh buggar! Thanks Steve I am being educated but i thought i had struck gold with the Ban Chiang Homestay at 500 baht per night... Read my TR Spot goes to Thailand 2 28 days in Isaan....

Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Cadet silver
    Quote Originally Posted by teddysad View Post
    my GF is in Ban Phue so I am staying in Udon Thani. She has all sorts of plans to take me around. No accom in Ban Phue and at home is not practical. Should be fun and flights to and from Phuket were very inexpensive on AA
    If you are renting a car there was a decent place within Udon Airport that I used. I paid 1000thb per day, again for a new toyata Hilux. Probably a bit more now as that was back in 2009. It's great driving in Isaan, nice long quiet roads. Enjoy!!

Steve
    G4orce likes this.

thanks my GF has that part sorted with the family car at our disposal. She also has a mb for short range stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast