Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi there, another newbie starting on this journey, right section this time

SAmineworker

hi there, another newbie starting on this journey, right section this time

Hi all

I'm a south aussie currently working in th resource worker, FIFO worker, in South Australia. Looking for expat work O/S in the same sector (i know that a long road)

Only recently discovered the beauty that is LOS and totally love it. I have met a thai girl in Patong and we plan to visit her village early next year.

There is a lot of conflicting info out there and join the forum to try a learn as much as i can and help others starting on this journey but sharing my experiences.

No matter what happens with my girl, I will continue to enjoy visiting and maybe one day retiring to the LOS.

Reposted into the right section

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAmineworker View Post
    Hi all

I'm a south aussie currently working in th resource worker, FIFO worker, in South Australia. Looking for expat work O/S in the same sector (i know that a long road)

Only recently discovered the beauty that is LOS and totally love it. I have met a thai girl in Patong and we plan to visit her village early next year.

There is a lot of conflicting info out there and join the forum to try a learn as much as i can and help others starting on this journey but sharing my experiences.

No matter what happens with my girl, I will continue to enjoy visiting and maybe one day retiring to the LOS.

Reposted into the right section
    and i thought you were from s africa??5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome to the board SA.
    You will find, once you get your post count up a bit, there is a massive wealth of knowledge/experience here, so reply indivdualy to each reply.
    When you get up a level read the members trip reports and relationship posts, to learn a lot about Thai culture. This is probably the most important thing to learn.

Cheers,
    JC1
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Jeese Meesse 555 Welcome also, Welcome SAMW... great place here, all decent people and they have helped me to no end. Weclome, enjoy.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

SAmineworker
    thanks people, head feels like it going to explode with info at the moment...... I alraedy like this forum as there is real balance unlike other sites which only talk about the horror stories

SAmineworker
    we get that a lot, that's why i said South aussie in the detail... 555555
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    and i thought you were from s africa??5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Welcome SAMW.......

We like to pride ourselves on having a good balance with constructive advice..... A lot of the members here are in longterm relationships with a lot of knowledge on the pains and tribulations, like JC said get your post count up which will then open up other sections of the forum.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

SAmineworker
    thanks Patong, just dipping my toes in the water, i really want to go into this with TG (her name is Thip also) with eyes wide open..... trying to get balance after all the horror stories

thanks Patong, just dipping my toes in the water, i really want to go into this with TG (her name is Thip also) with eyes wide open..... trying to get balance after all the horror stories
    I found there was many reasons to walk away from Thip... A lot of external pressure mainly!
    The main thing that got me past the 'horror stories' was that I never wanted to live with regret, I never wanted to ask myself the question of "what could have happened or what would my life be like now"...... Things just seemed right at the time or enough for me to pursue her....
    And now I'm the happiest man around (besides Spot 555)

SAmineworker
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I found there was many reasons to walk away from Thip... A lot of external pressure mainly!
    The main thing that got me past the 'horror stories' was that I never wanted to live with regret, I never wanted to ask myself the question of "what could have happened or what would my life be like now"...... Things just seemed right at the time or enough for me to pursue her....
    And now I'm the happiest man around (besides Spot 555)
    yeah feeling the same about not living with regrets...... reading the stories and comments from the other guys is giving me hope, though to be honest, when i saw your partner's name was Thip, my heart jumped into my mouth ......5555
    ps - how do i turn off getting emails when a reply is received from a post?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    WTTB SA.......look forward to hearing your story and were you are up too.........TBH i am not sure if its that balanced here as the success rate is so high....not sure why that is.

I guess it depends on what you and others mean by balanced ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

SAmineworker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    WTTB SA.......look forward to hearing your story and were you are up too.........TBH i am not sure if its that balanced here as the success rate is so high....not sure why that is.

I guess it depends on what you and others mean by balanced ?
    Balanced as in telling the other side of the coin, most sites i've visited so far only ever talk about the negative stories. They really paint some very dark stories and i'm sure there are some of those but like anything, there is another side. So yes, i am reading about the success stories in this forum. Most of things i've read here and are written with a open mind about how to make things work by understanding the thai culture.
    Being relatively new, it is scary but I am same as Patong, i dont want to live with regret..... I hope that makes sense?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Balanced as in telling the other side of the coin, most sites i've visited so far only ever talk about the negative stories. They really paint some very dark stories and i'm sure there are some of those but like anything, there is another side. So yes, i am reading about the success stories in this forum. Most of things i've read here and are written with a open mind about how to make things work by understanding the thai culture.
    Being relatively new, it is scary but I am same as Patong, i dont want to live with regret..... I hope that makes sense?
    Makes total sense, many of the bad stories that you read, always harp on about the what it cost financially some fool or unlucky punter, ( i say fool because TBH i reckon a certain amount of the loss is because he has being stupid in some way, you can't blame all of it the TG's ) but i have said many times, ok it may cost you a few dollars to find out the truth, but it will nearly always be cheaper then your average western divorce.....
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

yeah feeling the same about not living with regrets...... reading the stories and comments from the other guys is giving me hope, though to be honest, when i saw your partner's name was Thip, my heart jumped into my mouth ......5555
    ps - how do i turn off getting emails when a reply is received from a post?
    I'm not exactly sure, check your profile settings... what I did was set up my email account so that Thai Dreaming emails went to a folder much like my FB ones, now I have them just directed straight to my rubbish bin.....

Thips full name is Thipvimon, her family call her Tay and It was me who started calling her Thip..... Most Aussies can get their tongue around it and so that's what she goes by now.........

Had to laugh, just popped into her work so I could hear her tell me how hot it is... 38c here in Melbourne today "honey very hot, more hot than Thailand"

SAmineworker
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I'm not exactly sure, check your profile settings... what I did was set up my email account so that Thai Dreaming emails went to a folder much like my FB ones, now I have them just directed straight to my rubbish bin.....

Thips full name is Thipvimon, her family call her Tay and It was me who started calling her Thip..... Most Aussies can get their tongue around it and so that's what she goes by now.........

Had to laugh, just popped into her work so I could hear her tell me how hot it is... 38c here in Melbourne today "honey very hot, more hot than Thailand"
    Well the weather just changed here in SA, bit more like LOS, raining & humid. Makes me yearn to be back there now.... Brain is getting very full, think i should turn off these emails and then take a break

Hi SA,
    I hope your interaction here will help you 'keep your eyes open'

I also hope you have some fun and laughter by reading some of the lighter posts.

IF time means everything then I would probably be well suited to passing out wise words but in reality I find I can learn much from hearing the experiences and viewpoints of the 'newer' players.

So please don't hesitate to tell or ask or offer opinions or criticism.

As for the horror stories, well the tgs have just as many flying around about the falang guys.

For now my one liner for the day..

'There is no such thing as free love'

Cheers
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Quote Originally Posted by BangkokSteve View Post
    Hi SA,
    I hope your interaction here will help you 'keep your eyes open'

I also hope you have some fun and laughter by reading some of the lighter posts.

IF time means everything then I would probably be well suited to passing out wise words but in reality I find I can learn much from hearing the experiences and viewpoints of the 'newer' players.

So please don't hesitate to tell or ask or offer opinions or criticism.

As for the horror stories, well the tgs have just as many flying around about the falang guys.

For now my one liner for the day..

'There is no such thing as free love'

Cheers
    Good Post

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    WTTB SA. Hope we can help you on your journey, and enjoy the ride!
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    SA,
    The whole thing here is SUPPORT not destroy.
    there is no abuse, attacking or condesending of BM's.
    To be honest, I'm probably the worst damaged on this site, other BM'ss have been in worse situations than me, but they worked thru it, and now reap the rewards.To be honest my experiences with LOS have mainly been positive, otherwise I wouldn't be here, or working at how to get back.

The other big thing, in my opinion, is we have the input of Thai wifes/ girlfriends etc, so we get a great expilnation of what the other side sees/feels.

Keep posting and you will get to the next level, there you can learn how to act when you go to her Bhaan/village. If you put in the effort to learn about these sort of things, read Chob's leason's in Thai normal speak etc, you will be so loved by your girl, you are showing you care enough about her to learn her side of things.
    Big win when you know the right position to Whey her parents etc.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

SAmineworker
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    SA,
    The whole thing here is SUPPORT not destroy.
    there is no abuse, attacking or condesending of BM's.
    To be honest, I'm probably the worst damaged on this site, other BM'ss have been in worse situations than me, but they worked thru it, and now reap the rewards.To be honest my experiences with LOS have mainly been positive, otherwise I wouldn't be here, or working at how to get back.

The other big thing, in my opinion, is we have the input of Thai wifes/ girlfriends etc, so we get a great expilnation of what the other side sees/feels.

Keep posting and you will get to the next level, there you can learn how to act when you go to her Bhaan/village. If you put in the effort to learn about these sort of things, read Chob's leason's in Thai normal speak etc, you will be so loved by your girl, you are showing you care enough about her to learn her side of things.
    Big win when you know the right position to Whey her parents etc.

Thanks justcruising - i've already starting seeking out info where ever i can and listening to advice given, though until finding this forum, that has been quite small. I've purchased the book thailand fever and private dancer (that one did put the wind up me a bit) but thailand fever certainly is helping me open my mind to what will be required.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast