Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from New Zealand

Hi from New Zealand

Hi from NZ and I thought it was time to introduce myself - I first went to Thailand in 1976 and have had many great holidays over there since and will probably have many more .......555

I have many friends who live around the country, mainly in Phuket, and most are on some type of retirement plan - in other words not doing very much at all .....555

Anyway I will add to this post over the weeks and months to come and hope to maybe meet up with some of you during my trips.
    All who wander are not lost

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Hi Les welcome to the board and make yourself at home.

What part of NZ are you from if I may ask?

Hi wabbits, thanks for your welcome - you may know me as les1999 on the Phuket-Info forum but I have been talking to Chob tonight and decided, as he did, to swing over to this forum.

I live in Taranaki, moved here from Australia over 2 years ago and have loved it ever since.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Thought it might be you but was unsure.
    Taranaki a great part of the world if a little cold at times.
    Plenty of familiar names here you will find.

Welcome Les.
    You've answered the Q I posed elsewhere. Taranaki, good farm country and an old saying goes "there's nothing a Taranaki farmer can't fix with a piece of #8 fencing wire". 555
    [No doubt some Aussie smart-ass will contest the origins of that!] lol
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Welcome Les. Taranaki. A lovely part of NZ... though it apparently rains a lot?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Welcome

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by les View Post
    Hi wabbits, thanks for your welcome - you may know me as les1999 on the Phuket-Info forum but I have been talking to Chob tonight and decided, as he did, to swing over to this forum.

I live in Taranaki, moved here from Australia over 2 years ago and have loved it ever since.
    WTTB Les, seem many of your posts over yonder.

Highlighted bit a above, interesting to me, a few years back rarely heard of moves from Oz to NZ, but lately it appears to be a popular thing, along with moving to Tassie from the mainland.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    WTTB Les. if you have any photos from 70's or 80's would be great to see the change in LOS from then till now. Would be a great thread.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    WTTB Les
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    though it apparently rains a lot?
    Grass is probably greener on his side of the hill? wttb
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Grass is probably greener on his side of the hill? wttb
    This side looks pretty green...

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    WTTB Les !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Welcome Les... Like Arliss said, don't hear of many doing the move to NZ from the mainland!.....

Are you on the run??....
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 6th February 2013 at 04:29.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Welcome Les... Like Arliss said, don't hear of many doing the move to NZ from the mainland!.....

Are you on the run??....
    Funny you say that... I met my first Australian when I went to England aged 24... 555

Thanks for the welcome and yes guys it is usually the other way around, NZ to Aussie, but when you get older (and wiser ...55) the opposite move is definitely the best way to go.

I lived in Australia for 35 years (originally from the U.K. (but don't hold that against me ....) and to be honest I never liked the extreme heat and humidity you find over there, coupled with the fact I worked a great deal up in the Pilbara, W.A. where it averages 33 degs and gets up to 48+ in the summer, it's a relief to have moved over here around 2 years ago.
    This was after a 10 month contract for Technip on the construction of a small Gas Plant for Origin Energy where, not only was I impressed with Taranaki but I also met my Filipina lady ............. and as we all know we 'do' follow our 'small' head instead of our big head on occasions ......5555.

Thanks to Distantpeak for the photo of Mt Egmont which can be seen from all corners of Taranaki and is very beautiful - I will post some pics also when I have worked it out ....555

Anyway I hope to post more on this Forum and maybe catch up with some of you in the future.

^I don't blame you Les. I can see myself moving back to NZ one day. A hidden gem....

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^I don't blame you Les. I can see myself moving back to NZ one day. A hidden gem....
    I definitely agree with you - I did think (like many) of retiring to Thailand but to be honest the heat, police corruption, falang rip-offs and difficulties getting visas etc made me change my mind. New Zealand is such a beautiful country and far less expensive than Australia.

I have to admit I have never been happier (maybe my lady has something to do with it as well ...555)

^I love NZ for the same reasons. Warmer than the UK, cooler than Thailand. Low crime and just feels healthy there... the only thing it lacked when I lived there was decent women... 555

55555 - plenty of Filipinas living/working here in Taranaki mate - just waiting for you to come back ......!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast