Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Cadet

Newbie to this just wanted to say hi to everyone..

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Welcome ... you will find plenty of other Ozzies here ... are you planning a trip to Thailand or been already?
    Life is the unexpected ...

Cadet
    no just got back from Thailand 2 week ago.Went over to visit my TG family and meet her relative. Need to start travel visa for my girl so found this web site and well here i am nice to meet you.
    Hope i can get some help on what i need to do to get TV for my TG..

You have come to the right place ... boy, have you come to the right place .... there is hardly a regular member on this site who has not been thru or going thru that process ... the plus for you is most are Aussies ... I'll hang back a little at this stage as my experience with a TV for the now wife was close on a decade ago ... others will be able to give you specific details ... my advice is relax.... the Tourist Visa is the easy (and cheap) one... 555

You will find some great info in the Visa section here

*********Thai Visa, international visa info***********

Enjoy...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Welcome killozzie.... Like Minder said you've come to the right place.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Welcome KO, how was the trip?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Must have been good ... he is looking to get a Tourist Visa for his girl .... who here has the most recent experience with that? Spot? PatongBB? ....
    Let's see what I remember being the main parts - proof of the relationship - emails and photos
    Ummm ... financial support - proof that you can afford to support her - your payslip and last years tax income (I still call them group certificates)
    .... always scary at this stage ....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Hey KO,

Have you found the advice you were looking for you will also get in in the Trip reports, I di my first TV last year I felw to BKK and took all the completed forms etc with my girl to Thai CC, whole thing took ten minutes (because of advice and guidance and support from this forum) and she was out here for 3 months ending 6 January.

We went back togethr for January.

Gotta say it was ane experience at Thai CC seeing all the uprepeared couples lining up without a clue, must have drove them mad and the staff at Thai CC. 3 days after submitting we got a text saying all good and S's passport and all our paperwork was couriered back to S home adress....

It was only a piece of cake due to my coaches here. Even my local Thai friends all had different opinions and sadly in spite of good intentions werent much help.

Start here...

Australian Visa Wizard - Visas & Immigration

Cheers China
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 16th May 2013 at 11:08.

Cadet
    ok got pen paper starting to write all this down .
    Question do i need to be with her BKK when she put the form in as i dont no if i can get more time of work.
    One thing i need to find out if any one know is that i have been seperated from my wife since the end of August 2012 and live with my parents now have been there since Oct
    do i need a stat dec form fill out by my family saying i live there with them and have been seperated since that date. Because i cant get divorce until Oct this year will this affect getting a TV for Nut to come out here.

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 17th July 2013 at 08:33.

Banned

Cadet
    She come from Nongwang out past Chaiyaphum Thailand so she will need to travel to BKK to put paper work in.I maybe going to China for bussiness at the
    end of April so i might take trip to BKK meet her and go together to hand in forms..
    So i dont need to say anything about be seperated from my ex at all then????.

Cadet
    She has a shop at her parents place which she run during the day and also has a car and bike which she is paying off as well .So she has reason to return at the end of her visa + her mum is putting the house and land where they live in her name
    as well.

Cadet
    what do you need to write in the invitation letter or has some one got something i could look at to get a idea..
    Do i need to send money to her every month because every time i been there i just give her some but dont have records for that.
    this will keep me busy for day heap to do for a visa.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    WTTB KO. A few photos of you with family from your last trip will also help show that the relationship is genuine. I will be there in April, and also heading to China at the end of April if you need any on-the-ground assistance.

Cheers, Nomad
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Cadet
    when i get the dates i will let u no may need some assistance. got get going with getting all this paper work but thanks Nomad

Cheers (Aka) Chris....

Banned

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    WTTB Killozy,
    As has been said we have all gone thru it, all have helped each other so you have indeed found the right place.
    You will also find a lot of info for your relationship, culture differences, what to do and what not to here.

OK re the TV, your personal situation doesn't matter other than to show you have the funds to support her, or a stat deck from your parents as a backup if you can't show savings or credit card funds.

In your letter of invite remember to include you will cover her medical insurance cost while here.
    Also reiterate you will insure she will comply with any visa granted, return to Thai before expiration date, as you hope if the relationship progresses you will be applying for other visas in the future and as such would not want to jeopardize them.

Just be honest and open in your letter, tel them you have hope for a lifetime relation with her but need to see that she can like living here, work thru the different cultures etc.

I did mine 3 yrs ago so is probably out of date but will send you it if it will help, you may find some of the other BM's that have done it more recently, like Rivo, Cilla, AM will have the latest forms.

Photo's with date stamp are important, but not in bars, you with her family will be big strength to the honesty.

The questions they ask when they look at her application:

1 Why? why is it she and you want her to go to Aust.

2 How? How will she survive with out working?

3 Will? Will she want to return and not break the visa, become an over stayer. What binds her to return.

This, as a fist time for you both, seems like a massive mountain and you get nervous.

Believe me we all did the same and all I can say to you as I have to many others, try to relax and remember if it gets knocked back you can ask why, and attempt again.

If it is a paperwork problem they will call her. On this make sure she knows EVERYTHING about you. your age, your work, your living situation, if you have children, colour of your eyes, hair.etc.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Just another point, does she already have a passport?
    If not then you need to get her one first.
    If she does have one and has traveled out of the country, and returned in time of any visa, that will help too.

With the application she has to submit her passport and her identity card. They are returned.
    The address on the ID card has to be the same as her passport and the application.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast