Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New member here but a long time Thailand visitor

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

New member here but a long time Thailand visitor

Hello gang, I'm new here but I know a few members here that I've met at the Down Under pub in Chiang Mai. Rob recommended that I join up... so here I am. It will probably be a home forum for me because I managed to get myself banned from thaivisa... which considering a few moderators there, is not hard to do if you are honest. They don't like honesty on that forum. I am a Canadian from the wet coast on Vancouver Island. My love is fishing, exploring and riding. I'm an outdoor journalist and photographer with many published articles and photos over the past 30 years or so. I spend about 5 months each year in Thailand and make Chiang Mai my home base.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Welcome Ian make yourself at home mate.

W.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome Ian,
    Being a Jurno and Photographer i guess you will have some good stories and photo's of Thai to post.
    Like all forums as you get your post count up a little you will get access to a lot more.

I look forward to seeing your posts and when you go, a TR or two.

Chers,
    JC1
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    WTTB Ian, hope to hear some good stories

For the bikers here and others who are interested I will be giving a little speech at the Sangdee gallery in Chiang Mai on this coming Monday. The talks are hopefully going to be a regular event at the Sangdee gallery. It's all about humour, poems and a bit of fun.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    G'day Ian Welcome, we have a great bunch of men and women on here mate enjoy. OMG Vancouver Island what a beautiful place.

Just in case you dont get it I often call people China = Short for China Plate = Slang for mate

Being an aussie if I call you boxhead it is not an insult rather the reverse 555555

Welcome and look forward to your contributions

(PS ever come across Lindsay Bennett in your Canadian travels?)
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

My first wife (of 20 years) was from Tasmania and I visited Australia many times, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I am quite familiar with Aussies and they are a good bunch... even if rough around the edges a bit. My second wife was from Portugal but that marriage only lasted 7 years until her adult son got involved with drugs and moved in with us. 10 months later she moved out and left her son with me to deal with. I had to get the police to remove him and my ex never forgave me. Oh well, they both did me a favour because I never would have visited Thailand had they not left. I've been single now since 1996. Thailand is my second home and I'm loving it. I'm no spring chicken. I'm 73 but still climbing mountains, bike riding for 9 hours straight and spring skiing when I get back to Canada for April. I don't know how much I can contribute while I'm back in Canda but I'll post something from time to time.

Welcome Ian, good to see you here.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post

Being an aussie if I call you boxhead it is not an insult rather the reverse 555555
    Don't worry, everyone here regularly calls him"Boxhead".

Welcome to the board IF.
    Last edited by Changone; 23rd March 2013 at 17:19.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Welcome IF.
    Great to see someone here older than me (just!),.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Welcome Ian...

73.... you should give up that spring skiing and take up snowboarding! 555
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Nice talking with you the other night at the Down Under, KaptainRob. It will be my last friday there until next November.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Nice talking with you the other night at the Down Under, KaptainRob. It will be my last friday there until next November.
    Ah, roll on November ... best time of year in CM. Not that I'm complaining about present conditions, last night was perfect at DUP roof bar ... cold beers ... hot girls! Might have to press Stu to install a jacuzzi ...
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Hi Ian, met you at CM last month, had a few beers with you at the Downunder and for those interested Ians lucky to look 63 let alone 73, must be that Thailand air 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Welcome Ian. We polish the Aussies here to keep things smooth... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    WTTB Ian. Many amateur writers and photographers on here, but no professionals.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Welcome

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    WTTB ! Hope you enjoy yourself here
    !qq!

I'm leaving Thailand in a few days and heading back to Canada on Wednesday. I won't be sorry to see the end of the smoke smog, and it will be nice to see my two kids and 3 grandkids. One has her seventh birday in a week and I never miss it. I love kids and they seem to like me. Like the song says... "It's old dogs and children and watermelon wine."

I've fallen in love with riding again since I've been in Thailand and I'm buying a new bike when I get home. Although I love my 250 Kawasaki D-Tracker in Thailand, I've settled on the Suzuki V-Strom 650 for Canada where the roads are better and the traffic not so crazy and unpredictable. But, I still want a relatively light bike. I also want a little more top speed for cruising and staying up with traffic. In Thailand I hate going much over 110 because there is always something popping out at you or someone coming at you in your lane.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Hi Ian, good to meet up with you at Downunder. I hope that you had a good flight home... Peter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast