Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hi

hi

Hi new to the forum been thailand 4 times with the 5th to phuket comming up in 3 weeks :-)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Hi Winston , make yourself at home!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome Winston, enjoy and look around the forum, lots of good help and experienced BM's her, getting more by the day which is great.

You are obviously a seasoned traveler to LOS by now, do you go anywhere else than phuket??
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    May I ask why you choose Phuket rather than somewhere like Krabi? I found Phuket over priced and the locals very rough. The tuk tuk drivers are all crooks and the bars over charge for everything. I had to pay over 100 baht for a simple stir fried rice meal (Kow Padt gai) that everywhere else charges 35 baht. Of course, if you go north of the Patong beach area there are a few places to get away from the rip-offs.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    May I ask why you choose Phuket rather than somewhere like Krabi? I found Phuket over priced and the locals very rough. The tuk tuk drivers are all crooks and the bars over charge for everything. I had to pay over 100 baht for a simple stir fried rice meal (Kow Padt gai) that everywhere else charges 35 baht. Of course, if you go north of the Patong beach area there are a few places to get away from the rip-offs.
    I should imagine that Phuket is the first word that comes to most travel agents lips when a trip to Thailand is queried.

I know that it was the case with me many years ago and it was my introduction to Thailand.. In fact my first three trips were to Patong before I branched out.

I have family who have just returned from their “week" in Thailand, read Phuket and a day trip to Phi Phi. They were complaining about costs and rip offs. My answer was, why did they not speak to me before they let someone sell them a holiday….

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    WTTB Winston Got some stories to tell??

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    WTTB Winston

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    "Chill Winston" just jokin' WTTB :-)
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

PGC
    All that is true, but you are kinda never bored in Phuket....

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Welcome Winston, enjoy and look around the forum, lots of good help and experienced BM's her, getting more by the day which is great.

You are obviously a seasoned traveler to LOS by now, do you go anywhere else than phuket??
    Started in pattaya the 1st 3 times then my dad moved to phuket so been there twice this will b the 3rd time in phuket

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Welcome and enjoy

Because my dad lives in phuket. I dont use tuk tuk drivers ive been ripped off once never again.

Thanks 4 the welcome aswel guys will make sure to take some notes on this trip and do a report when im back

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    Because my dad lives in phuket. I dont use tuk tuk drivers ive been ripped off once never again.
    Finally someone with a local sponsor...555

WTTB Winston..

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Is your Dad a BM Winston?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    50 baht or so on the street around Kamala.
    If people go to a travel gent they should realize the agent wants to make commissions , and the less something costs , the less she makes.
    My friends , who had never been out of Aus and were a bit fearful about LOS , contacted me about transfers .
    Was $20 AUD a person ( 2 adults , 2 kids ) a fair price thru the agent , they asked.
    I said that 2,400 baht wasnt , and told them how to get a meter ( joke ) taxi . They took 2 ( too much luggage that I also told them not to bring) and arrived safely to their Hotel for the quoted price at the stand of 600 baht per car , so 1200 baht.
    My mate , a bank man was impressed about a 50% savings.

After that they were hooked , and this year will be their 6th visit.
    You dont find them hanging out in Nakhon Sri Tammerat where the Pad Thai is 15 baht obviously , and Ive advised them on that to.

They do their fares and Hotel on-line now and discuss the price with everyone.
    But its horses for courses , of courses ...555

Phuket isnt the real Thailand ( BTW , what is?), and the prices reflect that.
    But tourists generally prefer a 'sip' of a country for their precious 2 weeks , and they dont want to have to learn too much in that time , nor go without their creature comforts , in fact they usually want more of these than they have at home.

As such , Phuket caters to this , and would be mad , or non existent if the businesses here didnt.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    You dont find them hanging out in Nakhon Sri Tammerat where the Pad Thai is 15 baht obviously , and Ive advised them on that to.
    Wow, I paid 40 Bt for Pad Thai in Surin (outside Speed III) and I thought that was a real bargain!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    What, no pictures?(<>)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    WTTB Winston
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    What, no pictures?(<>)
    Sure, I've got lots of pictures of Phuket Island, but this is Winston's welcoming thread. I'll let Winston post some of his first... if he wants to. I'll post mine later on a travel thread.

Here is just a teaser... Laem Sing Beach north of Patong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast