Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another from there to here

Another from there to here

Another one from 'over there', now I'm here. Seems I'm following a lot familiar names to this neck of the woods and hello to the new ones!

Welcome to the forum Mr Scott. Hope you have fun here...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    WTTB StubScott ! From a new name for you . Im sure you will enjoy it here !
    !qq!

Thanks guys!
    I'm just back from my second trip this year and need somewhere to hang out while my Mrs waits in Nakhon Phanom for her first Visit Visa to the UK to arrive

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Hi Scott!

Did you ever find that swimming pool?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    WTTB Beam her up Scotty 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Good to see you here Stupendous

WTTB Scott

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Well i'm sure you just found the right place to hang out then Mr Scott ! Plenty of guys on here that know exactly what your going through !
    You must both be excited about having her over to the UK on a holiday ! Has she been out of Thailand before ?
    !qq!

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Hi Scott!

Did you ever find that swimming pool?
    55, no but I did find that beach! More like a stinking sandbank when the Mekong recedes, but it was good enough for a paddle and the kids managed to swim in it without needing hospital treatment. After three days of Songkran the last thing I wanted to find was a swimming pool... maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Well i'm sure you just found the right place to hang out then Mr Scott ! Plenty of guys on here that know exactly what your going through !
    You must both be excited about having her over to the UK on a holiday ! Has she been out of Thailand before ?
    Nope, never. We didn't even manage it across the friendship bridge to Laos this trip as I'd left my passport at home that day! Yeah we're both like kids on Christmas eve waiting for the answer, 10 (working) day wait so far, its not helping me give up the smokes!

And you SE, I see you've also been back again since our paths crossed. I'm sure there's no need to ask if you had fun 555

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Good to see you here Stupendous

WTTB Scott

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    I was lurking when I saw you join. I was hoping to check in on how you're going, sounds like you're still doing alright. I'm looking forward to more tales of the baan.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

WTTB Scot ,i see things have moved on with your Thai lady ,all the best with that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    I was lurking when I saw you join. I was hoping to check in on how you're going, sounds like you're still doing alright. I'm looking forward to more tales of the baan.
    Hey Mr Smiley! good to see ya and it reads like you're still having a blast. I've a few tales from my last trip, not many but a few.

We done four days in Bangkok and ten in Nakhon Phanom. With it being Songkran this time I got to meet her two brothers, ones a Monk and the other I was best man (or the Thai equivalent) for. If I get round to a trip report I might get to explain why I still have some white strings tied to my wrist! 555

Quote Originally Posted by Genuine View Post
    WTTB Scot ,i see things have moved on with your Thai lady ,all the best with that
    Thanks Genuine, it's going good, how did things go for you with that lady from Laos?

You know how it is mate ,emailed eachother a few times during the 1st few weeks of me being home ,but i dont think its what i want really so i couldnt give false promises ,but she was a great girl .fairplay to you though
    Last edited by Genuine; 27th April 2013 at 08:00.

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StupScott View Post
    Thanks guys!
    I'm just back from my second trip this year and need somewhere to hang out while my Mrs waits in Nakhon Phanom for her first Visit Visa to the UK to arrive
    Whats required for a visa to UK

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla View Post
    Whats required for a visa to UK
    For a Thai, basically three things, a good reason to return to Thailand at the end of their stay, proof of relationship and enough funds for the trip (from the applicant or sponsor). Sounds simple eh? but it's not!

The folder she handed in was about an inch thick with translated documents/bank statements/etc from her, copies of my passport/wage slips/etc and boarding passes, photos, email/phone/skype records and then some other stuff. And that's only for a 6 months max visit visa!

They make out like the UK has actually got something going for it, I mean, who in their right mind would want to remain in the UK when you can can live in LOS? 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Scott! Glad you could make it. Looking forward to hearing your story as it unfolds. An American tourist visa is my next step and I am not looking forward to it. I think I may have one or more hoops to jump through than you did.

The Mekong? It never crossed my mind to swim in it. 555

Cadet Bronze
    G'day folks ....looks like PI is dead for good ? , damn and just before I head back for a couple of weeks !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast