Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Newbie, sort of!!

Newbie, sort of!!

Hi all,

Newbie to this website but kind of a seasoned Thailand traveller and speak reasonable Thai as well. Was married to a Thai girl for nearly 10 years and have 2 kids with her. We have separated but remain good mates.

The thing is that in August I'm off to Thailand for my first trip as a single in many years and will need to pick your brains to update me on certain changes. I'll be in Bangkok for a week (Sukhumvit) and then Patong for 2 weeks (staying at the summer breeze).

Mainly saying g'day here, will post elsewhere and be more specific.

Cadet Bronze
    Welcome to the board , I am sure being able to speak Thai you will have a great trip .

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    WTTB Tyrion.. Many brains to pick here... And the odd Brian..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    WTTB Tyrion
    Good to have another member with lots of life and Thai experience.
    Your going in quiet time so should be all "Up to You".

I look forward to your input. I'm sure many here can update you on any changes.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    WTTB Tyrion
    Good to have another member with lots of life and Thai experience.
    Your going in quiet time so should be all "Up to You".

I look forward to your input. I'm sure many here can update you on any changes.
    Thanks guys.

Yeah August is low season but I've been over there plenty of times at that time of year. Locals tell me it rains a lot in August but I've never really experienced it any worse than at other times. Cheap airfares, cheap hotels and the best time for me to get away from work.

svs
    Cadet
    WTTB Tyrion! If you need some information, you have come to the right place. Am heading to Patong for the first time next month and everyone has been really helpful with suggestions and advice.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Wttb, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Look to Mr. Somsak (at the Summer Breeze Hotel) he will take good care of you when you're stumbling in to call it a night.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by svs View Post
    WTTB Tyrion! If you need some information, you have come to the right place. Am heading to Patong for the first time next month and everyone has been really helpful with suggestions and advice.
    Thanks mate. You will love Patong, your first lap of Bangla road is an experience you'll never forget.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Yep, Tootsies is gonna be pumping 555

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Ah yes, Mr Somsak ! I personally cannot speak highly enough of the way he takes care of us as we stumble in late at night !
    You could almost start his own thread on the ways he has taken care of guests at SBH ! 555
    !qq!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    welcome wee Mr Lannister...as you know Thailand is just a "Game of Thrones".......555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    WTTB, Yeah, staying at the Summer Breeze you will get all the info you will need. Can't really go wrong, stumble in, stumble out.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    welcome wee Mr Lannister...as you know Thailand is just a "Game of Thrones".......555
    Do you hate being called "The Imp?" 555
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

WTTB Tyrion

WTTB Tyrion!!
    Its a pint of bitter a gin and tonic and a baileys, I call them uhhh....ladyboys!! สจวร์ต

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Glad someone picked it up. Love the books, TV series not as good but still enjoyable. You do feel like a King in Thailand!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Do you hate being called "The Imp?" 555
    Depends on which part of me they're referring to!!

^^ Big fan of the books myself, I was a little miffed when the publication date of the last one kept getting pushed back because of the HBO production. I wonder if they will force the novels to an early conclusion so they won't have to do too many seasons on HBO? 555

svs
    Cadet
    I'm a big fan of the books as well (can't believe that I didn't pick up on your name Tyrion). Good question Cippy, I think there will still be seven booked in the series. I have my fingers crossed that the next one will be out by 2014. If people keep on watching, then I think HBO will do all seven seasons - the producers have already said that they may finish the series before the last book is published (which will prob be about 2020 at this rate).

I'm a big fan of the books as well (can't believe that I didn't pick up on your name Tyrion). Good question Cippy, I think there will still be seven booked in the series. I have my fingers crossed that the next one will be out by 2014. If people keep on watching, then I think HBO will do all seven seasons - the producers have already said that they may finish the series before the last book is published (which will prob be about 2020 at this rate).
    I believe HBO has already signed off for 5 seasons which will take us to to 'dance with dragons'. George rr Martin is well into the writing of the next part of the story which he's said will be 2 books. Apparently HBO have an in principle agreement to do 2 more series to cover those books, obviously up to how well the next few series do.

Anyway, we are no doubt boring those who don't read the books or watch the show. This forum is about beautiful Thailand after all!