Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newby from Aus

Cadet

Newby from Aus

Hi All,

Used to lurk around in the Phuket Info forums and learned heaps of useful stuff but never registered, planning on heading back to LOS in the next couple of months and was saddened to see that PI is no longer active, it seems I have plenty more to unlock by being a member here!

I recognize a lot of names from PI, people who I learned a lot about LOS from, looking forward to learning a lot more before I go again, this time on a solo trip!

Planning on booking it all myself now my nagging ex-gf is off the scene as she would only use travel agents so this info is more valuable than ever.

See you round the forums!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Welcome to the board discopolis. When are you heading over to LOS.

Cadet
    Hi PeteGill,

Thank you very much! Looking at August at the moment, I'm working casually at a pub at the moment so all depends on hours but seem to have 50 hours plus a week for the next two months, if this is the case should have enough to head off to LOS to have a terrific party holiday with plenty of time to write music as well!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Wttb, Sounds like you're gearing up to have a good time. How many days do you reckon you'll be going for? Partying in Patong can get expensive really fast if you're on a budget, 555
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    WTTB Disco, 5555 plenty of guys here to put you on the right track

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Welcome to the board.

I'll be heading to BKK and Patts myself in mid August. Was thinking Phuket again but I've been twice this year and Smiley is right. From what I hear Patts should be a bit cheaper. Especially offpeak.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Platinum
    Welcome Discopolis
    where are planning to go? We love Phuket and Patong especially

Cadet
    Probably about two and a half weeks Mr Smiley between Patong and Bangkok as last time I went to Bangkok was only there for three days. Can't remember how much I spent last time but looking to take $80-100k (around 5-6k a day) baht with me, not including hotels (looking at Summer Breeze in Patong). I'm in a lucky situation being quite young that when I don't go on massive benders in Australia I am able to save most of my income, so finding whatever I need to take with me isn't the biggest issue, it may mean pushing the trip back by a month back am specifically trying to go during low season.

Cadet
    Patts in definitely on the agenda as well, but I don't want to be traveling every day, was in LOS last May and felt like we were always on the move, this time I wanna do a bit of exploring but mainly just have a good time, find some time for myself etc.

Quote Originally Posted by discopolis View Post
    Patts in definitely on the agenda as well, but I don't want to be traveling every day, was in LOS last May and felt like we were always on the move, this time I wanna do a bit of exploring but mainly just have a good time, find some time for myself etc.
    Yup, when over there I want to stay put as well, and get to know an area well before exploring somewhere else next trip. But I've never been to BKK and want to at least experience the plaza for a night or two. Then off to Patts for the rest.

I briefly thought about Summer Breeze last time as well. But I was at Kelly's both times and loved it. A bit more tucked away on Nanai, guest friendly and Dan's a great bloke. He'll look after you if you decide to be a bit further back from the action(which I'm not sure to what degree it's going to exist on Bangla in August). Smiley would be the authority on that.

Cadet
    Thanks Bacon, will definitely look into Kelly's now!

Platinum
    That should be a great trip.
    SummerBreeze is on Soi Sansabai and there is a constant stream of lovely girls, not so lovely Ladyboys and heaps of interesting and unusual people going up and down there all the time.
    We haven't been to Pattaya yet and will go as soon as we get bored with Patong. We have had over 30 trips so far and Patong is still exciting and fun and never boring as it is constantly changing.

Cadet
    Summer Breeze looks like a winner, Kelly's looks sensational but is getting a bit pricey.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    WTTB, Yeah, I would steer clear of travel agents. Stay connected here, S'all you need.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Cadet
    You used to have lots of interesting stuff to say Cippy, still got the same Avatar too!

If our sh*t overlaps in August we might be able to catch up in LOS. Wouldn't mind poking my head into Patong for a couple of days. Would be great to go on a crawl with Smiley. I missed out last time cuz PI went dark on my second day in LOS and I lost contact with the board ##

How old are you by the way?

Cadet Bronze
    Welcome to the board

Cadet Bronze
    Summer breeze is a great place to stay you can't go wrong Bill the owner is a great host

Cadet
    Thanks Happy, good to hear!

Hey Disco. I'm also going in August, this is also my first solo trip in a bloody long time, and, I'm also staying at the summer breeze (14 nights booked and paid for already). I've got a bit of a stay in Bangkok as well.

Nice to hear from you. Maybe catch up with you for a beer in August at the summer breeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast