Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: new here

Newby

new here

Hey everyone.

so im new to the boards and have had a quick look over it seems pretty imformative.
    Im also new to Thailand and im planning a visit towards the end of june or beginning of july for 3-4 weeks. Im not really sure where to go or where to avoid at these times so any info would be greatly appreciated.
    how much would you guys thinkwould be needed to cover this length of holiday. I want to do all the touristy things plus some extra curricular activities. i would like a mix of accomodation i dont mind staying in backpackers but would like to live it up now and then for a bit of comfort.

thanks guys

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    WTTB , with 3-4 weeks , I would spend three days in Bangkok , 5-7 days in Patong , the same in Lamai and Pattaya

I would budget between THB 5-10k per day , depending on how much you like to party ...

Welcome Nelly Boy... what SE said... 5000 baht minimum per day I would say. Also depends how infatuated you get with the girls...

I think Koh Samui is a good place for a first timer... I'm not sure Pattaya is a first trip choice... unless you are a true monger already... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

^ with Patong then Samui he could build himself up for Patts , as with all sports you need to warm up first .... Otherwise you could hurt yourself

How old are you Nellyboy

^True... probably need to find out if he is interested in TGs first... he may just be a normal tourist... 555

A friend of mine has been in SE Asia for 6 months... I told him to visit Soi Cowboy... and he did... and wasn't very happy I had sent him there... said it was full of dirty uncles... 555

The term "extra curricular " gave it away methinks

ah yes... probably isn't backgammon.. or connect 4 alone... 555

Newby
    thanks for the replys guys, im 30 mate.
    im also pertty new to the whole scene so i wouldnt mind starting quietly just so i can get a grip of the lifestyle lol. i might have to revise my budget then i was planning on having 3000 aud to spend for the period or maybe i will have to cut back on drinking and other activities.
    i was thinking of flying into bangkok for a few nights then go to pataya ( not sure now might leave it until the end of my trip) then head toward Phuket and base myself there for most of my trip doing day trips and overnights etc.
    btw how much do you guys know about internal flights in thailand, like an estimate on how much they cost and do i have to book them online in advance or can i book them there. Also what about bus travel would it be less expensive to travel by bus than fly from say Bangkok to phuket,

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ much better to fly to Phuket. Buses are quite dangerous and uncomfortable to say the least,especially when there`s some lunatic at the wheel for 12 hours.

Flights to Phuket with AirAsia or Nok are around 1600-2000 baht and take about hour + taxis....flights are cheaper the earlier you book them,eg if you book the day before you may pay 3,000 baht or more.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by nellyboy View Post
    thanks for the replys guys, im 30 mate.
    im also pertty new to the whole scene so i wouldnt mind starting quietly just so i can get a grip of the lifestyle lol. i might have to revise my budget then i was planning on having 3000 aud to spend for the period or maybe i will have to cut back on drinking and other activities.
    i was thinking of flying into bangkok for a few nights then go to pataya ( not sure now might leave it until the end of my trip) then head toward Phuket and base myself there for most of my trip doing day trips and overnights etc.
    btw how much do you guys know about internal flights in thailand, like an estimate on how much they cost and do i have to book them online in advance or can i book them there. Also what about bus travel would it be less expensive to travel by bus than fly from say Bangkok to phuket,
    Firstly welcome to the board nellyboy

When i travel to LOS i generally have a daily budget of 6000 baht. so for a 3 week stay i will normally bring $4,500 AUD (130,000 baht) just to be safe and happy.
    your best bet is to fly to phuket from bangkok, only takes an hour and its not that expensive, there are several thai domestic airlines to choose from, they are Thai airways, Bangkok Airways, Nok Air & Air Asia.

Nok air & AirAsia are the cheapest out of the 4 but you have to fly in and out of don muang airport which can be a pain at times.

phuket - BKK return prices.
    Thai Airways = $155 AUD
    Bangkok Airways = $110 AUD
    Air Asia = $80 - $110 AUD
    Nok Air = $110 AUD

(only use this as a rough guide only, prices of flights always change)

P.S yes catching a bus is allot cheaper but you waste a whole day or 2 getting to and from your destinations. better just to spend the extra and get there in an hour.

Hi Nellyboy and welcome. First trip to Thailand I guarantee won't be your last.

Agree with Moo Uaon regarding the bus from Bangkok to Phuket. I did it once, never again. Not worth saving a couple of hundred bucks and wasting a whole day (12 hours minimum) on the bus followed by a day to recover. Mind you, the bus is sure to be full of lovely Thai girls on their way to work, seriously, not worth it though. Bus to Pataya is fine, only a couple of hours.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome to the Board Nellyboy.

My first trip was :
    Bkk for a few days, a bit of a culture and climate shock.
    Then did Patong for a week. Flew one way
    I then flew BKK air from Patong direct to Pattaya, a good trip, cost a bit less than flying back to BKK and then cab down to Patts, also saved some time and had some great views, so try for a window set.

The tourist side of things are mainly in Patong, the islands etc and BKK with temples, river markets etc.
    Patts is mostly all bars and GoGo's, there is touristy things but a bit more out of the way.

Have a great trip, ask away here there is a wealth of knowledge and everyone shares freely.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Hi Nelly Boy and welcome.
    $3k for 3 weeks would do fine ...4 weeks may be pushing it.
    But you'll find your way.
    Read up , post up , and you'll find even more info on here.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    wecome...lots of old hands here to help..dont be afraid to ask...as its your 1st trip...start slowly and find your way...dont worry it wont take you long 5555...you life is about to change forever 55555

welcome to the board!