Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member - sort of ex-PI

New member - sort of ex-PI

Hi everyone,

I joined Phuket info several months back because I'm spending 6 weeks in Phuket later this year (very excited, first visit since an extended stay in Kamala Beach around ten years ago).

Everyone on PI gave me loads of great advice about for example, places to stay in Kamala (I originally stayed at 'The Cub' ten years back) but now all that good advice has disappeared into cyberspace.

So, back to square one - any recommendations for good GF accommodation in Kamala?
    Cheers,
    Bludger

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    WTTB Bludger.
    With a nick like that are you going to buy a bar?

WTTB mate

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Welcome to the board!

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    WTTB Bludger, im sure you will get the advice you need soon
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Wttb, Bludger! Are you looking for bit of the ol "in-out, in-out?" 55
    Hopefully not for a bit of "ultra-violence"...

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me to the board - I promise a trip report during November / December this year..

Hahahaha - even more of a bludger than a bar owner Zablive - I work for local government in Oz

A bit of of the ol "in-out, in-out" with a tasty young Devotchka wouldn't go amiss slampay!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    WTTB Bludger,
    I'm sure you will find many familiar people here.
    Enjoy your trip look forward to your report.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Hi Bludger, great name!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    bludger
    A man who lives upon the proceeds of prostitution.

The original definition - hence the bar question 555!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Hey I remember that avatar.

After ten years, you're gonna want to bludge for 6 weeks straight mate. Should be a good trip report. What month you heading there?

And welcome to TD.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Thanks Bacon - I'll be landing on the 30th October mate. Although I should point out although it's my first trip to Phuket in ten years, since then I've probably spent two of the last ten years in Pattaya. I just got lazy, and kept going back to Pattaya, even though I knew deep down that the time I spent in Phuket ten years ago was without a shadow of a doubt the best time I ever had in Thailand.

Well I never knew that's where the word 'bludger' came from Zablive - you learn something everyday!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    Thanks Bacon - I'll be landing on the 30th October mate. Although I should point out although it's my first trip to Phuket in ten years, since then I've probably spent two of the last ten years in Pattaya. I just got lazy, and kept going back to Pattaya, even though I knew deep down that the time I spent in Phuket ten years ago was without a shadow of a doubt the best time I ever had in Thailand.

Well I never knew that's where the word 'bludger' came from Zablive - you learn something everyday!
    Think you might get a small fright on how Patong looks like after a 10 year gap...you might even get lost 55555...see no one has givin you any recomendations for accomadation yet for Kamala...if you staying in patong as well..try white patong

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    WTTB Bludger
    Last edited by Nomad; 7th August 2013 at 22:53.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Wttb Bludger classic name

GMT
    Cadet Bronze
    wttb Bludger ... must admit, I didn't know the meaning of that word ...never even heard of it before.

I noticed a *lot* of changes in Patong Beach in just 5 years, so you won't recognise the place after 10 years away. I would advise that you find something brown eyed/black haired to act as a guide until you get your bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    Think you might get a small fright on how Patong looks like after a 10 year gap...you might even get lost 55555...see no one has givin you any recomendations for accomadation yet for Kamala...if you staying in patong as well..try white patong
    Thanks for the tip Meese - I'll probably stay a few nights in Patong at some point so will check out 'White Patong'. You're right, no tips for Kamala accommodation yet - maybe I'll try another section of the forum.

Yeah I'm sure it's changed a lot, and another thing is last time I was over there was just before the tsunami. Not sure how much rebuilding went on around Kamala/Patong after that, probably quite a bit I would imagine. Had a bit of a GFE with a girl who used to do massage on the beach at Kamala - I'd like to find out if she was OK, she was a lovely girl. No GFE this time around though, I've learnt my lesson. The minute you've got a Thai girl in tow, that's when you see the girl of your dreams at every turn - sod's law Very frustrating, I'm sure you've all been there

Joining this forum and planning my forthcoming Phuket trip got me to thinking a lot about my first trip to Phuket in 2003. As I've got a very good memory for detail, I reckon I could have a pretty good crack at a retrospective trip report - it was a hell of a trip and I was a complete newbie at the time, so a very steep learning curve. I have plenty of photos to jog my memory although as I did not have a digital camera at the time, someone would have to tell me the best way to get them scanned and onto the trip report. Anyone interested? If so, I'll get cracking on it. Cheers, Bludge

Cadet silver
    Hi Bludger and welcome to the board. What's your first name?.....Dole?

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    HI Bludger and WTTB ! When you learn how to scan those photos , i for one would love to see Patong 10 years ago !
    !qq!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast