Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rookies on the way

Cadet Bronze

Rookies on the way

Hi all,

Thanks to all who make this place a great read, been very helpful with our trip planning, and learning the cultural side of things, seeing its the first time we are visiting. Greatly appreciated.
    Heading to LOS for the first time in March, started out as me with a back pack and no plans, to 6 of us from Melbourne heading over. Cant wait to take it all in and experience all it has to offer.

Cheers,
    Andy

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Sound slike a fun way to learn about Thai culture. 6 guys in LOS ..... Sounds like a great trip report title

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Have done the boys trip to Phuket before. One small tip don't wait for the others all the time if they are tardy getting up and about, go and explore by yourself, and you might find a few pleasant surprises.

WTTB
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome Andy.

if you stay and keep posting you will find a whole lot of great info and help with your trip.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    WTB Andy, you gunna have a great time
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    Where in LOS are you guys heading? Hopefully the current Bangkok troubles will have settled down by the time you get to LOS in March.

Cadet Bronze
    Welcome and enjoy the trip. Once you get some dates and locations I'm sure there will be plenty happy to have a beer or show their favourite spot.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Yes, backpacker's are not a perspective we see a lot here. I used to travel that way almost exclusively. I used to proudly say I travelled "dirt bag" style.

We would love to hear about the trip and see some pictures, welcome.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Welcome aboard,
    A bit of advice I wish some one had given me on my first trip. Make sure you book "girl Friendly" accomodation and a room on your own.
    My first trip I stayed in a room with 2 mates in a place that back then charged 300 baht a night to bring Girls back...it was f#cked.
    Have a good one and dont be scared to ask questions.
    A good tip.If staying in Patong contact "Billpay" a member here for accom. He has a great Hotel with all you need for a fun time.
    Last edited by Tingtong; 8th January 2014 at 08:50.

Cadet Bronze
    Thanks guys.
    We are arriving in Phuket on March 15 and spending 4 nights in Patong (The Kee Resort...any good?), then off to Phi Phi for a couple days, then we shall come back to Patong for 5 nights. All first timers as well. Had to make the most of the Jetstar sale, which was $606 return.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Kee is in a great position.You will be able to see some ass smacking fun establishments from your window,if you`re on the right side.

Not sure if it has a joiners fee to take the girls back or not.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks to all who make this place a great read, been very helpful with our trip planning, and learning the cultural side of things, seeing its the first time we are visiting. Greatly appreciated.
    Heading to LOS for the first time in March, started out as me with a back pack and no plans, to 6 of us from Melbourne heading over. Cant wait to take it all in and experience all it has to offer.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Yo Andy. WTTB. What does backpacker mean these days? Used to mean not much baht and stayed in a dormitory. But you are staying at a resort...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Kee is in a great position.You will be able to see some ass smacking fun establishments from your window,if you`re on the right side.

Not sure if it has a joiners fee to take the girls back or not.
    The Kee is 'shiite' 555 Vaguely remember reading they do charge a joiner.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    ^^
    Yup 1,000 baht joiner fee:

Kee Resort Joiner Fee
    Last edited by Nubbins; 8th January 2014 at 14:08.

I stayed at The Kee during my first trip to Patong. Very nice hotel, great pool with a swim-up bar and close to all the action. The action is literally in your backyard. However, they do charge a 1000 baht joiner fee which didn't bother me too much at the time but I wouldn't stay there again because of it. The rooms are really nice and the girls sure seemed to enjoy them I dig the lights under the bed, kinda sets the mood upon entry.

Enjoy your trip, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun! Just watch out for the ladyboys, unless that's your thing of course.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    ...However, they do charge a 1000 baht joiner fee which didn't bother me too much at the time but I wouldn't stay there again because of it...
    Doesn't the name kind of imply it's a one time thing? If not, that's pretty lame! Almost forgot, WTTB from a fellow first timer!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTX View Post
    Doesn't the name kind of imply it's a one time thing? If not, that's pretty lame! Almost forgot, WTTB from a fellow first timer!
    1000 baht per night times four nights? ....boy, the things I could do with 4000 baht on Bangla which is why I switched away from The KEE to BYD

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    1000 baht per night times four nights? ....boy, the things I could do with 4000 baht on Bangla which is why I switched away from The KEE to BYD
    BYD is very nice, not cheap, if we are talking about the same one. Quiet neighbourhood, Great restaurant, unless it has fallen apart since Aguero left. 555
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

I guess that kind of answers my question haha. When I read joiners fee I interpreted it as a fee for visiting (joining) their hotel chain for the first time, but I see it must be for joining in another sense

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Kee is also an expensive 4 star hotel by Phuket standards...do yourselves a favour kid and find more suitable accommodation...it's about 5 miles higher than a backpackers joint 555

if you still want luxury try the Salathai..great hotel...something under $50 a night try Board Member Billpay's Summer Breeze....believe me you will be much happier spending your money on nightlife rather than on digs where a TG companion is not welcome

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast