Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Howdy

Howdy

Just a quick post to say hi. Was a member on Phuket Info for a few years but have just been a forum observer since Nicke passed and that forum shut down.
    Since being married to my Thai wife my trips to los have been a little less frequent but on my last trip went to Chiang Mai for the first time and think Ive found my new favourite destination. Patong seems to have become a giant construction site and was never really a fan of Bangkok. 1st post of many I hope, cheers all!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Wttb, you will find there are a lot of ex-PI members here. Looking forward to your posts on Chiang Mai as I've never been. Cheers.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    Hiya Wozza.

I was just up in CM recently. I'm planning a return visit soon as I'm really very attracted to the place. I may eventually move there.

As said, there are lots of ex PI BMs here (I was Oz_Mike on PI). This forum tends to be rather more mellow and friendly than PI, where you sometimes had to wear flameproof undies.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Welcome Wozza, enjoy the forum and look forward to your contribution.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Welcome to the board wozza. Good to see more PI members still joining after all these months.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    WTTB Wozza

Wttb wozza,
    I've been to Chiang Mai twice now and will return. Beautiful place.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    WTTB wozza, I am just back from CM myself and am a huge fan of the place.

Welcome Wozza!
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    WW ...welcome Woz.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Welcome, enjoy the Forum.

G'day Wozza

Anyone been to safari world in Chiang Mai? sure its a bit touristy but the night safari ride though the open zoo is top notch. If you haven't been its worth a visit.

As it was my first time did a few of the touristy things. The zoo, which I found to be a big disappointment actually. The hill tribe village-I should have known better, the elephant park which i thought was quite good.
    Stayed in a hotel/guesthouse called Ban Nam Sai off Moonmuang Rd., great value, close to everything and friendly staff and only 600 baht a night.
    Hired a car for a few days and spent a couple of nights in Chiang Rai. Didnt plan the drive up there to well and it ended up pissing down, pitch black and that mountain covered in fog/mist all the way-think I got religion that night. Thought the White temple up there was quite spectacular. Drive back was in daylight was better the scenery is fantastic.
    It will take a few more trips before I'm sure but my first impression of Chiang Mai is I would'nt mind living there either. My next trip back is looking like a dental holiday so if anybody has any recommendations I'd be glad to hear them.

WTTB Wozza.

Plenty of good Dentists in CM; Grace, Elite Smile, Empress ... just name a few.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

WTTB Wozza.

Plenty of good Dentists in CM; Grace, Elite Smile, Empress ... just to name a few.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Welcome Wozza.........

Cadet Bronze
    WTTB mate, dentists is touch and go, I get mine done at AEK Udon Hospital in Udon Thani. Haven't had any problems yet, got a few fillings done in Buriram a while back, most fell out, what do you expect for 500 baht

At AEK Udon I've got a membership card, I just call up with the membership number for a booking, they know great english too! Im sure there's a few in CM, just trial and error until you find the right one for you!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Hi Wozza,
    I came over from PI as well (fireysteve)
    Have to agree with you about Phuket. My last trip there I felt like I was a bit over it and went to Krabi for a few days and that was enough. Not much going on there.
    Im tempted to try up north as well one day. Chiang Mai sounds good.