Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hi to all BM's !

Cadet

Hi to all BM's !

Hi all, greo signing in for hopefully a fruitful exchange of discussion and knowledge of all things Thai.
    I was a member of phuket-info for a few years. Devastated to hear about Nicke, a great host, who I met a few times on my visits. I don't know how many of the said forum have joined here but maybe come across a few in the future!

WTTB Geo. A lot of ex PI folk here. Where are you based?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome Greo, you will find lots of familiar BM's here, looking forward to hearing your experiences.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    WTTB Geo. A lot of ex PI folk here. Where are you based?
    Thanks Distantpeak, I live in Liverpool, England. I have been going to LOS for about 10 years. Usually twice a year.
    Dismayed a little over the increases, in prices, of staples in Patong, e.g hotels, drinks and especially girls, have been going to Pattaya, and short trips to other places over the last 5 years. The times they are a changing all over LOS and not for the better, I think!
    How about you? what do you think?
    Take care, greo

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    WTTB greo...make yourself at home!
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Welcome aboard ol' matey, enjoy the Forum.

Cadet
    Hi, will post a few trip reports as soon as I get some time. Regards greo

Cadet
    Hi, thanks for the welcome. Hope to get acquainted, in the future, with BM's.
    regards greo

Cadet
    Hey Bawdy, long time no talk! How are you? You must be one of the longest serving BM's here, if PI is included.
    What do you think of Phuket and LOS in general now? Change is happening so fast, hard to recognise the place.
    Take care
    greo

Quote Originally Posted by greo View Post
    Hey Bawdy, long time no talk! How are you? You must be one of the longest serving BM's here, if PI is included.
    What do you think of Phuket and LOS in general now? Change is happening so fast, hard to recognise the place.
    Take care
    greo
    Hi Matey, great to see you here. Last time we met was one of the few times I actually made it to MTB. I'm heading back on Sunday. Not so much a fan of Phuket these days, I'm happiest when on Soi 6 in Pattaya, also heading to Khon Kaen and Kalasin for the 1st time. Take care and welcome again.

Quote Originally Posted by greo View Post
    Thanks Distantpeak, I live in Liverpool, England. I have been going to LOS for about 10 years. Usually twice a year.
    Dismayed a little over the increases, in prices, of staples in Patong, e.g hotels, drinks and especially girls, have been going to Pattaya, and short trips to other places over the last 5 years. The times they are a changing all over LOS and not for the better, I think!
    How about you? what do you think?
    Take care, greo
    Everton or Liverpool?

I think times are changing too... I'm a fan or Pattaya and Samui myself... when is your next trip?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    WTTB Greo , enjoy your time on here

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    WTTB........lots of PI people in here for sure.

Greatings from Denmark

Welcome and as we say here in my region of Denmark "Go Dav Do or Mjn"

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Welcome Greo
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Welcome Greo.

I joined PI 2-3 months before it went down. By then I had already built a bit of an affection for the community and was devastated as well. A bit of searching landed me here and I've been posting ever since. And as DP mentioned, a great deal of ex PI BMs are here now.

I think the feeling is mutual amongst most people who've been going to LoS for years. Myself not included as my first trip was over a year ago, so I have no basis for comparison. But that said, it still beats most other holiday destinations and definitely worth the time and energy.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    WTTB Greo .

Cadet
    Liverpool is my team. I live in small town of Formby. Most of the team and Brendan Rogers live here also. Nobody bothers them and they just walk around unhindered.
    Only returned home 7 weeks ago, after 5 weeks in LOS. Stayed 1 week in BKK then 4 in Patts.,
    I stayed in Darwin Hotel, Soi 4, BKK. Good hotel right in the playgound. Then Nature View Hotel in Patts., Good hotel, on Soi Buakaow, only 4 years old and have stayed there twice a year since opening.
    Never been to Samui but heard it was a bit quiet for mongers? My next trip hopefully will be late September/October. Need a change of scenery and faces really, any ideas?
    Quarky likes this.

Cadet
    I know what you mean about Soi 6 5555!
    Would be grateful to hear about your next trip to Khon Kaen and Kalasin. I had a funny experience (wasn't at the time!) near there.
    I booked a hotel, on internet in Udon Thani and flew there from BKK. On arrival, a bus was there to take me to the hotel. I was the only passenger! After about 15 minutes, I saw a sign saying Udon to the left, but we went right. I queried this but driver said this best way. After another 20 minutes we arrived at a huge, brand new hotel. smack in the middle of nowhere! I got out and went in to a foyer the size of a football pitch, all marble and hardwood. Arriving at the desk, I said to staff I thought I was in wrong hotel, as mine was supposed to be 5 minute walk to town centre. The girls curled up laughing and said " no, 20 minutes in taxi". I told them this was my agreement and to ring the company I booked with. This was done and after some strong words they said I would not be charged and the hotel would take me to town to another hotel.
    On arrival at hotel in Udon, in a scruffy Soi, I booked in and paid for 1 night only, to see what it was like. My room was on the top floor and the lift out of order. None of the staff offered to help with my bags. Arriving at the room, the door lock was broken, off the door, and I checked out room. Bed was unmade and mattress filthy. No room safe or soap etc., in bathroom. I did about turn and back to the desk. All staff pretended to not speak English but I eventually got my money back and asked the to call me a taxi.
    This was refused so I had to go on the street to hail one. By this time I had had enough! I told taxi to take me to airport.
    On arrival at airport, I was told all flights to BKK were full and next was 9 hours wait. Nothing for it but to settle in and wait.
    Back at BKK, I took a taxi to Pattaya and arrived there at 11.45 pm. Hotel I have booked for 3 weeks, starting next week was full until next day.
    I found a room in a crap hotel for the night and just sat in a chair, as the bed was alive! Next day Nature View hotel found me a room and all was well.
    After travelling and waiting for over 24 hours I was finally settled. What a trip!
    Last edited by greo; 13th June 2014 at 22:57.

^ Interesting experience. I'm flying to Udon but not spending any time there, straight to Khon Kaen, staying at the 5 star Pullman, bars are just outside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast