Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Gidday from NZ

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299

    Gidday from NZ

    Hi all....

    New to this Forum, been to LOS many times over the last 30 years including trips to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Philipines.
    Quarky likes this.

  2. #2
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,579
    So how come... after 30 years... you finally fell for one?

    And where in NZ are you from?

    I grew up in Auckland.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  3. #3
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,286
    Welcome cuzzy what part of NZ you from?
    30 posts gets you into main forum hope enjoy it here.
    .

  4. #4
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,451
    Welcome Cuzzy
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Welcome cuzzy what part of NZ you from?
    30 posts gets you into main forum hope enjoy it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    So how come... after 30 years... you finally fell for one?

    And where in NZ are you from?

    I grew up in Auckland.

    Hi guys,

    I'm in Tauranga. Been here since 1990. Born in Invercargill, grew up in Bucklands Beach Auckland. Married a Kiwi girl, 2 kids. Seperated and divorced ages ago.

    Worked in Perth for a few years. While there. met the sister of my neighbours down the road who are from Chumphae. Known her for about 4 years, she's been here only once ?? but putting plans in place for her return in February 2015 hopefully on a Partnership Visa.

    She, Au, is a beautiful very fair skinned Isaan lass. I keep joking with Mama that she must have had a farang boyfriend, which is always greeted with much laughter from the family.

    My first direct contact with a Thai woman was when I was 17. My Aunty & Uncle sponsored her over from Chiang Mai. Ampha was also 17........ and captivatingly beautiful. We still keep in touch, never more than a platonic relationship. I was hooked.. way back then.
    Minder, Stillearly and supmate like this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  6. #6
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,579
    Tauranga. I love that area... Mt Maunganui is where I have spent quite a bit of time. I would imagine getting a girl into NZ is not dissimilar to getting her into Australia? I guess its changed since your aunty and uncle did it? Did the girl they sponsored stay in NZ? Or was it just a short trip?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Welcome cuzzy what part of NZ you from?
    30 posts gets you into main forum hope enjoy it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    So how come... after 30 years... you finally fell for one?

    And where in NZ are you from?

    I grew up in Auckland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Tauranga. I love that area... Mt Maunganui is where I have spent quite a bit of time. I would imagine getting a girl into NZ is not dissimilar to getting her into Australia? I guess its changed since your aunty and uncle did it? Did the girl they sponsored stay in NZ? Or was it just a short trip?
    Ampha stayed 4 years. We did a Kiwi style 21st for her before she returned home.

    Talking with my Aunty & Uncle, the Visa process hasn't changed much really. When Au came here earlier this year I initialy looked at employing a Visa Agent. When we were quoted the costs by both NZ and Thai agents Au said no, that we would do ourselves. Basically an easy process as long as all the required information is supplied and lots of support evidence of an ongoing relationship, employment history, sufficient funds etc and me as Sponsor.

    It will be a little different this time as Au has returned home to be with her Mum following the death recently of her Father. She is now not employed by a 'company' but manages the shop out of the basement of the family home. Difficult to provide employment history under those circumstances. We are hoping that compliance with the previous Visa conditions will put us in a favourable position.

    Tauranga and Mt Maunganui, yes... I live in a nice part of the country.


    Thanks Rivo...
    Last edited by Cuzzy; 15th November 2014 at 08:42. Reason: forgot to thank Rivo
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  8. #8
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,962
    Welcome cuzzy bro
    wabbits and Bacon like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 
      
       
       
         
       
      
     

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Welcome cuzzy bro
    Thanks... nice to be here.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    wollongong
    Posts
    3,244
    Welcome aboard Bro.

    Im interested how you get to Thailand. do you have to fly via Aust?

    Nice avatar Btw

  11. #11
    zen
    zen is offline
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    41
    WTTB Cuzzy, have fun.

  12. #12
    Frequent Flyer kaptainrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lannaland
    Posts
    8,668
    Welcome buddy ... me an Akl boy but prefer the warmer climes of Cnx now. Enjoyed a heap of craft brews while home last few weeks ... there are some things I miss but sitting around a charcoal brazier with a pale ale is somewhat strange.

    We pass through Chumpae regularly on visits to Isaan though I can't say there's much of interest other than sculptured trees in the region.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,750
    WTTB Cuzzy, enjoy your time here

  14. #14
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,286
    The Mount spent some time over there used to race at the track but I believe its well gone now.
    Nice part of the world.
    .

  15. #15
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    WTTB Cuz ... another Kiwi here although long time Aussie resident now ...
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Haha I'm trying to multi quote but can't get my head around it yet...

    Thanks all for the welcomes... I'm overwhelmed with the LOVE lol.

    Ting Tong:
    Welcome aboard Bro.

    Im interested how you get to Thailand. do you have to fly via Aust?

    Nice avatar Btw

    I usually fly direct out of Auckland on Thai. Sometimes I go via Brisbane where me ex-wifes father lives and spend a couple of days with him.
    The 11.5hr direct is a killer on my lumbar but have learn't recently how to manage that better and will revert to direct flights.
    My avatar is a lady I know in Phuket, my hairdresser.

    Zen: Thanks
    kaptainrob: Thanks, yep have to agree about Chumphae. The family is actually closer to Phu Kiao. A small village by the name of Ban Ya Nang. Very rural

    Stillearly: Thank you, I'm sure I will.

    wabbits: Yeah mate, Bay Park is long gone. Now a residential area. Bayfair Mall is now 'THE' shopping place to be. There is an indoor stadium and dirt track for speedway over the railway track. The road down towards Te Puke is halfway through development to a dual carriageway both directions with the link being extended to Te Puke in the near future. I don't know why they didn't include a light rail link ??? Short sighted Local Government reigns supreme.

    Sydney: Cheers brother.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,855
    Welcome Cuzzy.

    For the moment answer each post individually, it will get your post count up and open more levels for you.

    To multi quote later, you will see on the right of "Reply with quote" a little plus sign if you hover the mouse it will say "Multi quote this message." click on the ones you want to include in your response then on the last one hit "reply with quote" and they will all be on the one post for you.
    If you want to answer or comment on each individually then insert the cursor after the first quote and type what you want, then under the 2nd etc etc.

    Hope you enjoy it here, we look forward to your input and any stories or ideas, experiences etc you wish to share.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  18. #18
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Welcome cuzzy bro
    WTB Cuzzy. Re Employment my TG has not worked in a stable job, re coming back & forth to Oz, but her Employment never been an issue on any TV I have done and there has been a few , last couple I never signed Stat Dec signed or had it witnessed, as just emailed it across.

    Jonty, an average conveyance Racehorse here in West Oz called Cuzzy Bro, he has a record not to get excited about

    Career
    22 starts:1 win-2 Seconds -1 Third Stakemoney $21, 580
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 15th November 2014 at 16:37.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Welcome cuzzy what part of NZ you from?
    30 posts gets you into main forum hope enjoy it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    So how come... after 30 years... you finally fell for one?

    And where in NZ are you from?

    I grew up in Auckland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Welcome aboard Bro.

    Im interested how you get to Thailand. do you have to fly via Aust?

    Nice avatar Btw
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Welcome buddy ... me an Akl boy but prefer the warmer climes of Cnx now. Enjoyed a heap of craft brews while home last few weeks ... there are some things I miss but sitting around a charcoal brazier with a pale ale is somewhat strange.

    We pass through Chumpae regularly on visits to Isaan though I can't say there's much of interest other than sculptured trees in the region.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    WTTB Cuzzy, enjoy your time here
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    The Mount spent some time over there used to race at the track but I believe its well gone now.
    Nice part of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    WTTB Cuz ... another Kiwi here although long time Aussie resident now ...
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Welcome Cuzzy.

    For the moment answer each post individually, it will get your post count up and open more levels for you.

    To multi quote later, you will see on the right of "Reply with quote" a little plus sign if you hover the mouse it will say "Multi quote this message." click on the ones you want to include in your response then on the last one hit "reply with quote" and they will all be on the one post for you.
    If you want to answer or comment on each individually then insert the cursor after the first quote and type what you want, then under the 2nd etc etc.

    Hope you enjoy it here, we look forward to your input and any stories or ideas, experiences etc you wish to share.
    Yep yep.. getting it sorted.. I think.


    Ooops that didn't work.
    Last edited by Cuzzy; 15th November 2014 at 17:43. Reason: Testing testing
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    WTB Cuzzy. Re Employment my TG has not worked in a stable job, re coming back & forth to Oz, but her Employment never been an issue on any TV I have done and there has been a few , last couple I never signed Stat Dec signed or had it witnessed, as just emailed it across.

    Jonty, an average conveyance Racehorse here in West Oz called Cuzzy Bro, he has a record not to get excited about

    Career
    22 starts:1 win-2 Seconds -1 Third Stakemoney $21, 580
    That seems like good payout for the stats ??
    Last edited by Cuzzy; 15th November 2014 at 17:47. Reason: Not working
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •