Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hi guys.

  1. #1
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    31

    Hi guys.

    I just found this forum while surfing for something or another Thailand related on the net, and after getting completely lost and opening pages that had nothing to do with the original search, ended up here. We all know how that goes sometimes!. Didn't know this forum existed but after reading threads as a guest for a few hours, thought I should join. Maybe I can add something now and then, I've lived in Pattaya and Jomtien for something like 20 years now. My user name is stolen from the label of a bottle of water on my desk, and has no real meaning!. Thanks for reading, and a belated happy new year to all.

  2. #2
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Welcome aboard Baraka enjoy loads more stuff in main forum 30 posts away.
    .

  3. #3
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,061
    Welcome Baraka. I don't think I know anyone who actually lives in Jomtien... though been there a few times myself. 20 years in the area... must have seen plenty of changes!
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,817
    Welcome to the board. I guess somehow you were meant to find us eh? Maybe to help us out with knowledge you would have heaps off living there for so long.

    Where were you from before moving to LOS??
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,695
    Welcome Baraka. Another LoS Vetran it seems.

    I was eating bacon when I signed up. Or had just finished eating. Can't remember.

    And yeah, there are a couple of levels to this forum that eventually unlock with more and more posts, and offer more private discussions away from the prying eyes of those nasty spiders.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  6. #6
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    31
    Thanks for the welcome guys. Distantpeak, Jomtien has changed a lot but nowhere near as much as Central Pattaya where I use to live. It was great 20 years ago, not much traffic and very little congestion except for dates like long weekends and new years eve. It's just ridiculous there now though, and only getting worse. To go to the big supermarkets there on weekly food shops, I make sure to have everything done and be home before 10:00 AM these days to avoid the grid-locks. Jomtien is still relatively quiet, might get another 10 years of peace there before having to move further South again.

  7. #7
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys. Distantpeak, Jomtien has changed a lot but nowhere near as much as Central Pattaya where I use to live. It was great 20 years ago, not much traffic and very little congestion except for dates like long weekends and new years eve. It's just ridiculous there now though, and only getting worse. To go to the big supermarkets there on weekly food shops, I make sure to have everything done and be home before 10:00 AM these days to avoid the grid-locks. Jomtien is still relatively quiet, might get another 10 years of peace there before having to move further South again.
    Traffic is bad. When travelling in to Pattaya from Bangkok... the longest part fo the journey is the last couple of miles through Pattaya... 55

    Is Jomtien's nightlife up to much? Or do you tend to go out in Pattaya if wanting to party? Or do you have a family now so lead a quieter lifestyle?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  8. #8
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Wttb baraka!

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Soi 6, Pattaya.
    Posts
    2,561
    WTTB, do you know our mate Tim Sharky? 555
    Cuzzy likes this.

  10. #10
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,323
    Welcome Baraka
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  11. #11
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,199
    Welcome Baraka......

  12. #12
    Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    1,484
    Welcome and enjoy.

  13. #13
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    31
    QUOTE=justcruzing1;203384]Welcome to the board. I guess somehow you were meant to find us eh? Maybe to help us out with knowledge you would have heaps off living there for so long.

    Where were you from before moving to LOS??[/QUOTE]

    Thanks Justcruizing. I'm a semi retired oifield guy so I've spent my whole life working around the world, but always living in various parts of South East Asia. From Australia originally but as oilfield worker tradition dictates, I left there to go seeking quality beaver, cheap beer, and tax free dollars 30+ years ago. And I haven't let the team down LOL!
    justcruzing1 likes this.

  14. #14
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Is Jomtien's nightlife up to much? Or do you tend to go out in Pattaya if wanting to party? Or do you have a family now so lead a quieter lifestyle?
    Mate, I'm past the gogo bar stage now and am more likely to be found in a good restaurant or propping up some corner of a sports bar these days. Still go to gogo bars once every week or two seeing old friends that are owners or managers, but trawling the bars on a perpetual hunt for fresh meat isn't the total priority it once was. Been living with a wonderful girl for 5+ years now, no kids but we have a fantastic life together and neither of us want for anything. That doesn't mean I don't stray once in a while, but when that happens it'll be on the Darkside or in Bang Chang. Jomtien is a bit too close to home!.
    Quarky likes this.

  15. #15
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    WTTB, do you know our mate Tim Sharky? 555
    Got this quoting business sorted now!. Yes I have met Tim a few times, we have some mutual acquaintances. Not my idea of a good bloke, far from it.

  16. #16
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    15,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    Mate, I'm past the gogo bar stage now and am more likely to be found in a good restaurant or propping up some corner of a sports bar these days. Still go to gogo bars once every week or two seeing old friends that are owners or managers, but trawling the bars on a perpetual hunt for fresh meat isn't the total priority it once was. Been living with a wonderful girl for 5+ years now, no kids but we have a fantastic life together and neither of us want for anything. That doesn't mean I don't stray once in a while, but when that happens it'll be on the Darkside or in Bang Chang. Jomtien is a bit too close to home!.
    A little like living close to the sea, after a while you get to understand that it's not going away and you don't have to dip your toes in it every night... nice to read your feedback BTW.

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,429
    WTTB Baraka , I've been visiting Pattaya for about 20 years , but I think I've only made it to Jomtiem once , if someone was looking for a night out there , what area would you recommend ?

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ban Pao
    Posts
    2,299
    Welcome from another newbie.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

  19. #19
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    ....Jomtien is still relatively quiet, might get another 10 years of peace there before having to move further South again.
    Bang Saray is nice....however will there be anywhere left in LOS that could still be called "nice" in 10 years...I'm on Samui and the growth here is relatively slow thanks to it being a proper island....however 10 years????

  20. #20
    Cadet Gold weitling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    58
    Posts
    280
    Welcome Baraka
    And Happy New Year to you to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •