Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Hello from a newbie to the board but old(ish) hand to Thailand!

Cadet

Hello from a newbie to the board but old(ish) hand to Thailand!

Hi all,

First time on this board, so be gentle!! I've been to Thailand 5 or 6 times now since around 2005, sometimes with family, sometimes on my own. I like to think of myself as adventurous but i always end up going back to the same areas in Phuket, so i'm kidding no one. My exploring covers only Chalong, Rawai, Nai harn and Kata really, so i love seeing how those places have developed in the 10+ years since i first saw them. Patong is not for me but i spend a day there every trip just to check i don't like it.

If i can answer any question about the areas i've been i will do, openly and honestly, i have no bills to pay or axe to grind.

If anyone has been to these places recently or lives there, i'd love to hear from you, it's been 18 months since i was last there and another 12 months until i return, so i feel a bit home sick

regards

Hilo

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    Hi all,

First time on this board, so be gentle!! I've been to Thailand 5 or 6 times now since around 2005, sometimes with family, sometimes on my own. I like to think of myself as adventurous but i always end up going back to the same areas in Phuket, so i'm kidding no one. My exploring covers only Chalong, Rawai, Nai harn and Kata really, so i love seeing how those places have developed in the 10+ years since i first saw them. Patong is not for me but i spend a day there every trip just to check i don't like it.

If i can answer any question about the areas i've been i will do, openly and honestly, i have no bills to pay or axe to grind.

If anyone has been to these places recently or lives there, i'd love to hear from you, it's been 18 months since i was last there and another 12 months until i return, so i feel a bit home sick

regards

Hilo
    I think you have come to the right place. You picked one of the more gentle Thai Forums. 555

Welcome.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Cadet
    Thank Cippy

There a few few board members here who are residents of Phuket.

Are you thinking about branching out a bit? Going up country . . or down?
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Welcome to the Board, Hilo!

Still searching weather you're high or low I guess, I would suggest you go for High! 555
    It is quiet on the forum, but there is more content once you post some more...

Cadet
    I've got a month in Phuket next August, I'm acting as tour guide to a bunch of friends who have never been to LOS! 16 in total a mixture of single guys and families, so entertaining them all at the same time will be challenging!!!! That's all going to be around Nai harn.

Then I've got 2 weeks to myself, so will be spending it wisely, but not sure where yet!

Cadet
    Thanks RakThai,

High on life, when I'm in LOS, low when I leave!

I've got a month in Phuket next August, I'm acting as tour guide to a bunch of friends who have never been to LOS! 16 in total a mixture of single guys and families, so entertaining them all at the same time will be challenging!!!! That's all going to be around Nai harn.

Then I've got 2 weeks to myself, so will be spending it wisely, but not sure where yet!
    Go for Samui!
    If Patong is too much for you, and you like the island vibe, Samui is just the place..

Thanks RakThai,

High on life, when I'm in LOS, low when I leave!
    So how come you only go 6 times since 2005?
    I first went to Thailand in 2007, but quit counting a while ago.. 555

Cadet
    Samui is something I've always wondered about, I'm a lazy bugger so always end up going back to what I know!

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    It's difficult to keep convincing my Wife that I want to go back for the sun and way of life and under to circumstances anything slightly dodgy!! So every couple of years I have to give in and go somewhere she chooses!!
    Cuzzy likes this.

It's difficult to keep convincing my Wife that I want to go back for the sun and way of life and under to circumstances anything slightly dodgy!! So every couple of years I have to give in and go somewhere she chooses!!
    See you write wife with a Capital.. Good boy! 555
    Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    My insurance company doesn't like I go to Thailand more than once in 5 years.... hiked the cost of my life insurance and critical illness premiums... bastards... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    My insurance company doesn't like I go to Thailand more than once in 5 years.... hiked the cost of my life insurance and critical illness premiums... bastards... 55
    Why would you tell them that? 55 It like telling your medical insurance company you smoked for a year when you were 16. Give them a reason . . .

Introduce yourself DP, don't be rude. 555
    Last edited by Cippy; 25th November 2016 at 06:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Why would you tell them that? 55 It like telling your medical insurance company you smoked for a year when you were 16. Give them a reason . . .
    Cause I wouldn't be covered if anything happened because of a trip to Thailand... so obviously I tell them everything. Even when I last swore.... and which control Left protest marches I have been on... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Cause I wouldn't be covered if anything happened because of a trip to Thailand... so obviously I tell them everything. Even when I last swore.... and which control Left protest marches I have been on... 55
    Hmm, I guess I am lucky then. I have great life/Travel insurance trough work worldwide. The wife would get a fair amount if I had an accident anywhere. Even my health insurance would kick in an extra 50,000 USD.

I am worth more dead than alive. 555
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Hmm, I guess I am lucky then. I have great life/Travel insurance trough work worldwide. The wife would get a fair amount if I had an accident anywhere. Even my health insurance would kick in an extra 50,000 USD.

I am worth more dead than alive. 555
    Mine isn't through work... was a 45 minute grilling.... and also they go through all my medical records... nothing is left to chance.... 55

Samui is something I've always wondered about, I'm a lazy bugger so always end up going back to what I know!
    How long are you going for next trip? Maybe try adding a few days in Samui... just to see if you like it?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    WTB hllo

See how quickly threads get dragged off topic here 555.

First page and we've hijacked you already.

Come up north where the real people are. Leave the hippies to laze around down south.
    Sydney likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    WTB hllo

See how quickly threads get dragged off topic here 555.

First page and we've hijacked you already.

Come up north where the real people are. Leave the hippies to laze around down south.
    New Zealand is to the south, innit? 555
    Cuzzy likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast