Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: A retired English man

A retired English man

I came across this forum when I recently re set my google news feed to Thailand , so I thought I would stop by and say Hi to every one . I am a retired English man living just out side of Pattaya with my Thai wife and daughter . I have been in Thailand for around 18 years and in that time I have been a member of several other expat forums , but due to the negative infighting and BS , over time I lost interest.

Regards - William

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Welcome to TD good sir.

There sure is a lot of crap out there! 555 We're reasonably ok though. And there are some long term expats here as well. Mostly from Phuket and CM. Looking forward to hearing some of your stories.

Cheers
    Olympus likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Welcome William hope you find what you are looking for and make some new friends.

Pretty good bunch this lot not too much crap.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    WTTB William
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    WTTB Olympus ... fascinating avatar pic ... kids aren't that bad are they ..5555
    Quarky likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    WTTB Bill (If you don't like the nick I apologise) make yourself at home...

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Welcome to TD good sir.

There sure is a lot of crap out there! 555 We're reasonably ok though. And there are some long term expats here as well. Mostly from Phuket and CM. Looking forward to hearing some of your stories.

Cheers
    Hi Bacon , having spent many years in Thailand I have seen and heard some crazy things , my wife wanted a new motorbike , so we found a six month old Wave 125i being sold by a welsh guy at a really good price , the welsh guy had come to Pattaya on holiday with his rugby club team mates and Iím sure you can guess the rest , well he met and fell in love with a gorgeous young Thai hostess, and after returning back home after the holiday, he decided to return to Pattaya to continue the relationship.

From the things he told me , he came from a wealthy business family which made his return to Thailand fairly easy to do. While back in Pattaya he did several things , first he married the Thai girl , and then he bought her a brand new Honda Wave 125i motorbike , while back in Pattaya he got the Thai girl pregnant . Then as love would have it , he decided to return home taking his un seen Thai bride back with him to meet his family .

Well that's where I spotted his advert for a quick sale on the Honda Wave 125i , so I bought this Honda and wished him good luck . Well within a few months the front wheel bearing on the Honda Wave started to make a rumbling sound , the sort of sound that says the wheel bearing is on the way out.

So clutching the Honda warranty paperwork I took the motorbike back to the original shop where the bike was purchased from , it was not a large dealership , but a mom and pop shop , where they had a line of new motorbikes out on the pavement in front of the shop , but very little stock inside the shop

I told the mechanic about the bearing problem ( I use that term mechanic lightly ) he put down his bowl of rice , slipped on his flip flops and sauntered over to the bike . With his hand he spun the bikes front wheel , and could hear the by now very noisy front wheel bearing .

He turned to my wife and said that it would cost 500 Baht to replace the faulty front wheel bearing , then my wife translated what the mechanic ( LoL ) had told her , my answer was , tell him the bike is still under warranty and there should be no charges at all.

The answer came back , No it will cost 500 Baht to replace the front wheel bearing , the reason being was ... in the mechanics view the bike had been use on to many uneven roads that had to many pot holes , thus causing the front wheel bearing to prematurely fail .

What can I say .
    wabbits, Quarky, Changone and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    WTTB Olympus ... fascinating avatar pic ... kids aren't that bad are they ..5555
    Like my dear old departed grandma use to say , when you have kids you spend the first months trying to teach them to walk and talk , and then the rest of the time telling them to sit down and shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    WTTB Bill (If you don't like the nick I apologise) make yourself at home...
    Bill , Ah reminds me of the police back home , thanks for the WTTB
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    WTTB William
    Thanks Rivo , nice to be here .

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Welcome William hope you find what you are looking for and make some new friends.

Pretty good bunch this lot not too much crap.

New friends are all ways nice

just a smidgen more about yours truly .....

In the past I have had many occupations including , electrical engineer , market trader , pub owner , entertainment stage manager , second hand car dealer , radio station jingle writer , DJ , wine waiter , chip show owner, launderette owner , MC ( master of ceremonies ) landlord, and finally running my own successful business , which allowed me to retire early .
    Moo Uaon and OZZYGUY like this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I think I know that welsh guy had a few mates living where we were and had a condo Jonti way,was not that young but his parents sent him quite a good allowance. Big guy but can't recall his name but a good bunch to hang out with.

Oh and welcome.555

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Oh and welcome.555
    Thanks for the welcome , I'm feeling at home all ready
    wabbits likes this.

I think I know that welsh guy had a few mates living where we were and had a condo Jonti way,was not that young but his parents sent him quite a good allowance. Big guy but can't recall his name but a good bunch to hang out with.
    This guy I would say was in his late 20ís , tall dark hair and annoyingly good looking , He / her were staying in a cheap rented room , and one thing I made a mistake by not doing was , when I paid him cash for the motor bike in his room , he had a new Sony laptop lying on the bed , still with its original packing box , he saw me looking at it and asked it I wanted to buy it , I said no , going on what he sold the Honda Wave for, I am sure it would have been a steal

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    This guy I would say was in his late 20’s , tall dark hair and annoyingly good looking , He / her were staying in a cheap rented room , and one thing I made a mistake by not doing was , when I paid him cash for the motor bike in his room , he had a new Sony laptop lying on the bed , still with its original packing box , he saw me looking at it and asked it I wanted to buy it , I said no , going on what he sold the Honda Wave for, I am sure it would have been a steal
    Different guy I hung out with about 5 Cardiff boys all rugby types but the guy you talk about sounded like one of them.
    we were living on Prattinmak Hill but that was close to 7 years ago now so memory a bit hazy.

Different guy I hung out with about 5 Cardiff boys all rugby types but the guy you talk about sounded like one of them.
    we were living on Prattinmak Hill but that was close to 7 years ago now so memory a bit hazy.

I have stayed at many places in Pattaya over the years , my first ever temporary home was room 41 at the Palm Villa hotel , opposite soi post office , its since been pulled down . My current home is in Bang Saray , lovely beach and well away from all the madness .

Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    I have stayed at many places in Pattaya over the years , my first ever temporary home was room 41 at the Palm Villa hotel , opposite soi post office , its since been pulled down . My current home is in Bang Saray , lovely beach and well away from all the madness .
    I like it up there as long as you don't live to close to all those fish drying racks.5555
    but do agree away from the madness and deceit..555
    a fav was going through the base to that really nice spot we called it monkey beach simply because we saw monkeys there but the small home stays were quite nice and cold beer and food readily available though that's an oxymoron it is Thailand after all.

I like it up there as long as you don't live to close to all those fish drying racks.5555
    but do agree away from the madness and deceit..555
    a fav was going through the base to that really nice spot we called it monkey beach simply because we saw monkeys there but the small home stays were quite nice and cold beer and food readily available though that's an oxymoron it is Thailand after all.
    Yes its a nice place , but like many locations it has changed over the years and not all for the good, I am / we are looking at the possibility of moving away ( my wife's mother is now getting incapable due to a long term mental problem , of looking after her self ) so we may move nearer to offer some assistance of some sort .

Platinum
    Welcome and we look forward to some interesting
    contributions to the wide ranging discussions on here.
    Bet there are a few interesting tales from your very varied background.
    Olympus likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast