Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Buksida

Thread: Hi everyone, need translation help.

Newby

Hi everyone, need translation help.

Thanks in advance. I'm newbie here. I don't know Thai language. I saw a YouTube video in Thai and I need your help in translation. The video is about propagation plant by cutting. I would to know are in the mix solution M-150 and 3 other things but sure what they are. Could you translate the the ingredients of the mixture? Here's the video
    Again thank you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    White one is MSG, the brown stuff is some sort of Shrimp Paste stock used in Soup.

Cadet Gold
    This stuff is usually used in gardening to accelerate root growth on plants but I had not previously known it could be made from foodstuffs.

The recipe seems pretty simple: 1 tsp of food seasoning, usually called pong churos in Thai or MSG, a cap full of energy drink and a heaped teaspoon of kapi (shrimp paste).

If it is a "root accelerator", maybe I should give it a try. Things have been pretty slow around my neck of the woods recently.
    Quarky, Gazmac and kaptainrob like this.

Newby
    Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    White one is MSG, the brown stuff is some sort of Shrimp Paste stock used in Soup.
    So it's MSG, shrimp paste, M-150 energy drink, and water made up the mixture, correct?

Newby
    I'm going it out. Let me know if you successfully roots your cuttings.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ForniaVN View Post
    So it's MSG, shrimp paste, M-150 energy drink, and water made up the mixture, correct?
    That's correct.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Seems about right to me. Let us know the outcome fellas. Could be he start of a proper horticultural thread.

Tez
    Looks like a winner I might try it too here in Aus
    I wonder if it works as a hair tonic too.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez View Post
    Looks like a winner I might try it too here in Aus
    I wonder if it works as a hair tonic too.
    You'll have to use Red Bull instead of M150 - that'll get you rooting.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Newby
    Can you please translate this video? and what is the mixture use for? Thanks in advance.

Cadet Gold
    My inexpert translation is that the mad scientist is testing two types of mixtures for efficacy in photosynthesis of micro-organisms.

The mixture is basically 1 egg, 2 spoonfuls of fish sauce and a 1/4 spoon of MSG (spoon size is probably the type of spoon used to eat noodles).
    He makes two sets of this shit, but to one set he adds a 1/4 spoon of kapi (shrimp paste).
    He then adds 1 spoonful of the two different solutions to test bottles of water. After that, he says he is going to leave them in the sun for a day.

I have no idea of the result and why he wanted to do it anyway.