The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Another Aussie (Well Tasmanian anyway, but close.)

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Hey Kermit. When do you land in Thailand?
    Hi Mate,

Jetstar plane lands evening of 16th January in Bangkok, night of 16th and 17th there then 18th January 7:30 pm train overnight (my wife hates flying) , next morning arrive Chiang Mai (19th to morning 25th). Then to Koh Samui 25th to morning 1st Feb. Karon beach from 1 Feb to morning 6th Feb. Flight from Phuket back to Hobart 6th February.

cheers

Kermit

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I copied your Thai Location under your name, เชียงใหม่, and it means Chiang Mai.

Do you have any recommendations?
    Things to do in CM
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I make Chiang Mai my winter home. Check with Moo's suggestion. Page 8 & 9 I replied.

The Down Under bar was open this past NY eve, but only on the roof. Everyone having a good time. However, on my VERY FEW evening wanderings this year I have seen a distinct lack of tourists... except for the Chinese who seldom visit the places that westerners do. The customers are WAY DOWN in the Loi Kroh area, and the girls working the bars in the boxing complex are struggling.

I saw MANY formerly busy eating areas in the night bizarre area that have closed...AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE HIGH SEASON!

Banned
    If you are coming to Tasmania for MOFO bring some warm undies!! Even though it is summer it has been known to snow here on Christmas day and be 30c the next. Dates for MOFO Hobart are 15-22 this month so I will be in Thailand.

Battery point is THE suburb in Hobart and you are only a minute or two from Salamanca where MOFO is held. Perfect location. They also have a part at MONA and your best bet would be to catch the ferry from just near Salamanca.

Brian Ritchie is the co-coordinator of MOFO and has done a great job as well a bass player with Violent Femmes.

Hope you enjoy it.

Edit:- Just noticed you said Dark MOFO, not till June, definitely bring the warm undies.
    No I was confused I meant MOFO, going there next week can't pass up the Femmes and catching up with an old friend.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by phaisan View Post
    No I was confused I meant MOFO, going there next week can't pass up the Femmes and catching up with an old friend.
    Well that is a real bummer, I was hoping to shout you a cleansing ale or a stunning shiraz but we are on Jetstar am Tuesday to LOS,............yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry for the orgasm.)

Now when you get here, seeing you have been starved of great wine at a good price, go directly to BWS Aberfeldy, is in Davey Street, left hand side going toward southern outlet, your friend will know, and buy heaps of Grant Burge Barossa Ink Shiraz. About AU$20 but worth $40 or more.

Manager there is Luc. Great guy.

There are great Tasmanian wines here but no need to bypass such a stunner as the above mentioned Shiraz if a real inky, plummy, oaky shiraz suits your palate.

And see if they have a bottle of Hellyers Road Single Malt Tasmanian Whisky. Pay up to AU$100 and your lady who owns the abalone licenses will love you long time, 5555 (see, corrupted into Thai Dreaming Speak already!!)

Cheers
    Kermit

Banned
    Well that is a real bummer, I was hoping to shout you a cleansing ale or a stunning shiraz but we are on Jetstar am Tuesday to LOS,............yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry for the orgasm.)

Now when you get here, seeing you have been starved of great wine at a good price, go directly to BWS Aberfeldy, is in Davey Street, left hand side going toward southern outlet, your friend will know, and buy heaps of Grant Burge Barossa Ink Shiraz. About AU$20 but worth $40 or more.

Manager there is Luc. Great guy.

There are great Tasmanian wines here but no need to bypass such a stunner as the above mentioned Shiraz if a real inky, plummy, oaky shiraz suits your palate.

And see if they have a bottle of Hellyers Road Single Malt Tasmanian Whisky. Pay up to AU$100 and your lady who owns the abalone licenses will love you long time, 5555 (see, corrupted into Thai Dreaming Speak already!!)

Cheers
    Kermit
    Don't go spoiling my reputation (and yours) by admitting that you may want to have a drink with me 555 My lady friend is a functioning alcoholic or though I question the function bit when I with her 555. I have tried the Tasmania Hellyers Road and Lark, to be honest they are only OK, that my be a bit harsh, they are good but don't really compare to good whiskey on the world stage.

My lady friend won't love me long time as I am on the wrong team 555, although my wife may have to watch out

Best of luck with your Thai trip, maybe pick up the do's and don'ts in Thailand book, it meant to be a good read.
    I am sure I will be back to island again in the near future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234